Game Day Ports Adelaide v West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
did others lose their s**t when McGovern took that mark?

I think I had a 20 minute tantrum from when he took the mark. Toys out of the cot stuff.
Yeah you would have thought the coaches/captain/runners would have seen him drift forward and covered him. But no, that's not the Port way. Two goals against in 45 seconds to finally sink the season, so it's not like there was anything riding on it ,,,

Clurey bombing it into 50 with 1:30 left on the clock was the moment. We take 30 more seconds off and they're not kicking 2 goals.

You are spot on it happened right in front of me instead of running the clock down and kicking as long as possible he chipped it to Steven Motlop who was marked by 2 taller defenders, these stupid decisions cost games just like Wingards lack of composure in the final last year.

I am waiting for the Club to put Hinkley's presser up. I really want to see if he has anything new to say. I doubt he will say anything we haven't already heard but we really are a bunch of losers atm and I am hoping someone in the press gallery points that out.

If the press were kind they would tell it as it is and run with the simple headline LOSERS. That might give Ken some ammunition and instill some fire into a bunch of under achievers, masquerading as Port Adelaide footballers.

I had better go for a beer before I post something I will regret later.

I've backed Ken for a long time but I think it's now very clear we need:
- a new coach that is an elite gameday tactician, teacher and a little nasty at times.
- a midfield coach that can bring out more in our mids than just grunt.
- a new Captain that has "presence" on the field and can execute basic skills consistently well.
- an established and elite ruckman
- to be rid of Pittard
- Polec to stay

This lack of passion or care shits me. How many more apathetic press conferences do we have to endure. I can't imagine Chris Scott or Alistair Clarkson saying stuff like this. From the head coach down this group lacks the killer instinct needed to be a good club. Not even a great one, just a good one.

I give up.

5469014826829629869bc807c927502d.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've backed Ken for a long time but I think it's now very clear we need:
- a new coach that is an elite gameday tactician, teacher and a little nasty at times.
- a midfield coach that can bring out more in our mids than just grunt.
- a new Captain that has "presence" on the field and can execute basic skills consistently well.
- an established and elite ruckman
- to be rid of Pittard
- Polec to stay

My god outside of the ruckman line I could have written this entire post word for word myself.

That was actually quite funny in the end. We have become a parody of ourselves.
Didn't see anyone laughing at the ground, but your right reducing it to humour is a cooping mechanism for Port fans
but no-one was laughing there tonight. The crowd did their best to get them up but nup a lot of us saw a last minute defeat coming
and so it was. 25-0 at one stage? Dunno what we kicked in the 2nd 1/2 but sheesh.
If I was Billy Frampton i'd tell Ken get farked stew in your own juices. You made your bed now lie in it.
Disappointed and very angry at "unbelievable" Ports.

Emotionally i've checked out for 2018

Farken - our leaders have been puss for a long time. I'm talking Boak, Ebert, Westhoff, Jonas, etc. They are just not your grab the game by the throat type players.

I'm hoping this has not rubbed off too much on Ollie, and we can still build a side around Him, Wines, SPP, DBJ, Doogs, etc.

I've been backing Ken lately, thinking he is in for the longer plan, but Farken, some fresh leadership up top might give the players a harder edge. Ebert/Polec/S Gray/Pittard can all go. I'm in for the draft.

I laughed when McGovern took that grab. Let's be honest, it wasn't ending any other way.

I'm emotionally checked out until I see some significant change at the club. Last week i was angry, this week I feel nothing.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

This lack of passion or care shits me. How many more apathetic press conferences do we have to endure. I can't imagine Chris Scott or Alistair Clarkson saying stuff like this. From the head coach down this group lacks the killer instinct needed to be a good club. Not even a great one, just a good one.

I give up.

5469014826829629869bc807c927502d.png

This is a joke, right? So he'll be happy when we finish 9th (again)? Who would have guessed that when we smashed Richmond in the EF in 2014, the ambition was simply to become them?

I laughed when McGovern took that grab. Let's be honest, it wasn't ending any other way.

I'm emotionally checked out until I see some significant change at the club. Last week i was angry, this week I feel nothing.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Same. People around me were raging. I was sitting there giggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back