U19 Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people might.
18-19 year olds. Grand final.
A lot of the talk from behind the goal is in your face and constant.
You never know.

To the good players, blokes behind the goals yelling out what ever trying to put players off is sheer back ground noise. #22 for the Old Xavs, Sammy Franklin wouldnt have cared what was being hurled at him. He is a passionate man and what would have soley frustrated with what the score board read as the game went on.

Thats pathetic to think that players were affected from what was being said to them from behind the goals.

Well done De La on a good win

what a game it was down at central reserve.

to all the blokes n clubs who thought dela are no longer the power house they still are!

very convincing win! and exactly what i said the difference would be the 3 most talented footballers in the comp GOTCH NICHOLSON AND C.HALEY - they won them the game with gotch having another stellar first half Nicholson all over the shop and a very classy last quarter and a well deserved BOG medal and haley having a good job done on him by skene but still a solid 4 goal peformance. Oh and before i forget brad wilsons effort on the weekend was outstanding very stiff to miss out on the BOG medal but both Nicholson n wilson desereved it.

Congratulations to dela on a stellar season has been a pleasure to watch you boys play each week.
on individual performances i would like to congratulate
- hugh nicholson on BOG in the granny
- H and C. haley, jason terrel, paul johnson and david convery on team of the year
- Luke barda and C.haley for coming top 3 in the league in the bnf
- c.haley for winning the most goals in the comp.

all in all i have loved this season following the boys proud of you and ready for next year.

Credit to both teams for putting on such a fantastic game. Xavs a great club and you can be sure they will be thereabouts again next year. Not suggesting these are the best teams of recent times but of the 4 GFs in row between these clubs this was easily the best game (the undefeated De La team of 2010 is the best U19 team I have ever seen by a fair margin and I stick by that)

Early call for 2013 that the same 4 sides will fight it out again. Reckon the Catholic domination has at least another year to run!

I found the below comment on the De La website. I saw that Nicholson’s hand was bandaged but had no idea why. Seems plenty of people are happy to pot the little bloke but perhaps they will have a re-think after reading this. It won’t mean much to the usual tools who $hit can and rubbish everything but the genuine supporters will appreciate that this was fair effort.

“On Thursday afternoon Hugh Nicholson almost severed his thumb at work. He had surgery on Friday and was told not to play. He required plastic surgery to close the wound but this required several weeks of no activity. He declined. With a heavily bandaged thumb full of stitches and a protective guard making ball handling difficult he took the field. Due to the nature of the injury he was unable to take anything but take a few Panadol and played the game in extreme pain. He kicked 4 goals, set up several others and was awarded the Best on Ground medal. Toughness and bravery on the football field is measured in different ways. This effort is right up there.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back