Training 2018 Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok guys, a bit more info...

Fisher, killing it! Looks sharp and ready to take the next step, dare I say ‘training the house down’, not surprised at all by his showing in the X games...

Charlie, wow just wow... seriously does some things that makes you shake your head, not seen this much talent in one kid for many years, dominating one on ones in the air and on the ground...

Kennedy, super strong and knows when to give it, definite starter, could be a new favorite!

Fisher, killing it! Looks sharp and ready to take the next step, dare I say ‘training the house down’, not surprised at all by his showing in the X games...

Charlie, wow just wow... seriously does some things that makes you shake your head, not seen this much talent in one kid for many years, dominating one on ones in the air and on the ground...

Kennedy, super strong and knows when to give it, definite starter, could be a new favorite!

Oh yes.

Thanks goreds

Fisher & Charlie don't surprise but glad to hear about Kennedy.
He's sort of a, bit of a missing link for us. If he and Cripps really get going, things can turn around for us sooner than later.

Thanks goreds

Fisher & Charlie don't surprise but glad to hear about Kennedy.
He's sort of a, bit of a missing link for us. If he and Cripps really get going, things can turn around for us sooner than later.

Try and remember when was the last time we had two genuine AFL standard bulls in the midfield?

Robinson and Bell are probably the two that spring to mind, but neither in the class of Cripps and Kennedy. Not by a long way.

So long as he's not spending 10 minutes a quarter heaving on the bench, it'll be an improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try and remember when was the last time we had two genuine AFL standard bulls in the midfield?

Robinson and Bell are probably the two that spring to mind, but neither in the class of Cripps and Kennedy. Not by a long way.

Exactly. Should Kennedy stand up and be the support we'd want him to be for Cripps, it opens up all sorts of possibilities.
It's probably unfair to expect Dow or even Petrevski-Seton to do too much heavy-lifting this year, but Kennedy is capable.

There's plenty of class around the ground but to have two genuine inside bulls, would be a fillip for the whole team.

What about this news on a minor training injury to Cripps. Any fact to it??

Exactly. Should Kennedy stand up and be the support we'd want him to be for Cripps, it opens up all sorts of possibilities.
It's probably unfair to expect Dow or even Petrevski-Seton to do too much heavy-lifting this year, but Kennedy is capable.

There's plenty of class around the ground but to have two genuine inside bulls, would be a fillip for the whole team.
I can see Cripps and Kennedy improving our midfield a lot from 2017. The gibbs role gets covered by more midfield time by sps and fisher is a huge upgrade on graham/Boekhurst/kerridge. So if you put it all together

2017 - gibbs + kennedy and extra development in fisher sps we are looking at a way better midfield. We now just need arichmond like injury list.

Teams with worse mids
Fremantle
GC
Saints
Bris
North
West coast

Changes everything!

Murphy is the player to watch if Kennedy stands up. Kennedy will basically be replacing Gibbs in the midfield, who like Murphy was not naturally suited to doing the hard stuff.

Having two contested bulls really helps Murphy get off the leash (which Gibbs wasn't doing) and makes us a far more dangerous proposition offensively.

Changes everything!
Murphy is the player to watch if Kennedy stands up. Kennedy will basically be replacing Gibbs in the midfield, who like Murphy was not naturally suited to doing the hard stuff.
Having two contested bulls really helps Murphy get off the leash (which Gibbs wasn't doing) and makes us a far more dangerous proposition offensively.

It feels that way, doesn't it?

Spread the bulk of the load between, roughly; Cripps 35% Kennedy 25% with Dow, SPS, ECurnow, a little bit of Fisher, Charlie ++, picking up the looses ends and the formula may start working.
If it's going to be Cripps 50+%, it's going to be tough.

I was looking forward to last year, but nowhere near as mush as for this year. Could well go belly-up, but I don't think it will.

Changes everything!

I just think having two bulls makes our midfield more balanced and brings a host of other players/ our runners into the game
Happy days :)

I can see Cripps and Kennedy improving our midfield a lot from 2017. The gibbs role gets covered by more midfield time by sps and fisher is a huge upgrade on graham/Boekhurst/kerridge. So if you put it all together

2017 - gibbs + kennedy and extra development in fisher sps we are looking at a way better midfield. We now just need arichmond like injury list.

Teams with worse mids
Fremantle
GC
Saints
Bris
North
West coast
Harsh on freo. Fyfe is unbelievably good, people forget too quickly. Neale is a gun and the younger hill took it up a notch last year. They’ve got exciting youngsters in the mix too. Their midfield is unimpressive too often I think due to ross Lyons game plan.

Really excited to watch Murphy this year, a team that is stronger inside will only benefit him, he’s done enough inside for us (still managed 4.5 clearances a game last year) a massive testament to his skill and determination as a predominantly outside player who’s always put the team first. In fact it’s the first time in a while he’s gone into a season with good continuity, managed 22 games last year, so he could be primed for an impressive year if the inside mids stay healthy. Too much to ask for 2010-11 Murphy??

It’s really hard not to get aroused reading the list management thread.

How far we have come in three short years.

What I really like is that here we all are as patient as we have ever been, we know we are going to be waiting at least another year or two before finals but do any of us care ..... no.

We see what we are seeing and it makes us proud as punch.

We are not looking through blue coloured glasses either.

Success is not guaranteed obviously but it’s the system that matters. It’s the fact we are building for sustained success that matter.

It’s the fact that soon we will finally be able to hold our heads up high while we wait for all the other CFC fair weather supporters crawl out from the rock that they have hiding under the last 15 years.

But the most important thing is finally, finally this great football club gets it.

Sing alleluia, sing it, sing alleluia.... sing it yeah

Am I happy .... you betcha

I just think having two bulls makes our midfield more balanced and brings a host of other players/ our runners into the game
Happy days :)

Allows at least one stoppage guru around the ground at all times ... so poor Cripps doesn't have to flog himself stupid to get to all ground stoppages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back