Play Nice Post sanction: Taylor Walker publically apologises for his racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, it is a good apology, and it seems to have been taken as genuine given that Young was willing to appear in the apology video.

But I really hope that people take notice of what a lot of other Aboriginal people are saying about this - that it's not an isolated one-off issue, it's something they see, hear, and feel on a regular basis.

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized:

take note of the last line you Muppet. When white Australians are a minority group thats had attempted genocide, slavery and oppression built on them and was recognised as fauna until 50 years ago, maybe you can complain you absolute clown.

Only dead shits group all white people together to be fair.

Are you one of those?

An Italian and Scot might both be considered white but they come from vastly different cultural backgrounds.

So what exactly is a White Australian?

Jews are white Australians btw.

So you can be "white" and be discriminated against because of your culture.

what are you doing to address 10 thousand innocent children dying per day exactly? What are you doing to help issues in the aboriginal community? Or is making a social media post enough effort to show you “genuinely care”?
So unless I'm actively out working in communities, I can't speak out against racism? Is that your argument?
If you can't commit your life to these issues, then do nothing at all. Do you not realise how stupid this is and how this makes you look? I'm guessing no.

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized:
'Typically' or not in every case. Do you want to spend some more time to find a definition that actually supports your argument? Unless you are trying to say that if Racism is rare it is not important.

is that in Kirsti's thread on bigfooty? haven't come across her mentioning him but i haven't read the entire thread
I'm not sure about what's been said on BigFooty. I've happened to have conversations with her directly in the past and the Walker stuff has come up.

So unless I'm actively out working in communities, I can't speak out against racism? Is that your argument?
If you can't commit your life to these issues, then do nothing at all. Do you not realise how stupid this is and how this makes you look? I'm guessing no.

I would think that if all you do is post on social media about how bad racism is then you're probably not doing a whole lot to help improve things...

Especially if in the process of fighting the good fight you end up making bigoted comments. Which is the usual way with social media.

Yeah hard to know - if what has been alleged is true - what the penalty would be in the modern AFL.

Mentioned on SEN, Justin Sherman got 4 weeks. I had a vague recollection of a ruckmen post my Monkhurst memory. Should be more than that these days, lots of water under the bridge since Charman was rolling around the place.

Edited - been advised it was Sherman, not Charman. Apologies to the big bloke.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think private schools are exemplars of institutions that produce well adjusted, tolerant humans??

No, they just have better lawyers and PR consultants.

"My how times have changed, I’m glad I’m getting towards the end of my journey in life, as I’m getting tired of being careful of what I say because I offend someone when I didn’t intend to"

This Crows supporter just doesn't want to live in a world where he can't say racist sh*t if he so desires.

sad isn’t it. But every club has them.

If Taylor said what it‘s alleged he said, then the league need to put all this ‘zero tolerance for racism‘ talk into action.

De-register him and ban him from ever being registered or involved with any level of Australian Rules Football ever again. Take a stand and send a strong message.

Who was the last player to be found guilty of racial vilification? I recall Justin Sherman getting 4 weeks. Post Goodes the penalty will surely ramp up.

10 witnesses now, jesus it's growing..

Have you got the link?

Ignore this bloke, he's one of the pathological club apologists that is lashing out in all directions in support of Tex. He even posted a clear implication that the player caused it by being somewhat of a sniper. Which I don't think is in doubt, but as defense to a racist comment? This is type of attitude that we're constantly battling over on our board.

Ignore this bloke, he's one of the pathological club apologists that is lashing out in all directions in support of Tex. He even posted a clear implication that the player caused it by being somewhat of a sniper. Which I don't think is in doubt, but as defense to a racist comment? This is type of attitude that we're constantly battling over on our board.

Yeah he is just trying to justify the racial vilification

Embarrassing

would be nice if this came out after any investigation

if he said some sh*t then let him have it, but while they are currently 'investigating' it's pretty poor to be named like this in the meantime

You would need to take that up with whichever person involved in the process that is bound by the non-disclosure policy leaked it to a reporter. Someone from our club, the AFL or the SANFL has chosen to ignore that policy and spoken to a reporter. It is bad, lots of people under investigation are named publicly all the time. The advertiser recently ran a list of all the South Australians recently charged under that ANON app thing. I doubt they've all been to court and had their innocence/guilt determined. Even private people have their faces plastered over the internet for similar stuff these days.

This bloke is a cancer. No wonder the crows are such a basket case. Between him and riccuito they have pretty much destroyed the whole clubs culture.

Actually I change my mind, extend both of their contracts and let it continue :thumbsu:

We could always use more crows players fleeing interstate to get away from the knob. Abusing them on the way out just drives more nails into the crows culture coffin. It's telling that even his fellow players hate him so much they dobbed him in.

take note of the last line you Muppet. When white Australians are a minority group thats had attempted genocide, slavery and oppression built on them and was recognised as fauna until 50 years ago, maybe you can complain you absolute clown.

Somebody needs a fact check

The Crows will need to come down hard on Tex. They have to demonstrate to their indigenous players, staff and supporters that they care.

Will be very difficult for Tex to regain the respect of his indigenous team mates, that's for sure. But perhaps it is an opportunity for him to learn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back