Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood - Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
What.a.gif

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reading some snark on a website you voluntarily join is not some sort of free speech human rights violation.

Everyone who took issue with the post was given what I believe was clearly a good faith response, an overwhelming majority of the people accepted the response, virtually ‘shook hands’ and buried it.

(PS - never deleted a thread in my life, and think I’ve deleted probably around 15 posts in my entire time as a mod. I’m not aware of any Eagles mod deleting a thread, and not aware of any thread being locked for being “too negative”.)

Move it on now legends, this thread should now be exclusively for jaded Pies fans coming to sook five days after a loss

Reading some snark on a website you voluntarily join is not some sort of free speech human rights violation.

Everyone who took issue with the post was given what I believe was clearly a good faith response, an overwhelming majority of the people accepted the response, virtually ‘shook hands’ and buried it.

(PS - never deleted a thread in my life, and think I’ve deleted probably around 15 posts in my entire time as a mod. I’m not aware of any Eagles mod deleting a thread, and not aware of any thread being locked for being “too negative”.)

Move it on now legends, this thread should now be exclusively for jaded Pies fans coming to sook five days after a loss
Can I say I liked the post and it made me laugh or is that off topic and likely to get me carded?

So, here's the thing. Threads don't get deleted (unless they are a duplicate and are merged). We very occasionally close a ridiculous thread (like this one https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/why-no-investigation-in-umpiring.1260526/), but that is about it. If you have examples, please let me know

I stated my position. The mod posted a thread where he took the piss out of some negative positions. Most people took it in the humour it was intended, clearly you did not.

I'm not arguing with you about stuff you "called out". No one is stopping you posting your opinion. None of your posts have been touched. I'm really not sure what your issue is here.

Threads deleted / closed... same same.

Honey Badger started a thread that was purely negative. Starting a thread to shame those with opinions he didn't like is the very negativity that mods crack down on when it's a view they don't agree with. That's the issue. It's the hypocrisy of double standards. Whether some took it in humour or not is irrelevant.

The "Delist Petruccelle" thread is an example of a negative thread that was insta-locked. The mods pick and choose, like I've previously stated, based on their own sensibilities. Your BS reasoning doesn't hide your hypocrisy.

Last edited:
I feel in all the fuss over Allen, the immensity of Darling’s Q2 is being lost. Spotted this on twitter - according to the official player ratings, that was the best individual quarter so far this year, and 15th highest scoring individual quarter since they started tracking AFLPR in 2010.

View attachment 1107755

Darling was huge, thought he was BOG over Allen tbh. Created a lot of play, ran all day. Got the game on our terms in the second and then iced it in the 4th.

BS! Threads get deleted due to being negative. That's not a case of "what creates more work for us" but rather the sensibilities of the mods, ie whatever you don't agree with.

“Threads get deleted due to being negative “

Complete bollocks

I went back over the last 6 pages of threads which is about 7-8 months of history. There was one deleted thread which was a duplication of another similar thread and nothing to with negativity

There are a number of closed threads but they are almost exclusively threads that have run their natural course. Again nothing to do with negativity

It’s true ,we have banned a handful of posters because their relentless negativity/arguing with other posters was seen as a detriment to the enjoyment of the board for the majority. Those decisions are never taken lightly but are done to preserve a degree of harmony

For the most part, people including yourself are allowed to air their opinions free of censure but not without being open to challenge. This discussion is example A of that policy - you’ve criticised a mod for an OP you disagree with which has been allowed to stand unedited but has been debated

So spare us your persecution complex - there’s no evidence for it no matter how much you claim it’s existence

Write what you like.
People can tell you you’re wrong.
You can tell them that they’re wrong.
Everybody moves along.

Whoever is reading this: there is no lizard people agenda against you, your point of view or the truths you hold dear. You are not being oppressed by a voluntary internet forum. Have a nice day.

“Threads get deleted due to being negative “

Complete bollocks

I went back over the last 6 pages of threads which is about 7-8 months of history. There was one deleted thread which was a duplication of another similar thread and nothing to with negativity

There are a number of closed threads but they are almost exclusively threads that have run their natural course. Again nothing to do with negativity

It’s true ,we have banned a handful of posters because their relentless negativity/arguing with other posters was seen as a detriment to the enjoyment of the board for the majority. Those decisions are never taken lightly but are done to preserve a degree of harmony

For the most part, people including yourself are allowed to air their opinions free of censure but not without being open to challenge. This discussion is example A of that policy - you’ve criticised a mod for an OP you disagree with which has been allowed to stand unedited but has been debated

So spare us your persecution complex - there’s no evidence for it no matter how much you claim it’s existence

Keys, you're a liar. On page 3 of the thread list there's the "Delist Petruccelle" thread that was deleted / closed due to its negativity and mod sensibilities. So not "complete bollocks." Two different standards dependent upon who's going negative. Mods be like: do as I say, not as I do.

Given that the whole mod team has come running to the defense of Badger over his shizen OP, the whole lot of you are a bunch of hypocrites and reprobates.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel in all the fuss over Allen, the immensity of Darling’s Q2 is being lost. Spotted this on twitter - according to the official player ratings, that was the best individual quarter so far this year, and 15th highest scoring individual quarter since they started tracking AFLPR in 2010.

View attachment 1107755
The highest ever was Reiwoldt in 2010 (according to the graphic you quoted). That was against us at the MCG when he kicked 10. I remember that game because I flew over to watch it, thinking we could get a win against another crap team in a lean year. It was just awful to watch.

The highest ever was Reiwoldt in 2010 (according to the graphic you quoted). That was against us at the MCG when he kicked 10. I remember that game because I flew over to watch it, thinking we could get a win against another crap team in a lean year. It was just awful to watch.
Haha. When i read it i was thinking it must have been that game as well. Listening to it while playing golf at whaleback. We should have been a shoe in but sookie Jack, which he was in those days, came out and had the game of his life. Didnt help i had a s**t game of golf either. Memories.......

Oh also, didnt mind the opening post myself. Just goes to show we can be a bit of a premature negative nancy at times

Write what you like.
People can tell you you’re wrong.
You can tell them that they’re wrong.
Everybody moves along.

Whoever is reading this: there is no lizard people agenda against you, your point of view or the truths you hold dear. You are not being oppressed by a voluntary internet forum. Have a nice day.
Great OP, who would have thought an Office gif could cause such severe psycological pain to poor old Pulsey.
Dont be such a bloody snowflake ya ******* pelican.

I'm confused how this is a purely negative thread because of the quotes in the OP. The title is literally 'Positives and Negatives', and it's a regular post-game review thread. If the thread had been something along the lines of 'Delete Your Account' and "These people need to delete their account" followed by the quotes then yeah, negative and personal. That's not what we got though.

Threads deleted / closed... same same.

Honey Badger started a thread that was purely negative. Starting a thread to shame those with opinions he didn't like is the very negativity that mods crack down on when it's a view they don't agree with. That's the issue. It's the hypocrisy of double standards. Whether some took it in humour or not is irrelevant.

The "Delist Petruccelle" thread is an example of a negative thread that was insta-locked. The mods pick and choose, like I've previously stated, based on their own sensibilities. Your BS reasoning doesn't hide your hypocrisy.

Thats pretty simple, the guy is contracted until the end of 2023. How can the club delist him. It's locked because it's just a stupid premise and thread to have open.

Man that game was ****ed. I think I watched it with a Richmond supporter too, can’t remember may have blocked it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back