Training Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's not going to happen, but I wouldn't mind a forward line of

Long Membrey Gresham

Billings Acres Weller

Or something to that effect. I think it would be super dynamic, and you'd never know who was going to be the target inside 50.

Long Membrey Gresham

Billings Acres Weller

Or something to that effect. I think it would be super dynamic, and you'd never know who was going to be the target inside 50.

I actually 100% agree with you that id love to see that at some point this year, the only issue i see with it is opposition teams with a Carlisle/Rance type defender could make Membrey or Acres SUPER accountable playing against that forward line by playing a really attacking game which would make our inside 50 delivery really really important.

But again id love to see that at some point this year.

Long Membrey Gresham

Billings Acres Weller

I kinda like to see Paddy instead of Weller. Acres in Wellers role, Battle off the bench. You've Battle and Membrey run up the ground. Billings, Acres with Aeriel threats. Long, Gresham with the pace, pressure and goal sneaks. You've the traditional key forward in Paddy waiting to murder someone. Hopefully guys like Bruce, Lonie fix the goal kicking issues as well.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't wait to see Blake in action, he's looking huge.

26757083_10155617652233183_550271030036777727_o.jpg
Skunk has always been listed at 188cms but from that photo I think he is more like 190 to 192.

I kinda like to see Paddy instead of Weller. Acres in Wellers role, Battle off the bench. You've Battle and Membrey run up the ground. Billings, Acres with Aeriel threats. Long, Gresham with the pace, pressure and goal sneaks. You've the traditional key forward in Paddy waiting to murder someone. Hopefully guys like Bruce, Lonie fix the goal kicking issues as well.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have so many forward line options! I think this actually makes Richo’s job harder!! We need to stop experimenting and start perfecting our forward lines functionality as a whole.

Last edited:
acres finally looks to have a mans body. looks massive
We now have so many high potential players the sky is the limit
guys like Battle , Phillips , Long , White , McKenzie , Goddard , Austin , McCartin ,Hunter , Coffield , Paton , Freeman , Marshall and Clavarino.
Any of these guys could join Steele , Acres , Dunstan , Billings , Sinclair , Membery , Ross , Gresham in our starting 22.
I feel Brown will be the guy fighting for his spot and maybe Gilbert and Savage.
I was not a big fan of Weller but after he has dropped so much weight it looks like he knows his position is under threat as well and will most probably have a killer season.Gilbert had a outstanding year last year and he is a fighter but what lets him down is his kicking is really not that great, he would be in our best 22 , however with so many players in top condition his position will be up for grabs as well.
Savage has a good long kick and is a asset but he will also will need to be on his game due to the potential of the kids coming through - any of McKenzie , White , Coffield , Rice , Newnes will be ready to fill that position.
Brown did well last year but I feel Austin and Goddard will end up in his position.

Geary - Goddard - Webster
Roberton - Carlisle - White
Sinclair - Steele - Acres
Weller - Bruce - Billings
Membery - McCartin - Gresham

Longer - Ross - Steven

Stevens - Newnes - Dunstan - Savage

Just feel only the Fullback position and halfback position are the only positions up for grabs

So I have it on good authority that Gears wasn’t at training last Friday because he and his partner had a baby girl!

Where'd you hear that? Surprised it hasn't been on the Saints media at all.
Congrats to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My three best mates go for the dogs, dons and dees. Just bought them all StKilda supporter memberships just so I can hang sh!t on them all year.
Any imaginative one liners much appreciated...
"You bought us memberships?"

"Yess. Be a part of OUR journey where REAL strength lives!"

It amazes me looking these pics. It feels like in a blink of an eye our boys have become men.
There's an article on The Age's website that calls Seb Ross an "experienced midfielder". It's weird to think that he's one of our more senior players now.

Are you sure that was Clarke, not Dmac? . Dmac was definitely at training, was running with Carlisle and co at the end.
26731263_10155617651178183_5102732921615173986_n.jpg

I can see how someone could mix the two up.

It’s the time of the year when a photo of Acres looking kinda bulky is the best form of excitement for the next season.

Can’t wait for the Intra club or JLT so there’s actually something to analyse.

In our game against Brisbane last season there was no-one in the middle for us for the first 3 quarters (before Joey went in there in the last) who had played 70 games of footy! (With Steven, Stevens and Armo all out injured).
Good point. I am confident you will see an improvement with a full summer of the boys developing their leadership capabilities that will help us wrestle control of games which we relied to heavily on from the old brigade to lead the way for a long time.

I will also say, that this is the most vocal I have ever heard certain star saints ever at pre season training. Which is kind of back to the Future as Thomas identified this early with his rotating captains policy at our last groups formative years.

I will also say, that this is the most vocal I have ever heard certain star saints ever at pre season training. Which is kind of back to the Future as Thomas identified this early with his rotating captains policy at our last groups formative years.

I’m pretty sure the absence of Roo and Joey has given the others the confidence to step up.
It’s like parenting, your kids can’t take a step forward unless you take a step back.
I think Gears will be even better this year because of it too.
Can’t wait to see a new bunch of leaders - it’s very exciting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back