Autopsy Prac Match - Richmond v Essendon; 7 Mar, 1:00PM @ Punt Road Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe how excited the bombers supporters are about Daniher, he took one good mark and did nothing else the whole game, his kicking is absolutely crap

Can't believe how excited the bombers supporters are about Daniher, he took one good mark and did nothing else the whole game, his kicking is absolutely crap
Not only Bomber fans - the entire media are treating him like the second coming!

I thought he did pretty good for a second year player against quality opposition. Have to remember the adage, "big men take time" as we've been saying about Vickery all these years, give Daniher until his mid 20's and hell be a very dominant forward. That said, it's not worth the attention he got.

Not wanting to defend the trolls, but the criticism of Griffiths this time last year and in fact most of last year were warranted. I'm not afraid to admit that I had written him off at the end of last season and I am also happy that he has now started to deliver, however I will say that 3 NAB games doesn't make a season or career. Give me a season of performances like he has put up the last month and I'll say he has arrived.

Big pat on the back must go to Chocco once again, got Martin right and now seems to have worked his magic on Griffiths.

Agreed. He looked gaawn. I know talls take longer to come on but IMO Chocco is the man here. Influence can not be overstated enough.

Further strengthens my feeling that our drafting in previous years wasn't really as bad as what our development was. Off-field was so poor that had we picked Buddy in 2004, he would be filling out his Centrelink income reporting statement as we speak and Bling would be in Sheahan's top ten.

Loving the recent fruits of astute and well run off-field department. Go Tiges!

Agreed. He looked gaawn. I know talls take longer to come on but IMO Chocco is the man here. Influence can not be overstated enough.

Further strengthens my feeling that our drafting in previous years wasn't really as bad as what our development was. Off-field was so poor that had we picked Buddy in 2004, he would be filling out his Centrelink income reporting statement as we speak and Bling would be in Sheahan's top ten.

Loving the recent fruits of astute and well run off-field department. Go Tiges!
I have no doubt our development was the primary reason of our draft failures.

I think Williams has helped, I also think playing him up forward has helped as well. He's a natural forward, knows how to lead and he's tall enough to out mark nearly any defender in the league. He's also an okay second ruck. IMO he should never play back again, it's Astbury's to take and he should take it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget they spent thousands of $ on a trip to Colorado and got snowed in, and the breaks they (everyone) had during the off season

Lol @ the clubs that are heavily in debt like the Bummers going on those trips. The s**t doesn't even work

RFC are smarter with the heat chamber, and we're debt free and don't waste money on that s**t.

Was traveling when the game was on, but the pics and posts made it sound like a top day. Congrats to both sets of fans for rocking up, and to RFC for the hard work (me bank centre, pro works, etc) to even make this possible

I'd love this to be a permanent thing, one praccy game, on our home deck, against one of the old rivals, and pump it up to get their fans there. Nice to go old school, even if it's only once a year

Funny how different the game is when you watch vs when you read the match report. Saw The Age had Watson as Essendon's best, all I've seen are atrocious turnovers!
What do you mean? Nailed his teammate Houli 3 times on the tit. Oh wait...

Unfortunately mine dropped out so I went to EFC and it was fine. Not sure why?
We had 3 feeds running yesterday: AFL, Essendon and Richmond all from the same source, but split so each club could put their advertising in the breaks.

For whatever reason, only ours broke down. Was rather frustrating.

Hampson...adds a competitive edge to our Ruck and tall man brigade...liked his marking in defence...
Madonna...just competes...good disposal...great composure for such a young player...
Thomas...good physicality around the ball...
Pettard...slow decision making...
Grieg...accumulates possessions...one trick pony...lazy...
Astbury...seems to stand out as a defender when the ball is bombed into the forward line...think he'll struggle pace wise with smarter forwards...
Game structures...solid...everybody knows the plan now...
Tackling...very good/solid...hurt the opposition...
Depth...excellent...
Chocco...lucky to have his expertise...footy smarts and influence cannot be under estimated..eg...Big Griff..
Umpiring at the game...excellent...well done Cambo...

watching the first quarter finally (managed to download the game overnight :) ) Is Andrew Walsh slightly *ed? And also massively condescending to us. A few of his gems so far

"Strength to his bow"
"Bachar is finally starting to come good after coming across from essendon" (paraphrasing) Played more games for us then Essendon now and has been good for awhile"
"Matt Thomas provides that real strength and toughness the tigers havent had around the stoppages since tuck left" Tuck left last season
When Daniher pushed out Astbury because the ball dropped short "Daniher wasn't expecting the wind to take the ball over the back of the pack so really had no choice for the push out"

While welsh seems a bit simple, as the game wore on I sensed a bit of respect from him, ie. Asking Jacko about the mature age recruits as if he thought Essendon should copy us rather than bring in too many kids who take too long.

Maybe it's my own bias but he sounded like he thought Richmond was better than Essendon and Jacko's wit and high intellect made him feel second best.

Had to laugh at the ****** bagging Grigg all game. He was a Richmond fan. How embarrassing when he yelled out "miss it again" and then Grigg nailed that snapped goal. Hahaha

To be fair to that guy, Grigg had put one on the full, two into the man on the mark and missed two easy spot up kicks before that goal.

agree with everything that has been said so far, Madonna looks excellent, composed, skillful, good decision maker, clean and tough, traits that will hold him in good stead for a great career. Cant wait for a few years time where he is thrown into the midfield and up forward.

Griff was very good once again, pencil him in for round 1, he compliments our fwd and ruck set up beautifully and presents well at the ball. his ruckwork is more than serviceable whilst his agility, 2nd efforts and skills are better than that of most 2nd ruckman.

Riewoldt made an encouraging return, one thing i noticed was his body shape, he looks trimmer and fitter than ever, which i believe makes him more dangerous and versatile than ever. i thought his agility was at a new level, i can see him being that Chris Mayne type of player that is so valuable to a team and its structure.

I though Vlaustin had his poor moments but you can tell he will be a sensational player, his courage, ability to read the play and make good decisions is superb.

Hampson was excellent when he was on, that 2nd qtr was just a taste of what he is capable off, when his confidence is up he is a very good player.

Cotchin looked great when he was on whilst Lids ran amok the whole day along with Houli who seems to get better every year

Gordon and Elton showed something, i want to see there named continually in the bests at VFL level this year'

I am really excited and pumped for next week and the season ahead, our list is excellent, our depth even better, i think we are set for a huge season

Go tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

Back