Autopsy Post Mortem vs Norf (Pies 84 def by Norf 124)

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched game on tv so our views of the game would be massively diff. Im not saying coaching staff blameless, but wouldnt go to TG extremes and call for bucks head. Early in the match when things were hot, looked like twice as many north players on the ground compared to us. Just took us too long to get in the contest......again
A change of coach can do no harm, only good. 5 years is enough time for Buckley to get us into the 8 and he has failed. And he can take Rocca, Lockyer, Harvey and Hart with him. I look forward to a row of fresh, non-Collingwood faces in the box next year.

Why aren't the players working hard enough? Do you think the coach might be unable to motivate them?
Im not a professional athlete but when i play indoor cricket, i dont need my captain or other players to motivate me to play well, but then again, im not 18-25yr old that may need that. Didnt seem like the players had a motivation problem last week, or in 2nd half this week,(although north prob dropped off), easy way out is to keep blaming the coach hey?

I give credit to Maynard for taking the very next kick in after he fluffed it up so badly. Showed some intestinal fortitude.
That's my only comment as I feel too flat right now.

Let's face it we're just not very good.And I can't see that changing because we keep recruiting the wrong type of players,and our coaching system is poor.

Footy Department needs a Clean out

Eh, who cares. Priddis won a Brownlow and he's still West Coast's whipping boy.

Facts are that Sidebottom was one of the main reasons you guys took it right up to us. Dropped a few easy ones from memory, but his follow up was always hard and usually ended up very bad (from my point of view :p ).
Sidebottom is a rare player for Collingwood in that he runs at a high standard, however he regularly costs the side with critical errors or lazy, dinky disposals which blunt his damage.

I thought his 30cm handball turnover last week cost us momentum and his first half tonight was error ridden, including getting caught inside 50 early in the first which set the tone for us.

Im not a professional athlete but when i play indoor cricket, i dont need my captain or other players to motivate me to play well, but then again, im not 18-25yr old that may need that. Didnt seem like the players had a motivation problem last week, or in 2nd half this week,(although north prob dropped off), easy way out is to keep blaming the coach hey?

I'm not blaming the coach solely but clearly our methods are not working. The coach stands out tonight because he made a point of saying how fired up the players would be for this game. Instead we looked like witches hats in the first quarter.

Sidebottom is a ******* gun. Gets nowhere near the praise he deserves.

He was hopeless tonight

Another shit start cost us, season over, scared of the next few weeks, really important we don't drop our bundle like last year and carry that shit form into next year. However with this group, it really wouldn't shock me

Let's face it we're just not very good.And I can't see that changing because we keep recruiting the wrong type of players,and our coaching system is poor.
In all seriousness recruiting of Treloar was a massive move, prolly 2nd best recruit to Dangerfield, will go close to winning your B&F.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not blaming the coach solely but clearly our methods are not working. The coach stands out tonight because he made a point of saying how fired up the players would be for this game. Instead we looked like witches hats in the first quarter.

This seems to be going in circles.

TG said it was the coaches fault the players weren't putting in the effort. Driz asked how lack of effort is the fault of the coaches.

This seems to be going in circles.

TG said it was the coaches fault the players weren't putting in the effort. Driz asked how lack of effort is the fault of the coaches.

My conversation with Driz did not involve TG. Would you prefer me not to continue?

Bucks obviously told them to attack the man.

At qtr time in 1990 lethal told them forget the man... attack the ball.

I have always backed Bucks as coach, until tonight. He lost control of his team. I want Collingwood to start winning again.

I want Bucks out.

Shocking motivation for our players tonight... none of them know how to harness aggression.

That IS the coachs fault.

Thanks for the dreams Bucks, you're a Collingwood Legend forever.

Now lets go get someone like Bomber Thompson and start playing finals again.

Bucks you lost control of our club tonight.

Thanks... but you are out.

You know this is the first time I've seen this comment and it definitely makes sense to me.....Bomber Thomson said the other night that he wouldn't consider coaching Brisbane, because I assume it's a 5-10 year job to bring them back. But he may be interested in coaching collingwood. Finally we could have a successful coach and one that has a premium football brain. I like it

I'm just trying to clarify for you.

Thanks, I really appreciate your efforts to help me understand this forum. Maybe you could come around tomorrow night and read me a bedtime story.

Thanks, I really appreciate your efforts to help me understand this forum. Maybe you could come around tomorrow night and read me a bedtime story.

No need to be a pissy little kid about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back