Media Post-Like Counts: do they maketh the Qootballer?

Remove this Banner Ad

So if we say conservatively S12... yeah, would make sense. Who would have thought it wasn't the game itself that led to the popularity of this place, more the non verbal indication that you are positive towards it.
tenor%20(7).gif

Is there a direct correlation between quality posting and the post-like counts of SFA Qootballers?

The thought bubble came to me when I noticed I had reached 10,000 likes, yet only had about 7,800 posts. What did this mean? That I posted less than some, but the posts I made were more quality, and therefore attracted more likes? :think:

Not one to toot my own horn, I thought I would research the post-like counts of prominent Qootballers and the results were quite intriguing.

Category 1: Post-Like Count is Similar
You get many people whose post-like count is very similar, say within ~5000 (myself included). This indicates to me that they are consistent in their approach. Not only do they post regularly but they are also very likeable. I’m no statistician unfortunately, maybe Loonerty can work out the probabilities. In theory, it’s highly likely that for every two or three posts they make, they receive at least 1 like. Not a 1:1 ratio but close enough. You get a mix of long-term Qooty players and those new to the league in this category. As time goes by you may see them reach Category 2! (and hopefully avoid Category 3...)

View attachment 648441

Category 2: More Likes Than Posts
You get a multitude of Qootballers whose like count has significantly blown out from their post count, at least ~10,000 and beyond. This may indicate those that post slightly less on average than those in Category 1, but the quality of their posts is reliably of a higher standard. Alternatively they probably post just as much as Category 1 but instead receive in excess of 2 or more likes per post. Perhaps they simply post good gifs (KohPhi). Many veterans of the game appear to be in this category, an indication of an illustrious Qooty career and respect from their peers and enemies alike. They could say something totally banal and still get a like or three - it's the only way I can describe rfctiger74's discrepancy.

View attachment 648442

Category 3: More Posts Than Likes
Then finally, you get the most interesting category of all. Those whose post count is higher than their like count. Does this mean that these people are the spammers of the league, post utter rubbish, and get fewer likes as a result?! Or maybe they contribute to the league in other unique ways that the SFA just doesn't appreciate. Either way, the results may shock you...

View attachment 648443

And there you have it. I encourage every Qootballer to take a close look at their own post-like counts. Which category are YOU?!

Over and out,
por_please_ya

Now like this thread.
As somebody who doesnt actually have any friends on BigFooty and is only here purely for personal " likes" as a way of justifying my own lonely pathetic lifestyle i was gutted not to make the "more likes than posts" list.

CALL ME SNAKE
Brownlow Medallist
Posts11,112 Likes35,601

Free reach around for anybody who likes this post.

As somebody who doesnt actually have any friends on BigFooty and is only here purely for personal " likes" as a way of justifying my own lonely pathetic lifestyle i was gutted not to make the "more likes than posts" list.

CALL ME SNAKE
Brownlow Medallist
Posts11,112 Likes35,601

Free reach around for anybody who likes this post.
That's quite significant, well done you!!

That's quite significant, well done you!!
giphy.gif

Interesting analysis por_please_ya ......about as useful as a penis on NaturalDisaster .....so many flaws in the article

But I'll help you out though .... to get some traction for your thread

The Post / Like ratio's vary from Forum to Forum:

1. On Club Boards the more negative you are towards your club, the more likes you get

2. On other Forums liking a post encourages participation

3. In the SFA the post / like ratio is probably the most accurate of any Forum .....if they hate the post, you're told ....if you're witty, you get a like

On the Adelaide Board my ratio was running at under 50% B4 I branched out to other Forums .....by years end I'll be 1:1 ......and next season, I'll be in Category 2 & well on my way to being " a beloved folklore character"
Shut up nerd.

The post:likes ration can be very deceiving, especially for those who have been around for a long time. There were no likes on BF for several years after I joined. It wasn't until the second half of last year that my likes finally caught up with my posts.

People like Mobbs were probably more active when there were no likes so would probably have had over 20,000 posts before likes were introduced

That explains your early lack of likes. What about for the last 6+ years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I'm incapable of coming up with hard hitting zingers like your post.

See this is your problem

Noone likes a snot-log, but everyone likes a zinger burger

Last edited:

This now becomes a reference point for you CMZ - if ever anyone asks you "When did you get your 22,658th like?"....well, you'll know.

We are recording history :D

The best way to fish for likes of course, is to appeal to your team's circle jerk mentality. I could probably go on the Port Board and post "Crows lol" at the appropriate time and garner 87 likes...as I'm sure say, por_please_ya could go on her board and post "Puffers lol" and garner 88 likes. It's how most of the site's leading like whores harvested their totals

Is there a direct correlation between quality posting and the post-like counts of SFA Qootballers?

The thought bubble came to me when I noticed I had reached 10,000 likes, yet only had about 7,800 posts. What did this mean? That I posted less than some, but the posts I made were more quality, and therefore attracted more likes? :think:

Not one to toot my own horn, I thought I would research the post-like counts of prominent Qootballers and the results were quite intriguing.

Category 1: Post-Like Count is Similar
You get many people whose post-like count is very similar, say within ~5000 (myself included). This indicates to me that they are consistent in their approach. Not only do they post regularly but they are also very likeable. I’m no statistician unfortunately, maybe Loonerty can work out the probabilities. In theory, it’s highly likely that for every two or three posts they make, they receive at least 1 like. Not a 1:1 ratio but close enough. You get a mix of long-term Qooty players and those new to the league in this category. As time goes by you may see them reach Category 2! (and hopefully avoid Category 3...)

View attachment 648441

Category 2: More Likes Than Posts
You get a multitude of Qootballers whose like count has significantly blown out from their post count, at least ~10,000 and beyond. This may indicate those that post slightly less on average than those in Category 1, but the quality of their posts is reliably of a higher standard. Alternatively they probably post just as much as Category 1 but instead receive in excess of 2 or more likes per post. Perhaps they simply post good gifs (KohPhi). Many veterans of the game appear to be in this category, an indication of an illustrious Qooty career and respect from their peers and enemies alike. They could say something totally banal and still get a like or three - it's the only way I can describe rfctiger74's discrepancy.

View attachment 648442

Category 3: More Posts Than Likes
Then finally, you get the most interesting category of all. Those whose post count is higher than their like count. Does this mean that these people are the spammers of the league, post utter rubbish, and get fewer likes as a result?! Or maybe they contribute to the league in other unique ways that the SFA just doesn't appreciate. Either way, the results may shock you...

View attachment 648443

And there you have it. I encourage every Qootballer to take a close look at their own post-like counts. Which category are YOU?!

Over and out,
por_please_ya

Now like this thread.
My ratio has risen from 1.44 to 1.82 since this post so I must be an objectively better poster

Last edited:
My ratio has risen from 1.44 to 1.82 since this post so I must be an objectively better poster

I've gone from 1.16 to 1.39 however one change has been made since this media was posted and that is that PM reacts are counted now, although PM posts aren't.

I've gone from 1.16 to 1.39 however one change has been made since this media was posted and that is that PM reacts are counted now, although PM posts aren't.
Really?

Should a separate line for group PM circle jerk likes.

Hmmm

Apparently I posted in this thread

Go nuts people!

(this place needs a crickets reaction)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back