Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep appears it was a pretty solid result. Crabbe shot well in the first half. Great to have 6 players in double figures, even with our high scoring it hasn't happened that regularly this season.

Bucks on Thursday and Grizzlies on Friday...

Yep appears it was a pretty solid result. Crabbe shot well in the first half. Great to have 6 players in double figures, even with our high scoring it hasn't happened that regularly this season.

Bucks on Thursday and Grizzlies on Friday...

If we could split those 2 games I'd be happy.

If we could split those 2 games I'd be happy.
Big game tomorrow, if we can get a win I think it shows progress as this is the type of game we would have definitely lost last year.

Think Aminu may need to start to guard Giannis, Davis will have big problems chasing him around the perimeter. Match up wise this should suit us as Harkless and Aminu are perfect types for Giannis and Jabari, and they lack guards to make us pay for our terrible guard defense.

A win would set this road trip up beautifully because I think we'll have a great show vs an undermanned Grizz. Pls Blazers don't break my heart again by putting in a stinker!

Big game tomorrow, if we can get a win I think it shows progress as this is the type of game we would have definitely lost last year.

Think Aminu may need to start to guard Giannis, Davis will have big problems chasing him around the perimeter. Match up wise this should suit us as Harkless and Aminu are perfect types for Giannis and Jabari, and they lack guards to make us pay for our terrible guard defense.

A win would set this road trip up beautifully because I think we'll have a great show vs an undermanned Grizz. Pls Blazers don't break my heart again by putting in a stinker!

Agree with your match up suggestions regarding todays game against the Bucks, I'm still not confident we will pull out the W however. Against the undermanned Grizz I actually think we will get the jobe done.

Man we were up 81 - 74, and I went to get a cup of tea and talk to a couple of my colleagues, get back to my computer and nearly spilt the tea all over my keyboard when I saw we were trailing 81 - 82.

Real waste of an opportunity there.

Yeah it was Indiana's highest scoring first half of the season. Meanwhile we've cleared 70 both times against them.

Still, both teams shooting well, if it continues will be another high scorer for us.

CJ shooting brilliantly in the 3rd.

Yeah it was Indiana's highest scoring first half of the season. Meanwhile we've cleared 70 both times against them.

Still, both teams shooting well, if it continues will be another high scorer for us.

CJ shooting brilliantly in the 3rd.

And then they basically can't buy a shot as soon as I typed that...******* typical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a frustrating week. Honestly, it felt like an injustice but was more a sign of our pathetic D that we went 1-4 on that trip, worst case should have been 3-2 and we had the chance to win every game. The problem as a supporter of this team is as currently built they're going to break your heart and probably crush your soul once a week because we cant consistently win if we cant defend for s**t. We just need a *ing trade for defense worse than anyone can imagine. Please Neil, do SOMETHING. January 15 cant come quick enough

What a frustrating week. Honestly, it felt like an injustice but was more a sign of our pathetic D that we went 1-4 on that trip, worst case should have been 3-2 and we had the chance to win every game. The problem as a supporter of this team is as currently built they're going to break your heart and probably crush your soul once a week because we cant consistently win if we cant defend for s**t. We just need a ruddy trade for defense worse than anyone can imagine. Please Neil, do SOMETHING. January 15 cant come quick enough

My feelings exactly.

My feelings exactly.
Watching the game on espn now. It's actually baffling how poor Meyers is when it comes to positioning for rebounds and defense. I'm 5"10 and no joke think I have better rebounding instincts and awareness of how to box out and use my body to protect space for rebounds. Can we just trade him for a ham sandwich and be done with it.

So who can we target for a trade? CJs contract is untradeable this year until his extension kicks in so it HAS to be a big we trade for and then next year we decide if we look for a bigger 2 guard. For me it's simple: if Neil has balls of steel he has to trade for Noel. Risk vs reward.

Watching the game on espn now. It's actually baffling how poor Meyers is when it comes to positioning for rebounds and defense. I'm 5"10 and no joke think I have better rebounding instincts and awareness of how to box out and use my body to protect space for rebounds. Can we just trade him for a ham sandwich and be done with it.

So who can we target for a trade? CJs contract is untradeable this year until his extension kicks in so it HAS to be a big we trade for and then next year we decide if we look for a bigger 2 guard. For me it's simple: if Neil has balls of steel he has to trade for Noel. Risk vs reward.

Noel is an interesting one as he's probably gettable and has the nucleus of what we need, his fitness would be the concern. What you think we'd have to give up to get him ?

We've been linked with Bogut, not that it means anything at this stage. Even if he would fill a need, I don't think he really fits our team profile (age).

To get Noel, it's literally like 'Dame's off the table, take your pick from 2 of the rest'.

Meyers is a 7 foot SG, and he's not really been hitting the shots this year. Cost us big in Indiana.

We've been linked with Bogut, not that it means anything at this stage. Even if he would fill a need, I don't think he really fits our team profile (age).

To get Noel, it's literally like 'Dame's off the table, take your pick from 2 of the rest'.

Meyers is a 7 foot SG, and he's not really been hitting the shots this year. Cost us big in Indiana.

Yeah Im a no for Bogut as he's 32 and Injury prone.

Noel is an interesting one as he's probably gettable and has the nucleus of what we need, his fitness would be the concern. What you think we'd have to give up to get him ?
Don't think Noel will cost us the world because he's coming up for his extension and does have some injury history. Then there's the fact no team will give up the world for him because you know Philly can't keep and play all 3 of Okafor Embiid and Noel.

Depending on price id LOVE bogut for this team. He's not going to be a key piece long term but he would provide mongrel, solid screens, good passer and great rim protector. Im sick to death of watching our s**t passive defense, i think a bogut or tyson chandler type would be great for a year or 2 to instill some kind of defensive identity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back