Pre-Season Training 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

If he was he couldn’t have been training too hard. His conditioning was poor at best going by photos at the start of last preseason.
This was from October 6th 2017
As a tidbit, Pendles said that Wells is already in training at the centre 4-5 days a week in preparation for this preseason.
Are the photos you are talking about pre or post injury flare up and subsequent modified training ?

Remember a guy called Rene Kink??

Or Mick Nolan??

Neither exactly poster boys for conditioning.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Injured is injured.

Although to be fair he doesn't play through injuries like some.
Apples to oranges. You can’t get away with that in the professional era.

As I said.

However body shape is NOT the be all and end all of athleticism.
Cool. I guess it’s fine that Wells has been in the worst shape of his career whilst at Collingwood then. Body shape isn’t the be all and end all of athleticism after all. I’m sure his poor conditioning hasn’t contributed to his constant soft tissue issues with us at all.

Cool. I guess it’s fine that Wells has been in the worst shape of his career whilst at Collingwood then. Body shape isn’t the be all and end all of athleticism after all. I’m sure his poor conditioning hasn’t contributed to his constant soft tissue issues with us at all.
Jeesus Apex give it a rest for a change - you have literally NO SENSE OF HUMOUR WHATSOEVER - nor proportion when you have a bee in your bonnet.

Jeesus Apex give it a rest for a change - you have literally NO SENSE OF HUMOUR WHATSOEVER - nor proportion when you have a bee in your bonnet.
I have a great sense of humour. You just aren’t very funny.

IF he been so terrible then showed how Stupid Gubby was to get him

IF he been so terrible then showed how Stupid Gubby was to get him
He was a risk worth taking, but honestly, he’s been a disaster thus far and it’s mostly his own fault.

He was a risk worth taking, but honestly, he’s been a disaster thus far and it’s mostly his own fault.

So guess we did missed on how Motived he was when Coming to Collingwood. Sounds like he saw us good for his Retirement Fund

He came back underdone in 2018 too, there’s photographic evidence of it. Seems like your personal connection to Wells is preventing you being objective about his time at Collingwood. His effort in conditioning himself in the offseasons has been poor.
I admit to some bias as I knows Wells and his family and have a lot of time for them. Still at the same time a lot of the criticism here of Wells relates to interpretation of photos. I think people have read far too much into that.

It was widely reported he started 2018 early and was doing well on the track. His body shape if you look at shots from 2018 and compare them to shots from his North days are not very different. He has never had that cut look and plenty of players who are fit also don’t photo well.

The Koutas etc of the world could let themselves go a fair bit and you would still see them photographing well. Different body types.

I know Wells has developed a real love of the club and think the criticisms of him here are based on too little evidence.

I am biased but everyone is to some degree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I admit to some bias as I knows Wells and his family and have a lot of time for them. Still at the same time a lot of the criticism here of Wells relates to interpretation of photos. I think people have read far too much into that.

It was widely reported he started 2018 early and was doing well on the track. His body shape if you look at shots from 2018 and compare them to shots from his North days are not very different. He has never had that cut look and plenty of players who are fit also don’t photo well.

The Koutas etc of the world could let themselves go a fair bit and you would still see them photographing well. Different body types.

I know Wells has developed a real love of the club and think the criticisms of him here are based on too little evidence.

Does he say why he thinks why is he is Always seems to be Injured?

Haven’t discussed that with him. Only see him occasionally.

Soft tissue injuries and age seem the obvious link. The foot injury, which is the thing that wiped him out at Collingwood more than anything had nothing to do with conditioning

If that didn’t happen who knows how the rest of the season would have panned out.

It may have, it may not of. 2017 preseason he did very little conditioning and suffered an injury. 2018 he started training well early and still suffered an injury. An injury by his own admission wasn't the usual one he suffered previously. So we have under training and over training of which in both methods his body broke down.

He lost me first week of preaseon when I saw him down in Willy on a Wednesday drinking with what looked like a family member.

He had just come back from Bali and being the first week of a big preseason (full group) down the local drinking at 1pm put a real sour taste in my mouth.

He lost me first week of preaseon when I saw him down in Willy on a Wednesday drinking with what looked like a family member.

He had just come back from Bali and being the first week of a big preseason (full group) down the local drinking at 1pm put a real sour taste in my mouth.
God forbid man is out for a drink with a family member on a day off.

Was he missing training?

Why do we expect players to be robots?

God forbid man is out for a drink with a family member on a day off.

Was he missing training?

Why do we expect players to be robots?

It was the first week of training, he had a break, I have mates who play high grade football who are more professional then that.

Last thing you should be doing is drinking with high skin folds and in your first week of training where your body will be sore and of need of quick recovery.

JDG is back on the piss. Let’s hope he has learnt moderation.

Good on him......he is on holidays he should be enjoying them anyway he wants.

It was the first week of training, he had a break, I have mates who play high grade football who are more professional then that.

Last thing you should be doing is drinking with high skin folds and in your first week of training where your body will be sore and of need of quick recovery.
You posted that on November 28th 2017. Wells had been back training at the club for over a month by then.

You posted that on November 28th 2017. Wells had been back training at the club for over a month by then.

Hey Jasper84 how do I find a post I made about Daniel when he first joined us.

I tried the search function with his name and my user name but nothing.
I won’t post it here........just bored while I am waiting for my Portugese chicken to cook on the charcoal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back