Unofficial Preview Port vs Port Magpies Feeder Club

Most Disappointing Misses

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee I haven't seen Ken up and about like that for a while, and someone mentioned they were at training too. Says to me that we should be expecting a great contest and perhaps the group is gaining confidence in what they can produce. It would seem from the outside we are ready to go, my first game for the year tomorrow, I think I've picked a cracker. I want a dominant Port.

He has some energy this year and it's great to see. Some positivity around the club at the moment!

The D's and us match up very well in most stats. The telling stat is they get more inside 50's than us and kick more goals a game and convert better, our Achilles heel all year has been converting basic shots in front of goal or from a slight angle from 30m out, we cannot afford to miss them tomorrow night, not against a decent team like Melbourne. Might be the barometer for us eventually.

The D's and us match up very well in most stats. The telling stat is they get more inside 50's than us and kick more goals a game and convert better, our Achilles heel all year has been converting basic shots in front of goal or from a slight angle from 30m out, we cannot afford to miss them tomorrow night, not against a decent team like Melbourne. Might be the barometer for us eventually.

That might also have something to do with who they've played though. We kicked 20 goals last week against average opposition.

As a Dees fan, we've yet to see us play a good side this year and stick with them (other than round 1 vs Cats).
I rate what Port are doing and think their contested style over the last month is as good as any when paired with the speed of Polec, Motlop, SPP.
This game worries me big time.
The teams we're losing to are genuinely better than us and the good run we had against poor sides had many believing we were better than we are. In reality, we're a 5th-10th placed side and these are the ones we need to win to prove the contrary.
We struggle against the big forwards so expect Dixon, Hoff and Marshall to have their way with us and win in a canter by 7 or 8 goals
You could quite easily change the names here and apply this to Port. This game is also crucial to us to prove we are actually a top 4 contender. We have lost these pivotal games time and time again over the last few years.

If we beat Melbourne that would be 4 home wins in a row. Crows, Richmond, WB and Melbourne.

3 of those are really tough games so there is possible progress in being able to football at home like we've struggled in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we beat Melbourne that would be 4 home wins in a row. Crows, Richmond, WB and Melbourne.

3 of those are really tough games so there is possible progress in being able to football at home like we've struggled in the past.
And then we'll play Carlton away next week....Surely not.

Crowd 41 kay. Melbourne by 20 points.

Just because and I'm leading my work tipping comp by 1. Happy to give it up. But i doubt it.

I think this is why there's a level of confidence amongst our supporters that doesn't reflect the reality of our long term performance. Hopefully it truly is an early sign that we are turning the corner, as well as finally making AO the fortress it should be.

We cannot afford to have our 1 bad quarter against the dees as they'll make us pay more than the dogs did. We need to have at least one great quarter and break even over the other 3 to win.

I think this game will go either way. Hopefully ours.

Port by 10

You could quite easily change the names here and apply this to Port. This game is also crucial to us to prove we are actually a top 4 contender. We have lost these pivotal games time and time again over the last few years.
Yeah fair call, similar teams in attitude and output who both have the ability to suck us in then let us down.
Hoping for a good one but do think your talls and smalls up forward will get the better of us.

Key to this game is the midfield. Our forward line will eat Melbourne’s defence alive if given the opportunity. Blokes like Hogan and McDonald will probably get on top of us pretty quickly if they get the opportunity too. It’s up to the respective midfields to decide which forward line gets those opportunities.

According to CH70's EPG on my TV this morning Watts is playing against his old side tonight.

upload_2018-6-22_12-44-43.png
AFL
Friday 22nd June at 7:00 pm (210 minutes)
Rnd 14: Port Adelaide V Melbourne: The Power have got three Jacks up their sleeve, but will they have more Aces than the Demons? LIVE from Adelaide Oval. Bounce time: 7.50pm AEST

Premiere, CC,
(Classification)

277bf123-103a-4b51-9253-8869bcc9d9f0.png

Back