Autopsy Post Mortem vs Norf (Pies 84 def by Norf 124)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendles carried us in the first half, 4.4.28 and Pendles got 6 score involvement. I can't even imagine what will happen in the first half if pendles was not there.
I thought Aish was very good today. Showing a lot positives.
Got smashed in the centre, especially in the first quarter. When we got smashed in the centre, the backline seems very vulnerable.
When Josh Smith was leading touch for us, it definitely something wrong in the first quarter.
Jeremy Howe was shocking in the first quarter, and he did nothing in the forward line.
Trav Varcoe was the driving force for the second half chasing. I really enjoy watching him rebound from backline.
Marley Williams gave away 2 frees after goal. However, North only score 0.2, but it is still not good enough.
Jesse White seems good on the wing, is there any chance he could play in the centre? Okay, I am joking.

Umpires. I will not comment on these guys, but after the big screen showed that frees were 15-5 in the mid way through second quarter, all of sudden, we won 4 or 5 frees in a row. They knew they are biased, they wanna act as fair umpires.

Last, ducking. I hate it, AFL need address players do not try to duck. Your head will be hit and there is a chance of concussion. Umpires should not award frees for ducking and they should even award a free against ducking player to let them think twice of ducking and hit in the head.

Time to see the likes of Wills, Crocker, Phillips and Broomhead. Even give Witts and Cox more game time now. Nothing left to gain from this season, shuffle a few cards around and give a few seniors a rest.

Nah, stick fat with our best team and try for as much momentum to run into the off season as possible. We can still gain plenty by getting a better understanding of that. And plenty to lose by throwing kids to the wolves too early.

Funny situation where we are at, if we think we are still improving and just need a decent run with Injuries then minor changes are needed, If we are setting for a re-jig of our expectations to 3 or 4 years down the track then Cloke, White, Goldsack, Brown, all go after this year at a minimum.

Marley Williams really is becoming a joke of a footballer.
He has lost it completely, not that he ever really had it in the first place but he was at least hard to beat. Kicking was always atrocious.
He is now too easy to play on.

He's this boards whipping boy of late.:$
Sometimes it's "he's a downhill skier" other times it's "turnover merchant".

Eh, who cares. Priddis won a Brownlow and he's still West Coast's whipping boy.

Facts are that Sidebottom was one of the main reasons you guys took it right up to us. Dropped a few easy ones from memory, but his follow up was always hard and usually ended up very bad (from my point of view :p ).

I agree. So how is us not spreading and making space bucks fault?

For example, when we kick in we don't appear to have an organised system for moving it forward. Also, when our players take a mark or get a free kick they usually trot back from the mark instead of moving the ball quickly. I can only assume this is what they have been told to do.

Aish did some nice things.. just not many of them.. I'm non the wiser with him. I saw a lot of players make half arsed efforts tonight. Some of Fasolo's efforts were atrocious and the Cloke was back to terrible, Brown was horrible, Marsh can't kick, Maynard is a clanger magnet, Treloar likes the easy ball too much. Grundy had a shocker. Varco was woeful first half and is half the player he was last year. after a good month this was so depressing.. feels like back to square 1 groundhog day.

Well, I thought Adams was good. Cant see much love for him on here.

Otherwise, that game was a microcosm of our season. Small patches of good play, even brilliance, in between truly woeful football. The backline falling apart in that first quarter, ugh. The mids getting hammered, then fighting back. Dysfunctional forward line, with some fleeting cameo performances. Undisciplined play giving away frees. Cloke back to being Cloke, as I feared.

Feeling very despondent.:(

Problem is our best potential captain is a hot head and our current captain is a soft touch.

Geez we miss Maxy. ..

Has been steadily down hill since he left the club.
Adams is a shit for brains we can't afford to have a Heath Shaw type as Captain, heavens that's why we got rid of Shaw. We are meant to have a classy team now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For example, when we kick in we don't appear to have an organised system for moving it forward. Also, when our players take a mark or get a free kick they usually trot back from the mark instead of moving the ball quickly. I can only assume this is what they have been told to do.
I agree. You look at the Hawks their first thought when this happens is to kick off two steps to get the ball moving forward quickly. By the time we have the ball in hand, gone back, the defense has covered our spread.

Too many times I saw our boys jogging or walking with hands on hips midfield, an extra sprint back would halve a contest, forward would spread their defenders. Varcoe & Crisp main offenders.

My 2cts.
Exactly where we stand. Lack of polish and application at the beginning of the game cost us once again.

We took the game on a lot more then previous games but more often then not turned it over. Fix that and we are there.
Aggression. All for it if it works but it is what bloodsuckers like Leechey Thomas thrive on. Now we looked like frustrated dickheads and we lost.

Not getting stuck in the usual suspects, I leave that to the experts.

Again i agree, but if players worked hard enough to spread, we'd have somewhere to move forward to, right? Its easy to just blame coach or certain players, but it looks like an overall problem. We didnt play anywhere near as well as we did last week, yet our opposition were nowhere near as good as adel???? I have a feeling that even though bucks tried to sell us the "finals game" to the supporters, and trick the players, last week was season over and thats how we started tonight

Again i agree, but if players worked hard enough to spread, we'd have somewhere to move forward to, right? Its easy to just blame coach or certain players, but it looks like an overall problem. We didnt play anywhere near as well as we did last week, yet our opposition were nowhere near as good as adel???? I have a feeling that even though bucks tried to sell us the "finals game" to the supporters, and trick the players, last week was season over and thats how we started tonight

Why aren't the players working hard enough? Do you think the coach might be unable to motivate them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back