Pre-Season Training 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

It means it's not fractured, much to Jon Ralph's dismay
Haha. You could sense some delight from him, due to this news.

You could almost sense the glee, when he reported Treloars hammy injury last year was "much, much worse" than first thought.

You could almost sense the glee, when he reported Treloars hammy injury last year was "much, much worse" than first thought.
Its sickening. At least the other flogs like Stevo at least try to sound grim when reporting our injuries

I’d normally take it as a good sign, but after this post to me on FB from a physio mate I’m not so optimistic...

Yeah that’s where I was going with it. I mean to the people releasing the info from within the FD major damage might be a fracture and not a syndesmosis. For mine though the two are practically on the same level. Without matchday quality footage I think you have to trust the media release confirmation of a mid foot strain (for some reason I swear Wells received the same early diagnosis), but I’m not yet convinced.

Take Grundy as an example two weeks to de-load was reasonable for a bruised toe yet here we are 4 weeks later and he hasn’t stepped it up again. I’m confident he’ll get to the line for Rd 1, but now I’m equally wary of the dreaded turf toe which can be disastrous for a ruckman. Who knows if we’d have even heard about Howe’s setback if it weren’t for ancient tiger.

I am grateful for the speedy release of info I’m just wary of an an early prognosis such as moon boot for a week etc.

Its sickening. At least the other flogs like Stevo at least try to sound grim when reporting our injuries

On the flip side a big 👍 to slobbo! First time I’ve ever considered a tweet of his first class.

Well he is part of the Richmond Media Mafia

I’d normally take it as a good sign, but after this post to me on FB from a physio mate I’m not so optimistic...

Didn’t Howe do a syndesmosis in the prelim? How many weeks off is this injury normally?

Didn’t Howe do a syndesmosis in the prelim? How many weeks off is this injury normally?
I’m not sure, but he certainly didn’t go down like a sack of potatoes like JDG did today. It’s that initial serious pain that has my mate worried. If it was that painful but scans aren’t showing anything there’s still reason to worry. He’s not outofthe woods yet unfortunately.

I did an ankle once, bad sprain, and missed 3 games. I did physio and followed the rehab but I'm not a full time footballer with access to everyone and everything you need, so I hope De Goey is only 3 weeks or less.

Such a strange injury to go through, though. You really have to build up the strength again from scratch. I could barely stand on the one leg for a little while.

How many ankles have people on here done?

Get up and keep playing!
When I was 17 I went on bushwalking trip through the Cathedral ranges.

Parents dropped us off & we had a designated spot to pick us up 4 days later.

I rolled my ankle before lunchtime on the first day, ballooned like a bastard.

Had no choice but to leave 2hrs earlier each morning & arrive 2 hours later than my mates at each campsite.

Has always been a weak ankle ever since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had no choice but to leave 2hrs earlier each morning & arrive 2 hours later than my mates at each campsite.

Soft!

:moustache:

If JDG does have a mid foot sprain then it’s probably 3-4 weeks at most. Potentially we don’t have Howe & JDG for RD 1 lucky it’s only Pussie we’re playing

On another note has anyone seen Crossed eye Ralphies article about Pies midfield performance in the GF - can anyone explain to me WTF that is about seeing its Feb 16th???? What a *en moron. It’s almost like he has been told or wants to piss us off!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some people will do anything to avoid putting up tents and making breakfast ..

So we still have a few injuries to contend with 5 weeks out before season proper starts.......Oh well faithfull just hope we make top 4 and have our best players on the park when the whips are cracking during finals.If we do, no one will stop us this time around.

GO PIES!

....wouldn't have thought it would be that big a problem. After all, you still would have had 7 operable legs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back