B Section Premier B 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
David King wow can't stand him , 7 posts move on.

Yes I have been a quiet observer for some time Mr Bedford, but whilst I do post little in these threads, I do admire your persistence of offering nothing other than pure garbage in all VAFA threads, but please, do continue to enlighten us with your brilliant thoughts and ideas.

Yes I have been a quiet observer for some time Mr Bedford, but whilst I do post little in these threads, I do admire your persistence of offering nothing other than pure garbage in all VAFA threads, but please, do continue to enlighten us with your brilliant thoughts and ideas.
No problem.

What do you make of the 4th spot? I think it's St Bede's to lose but interested in what you think.
I agree.
Parkdale sit 4th at the moment with 3 and 3. They still have to play Caulfield and Scotch before the first 9 are out of the way. Best case scenario they will be 4 and 5.
If St Bedes can beat Beauy this weekend they will most likely be sitting 5 and 4 at the half way mark and will be 4th. % is a worry for them, but I think they'll get it done on wins.

Certainly wouldn’t have the Bedes as a lock for 4th. Both 1’s and 2’s currently 2-4. Barnes misses for a while. Richards, they will miss O’Toole this week. Frankston are terrible in VFL, so Fahey may get another go there. I think 9 or 10 wins will get you in the 4, so this means a few teams are a good chance if they can get on a little run. Certainly this weeks game will be interesting for Bedes and Sharks.
Very interested to see how Scotch respond after the turbulent week. Are the players happy with what has transpired? We will soon see. After Saturday we may be calling it a 2 horse race..

Sharks v Bedes upset looming plus milestone events could get them home.
Skotch fig jams V Blacks too good, figs in trouble.
Monash V Hailabury - Monash were pathetic after half time last week, putrid.
Vultures V Caulfield- from all accounts this could get ugly, is Blow Job playing ?
Geelong
v Roys - Home ground only.

I believe Goddard has received a clearance, I have no idea if he is playing this week.

The difference between Goddard & Milne is that Goddard never played Ammos before these guest appearances. I believe if he left for another guest appearance he would not get back into the Ammos. My understanding is that he has committed to Only Caulfield for the rest of the year.

Certainly wouldn’t have the Bedes as a lock for 4th. Both 1’s and 2’s currently 2-4. Barnes misses for a while. Richards, they will miss O’Toole this week. Frankston are terrible in VFL, so Fahey may get another go there. I think 9 or 10 wins will get you in the 4, so this means a few teams are a good chance if they can get on a little run. Certainly this weeks game will be interesting for Bedes and Sharks.
Very interested to see how Scotch respond after the turbulent week. Are the players happy with what has transpired? We will soon see. After Saturday we may be calling it a 2 horse race..

Expect Beauy to keep dropping games, and although reserves usually doesn't reflect the seniors, Beaumaris can't even scrap a 2's team together without stealing half the 19's.

RE: Scotch, players were well over Bower anyway, and happy with the move as Barry Mitchell is a terrific developmental coach.

RE: Scotch, players were well over Bower anyway, and happy with the move as Barry Mitchell is a terrific developmental coach.

Interesting.

Players were so “over” Bower that they were undefeated on top of the ladder and had a percentage of 334.5%?

My mail is Mitchell has bullied his way into the gig. Wants to run the club like a VFL unit.

Note the OS website is astonishingly sterile in relation to it. “Nothing to see here!”

Narrator: there was a lot more to play out in the coming weeks.

Are you guys implying something like

... fast forward three weeks ...
<insert youtube clip "It was at this point, Scotch realised they...">
Yep - something like that.

Might make for interesting times both on and off the field for the remainder of 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting.

Players were so “over” Bower that they were undefeated on top of the ladder and had a percentage of 334.5%?

My mail is Mitchell has bullied his way into the gig. Wants to run the club like a VFL unit.

Note the OS website is astonishingly sterile in relation to it. “Nothing to see here!”

Narrator: there was a lot more to play out in the coming weeks.

Can’t help the fact they’ve got good cattle and are well above B standard. You just expected the players to roll over and demand a coaching change and refuse to win...?

For a club that has consistently been in A-Grade I’m sure they would’ve loved the drop back to B.

Can’t help the fact they’ve got good cattle and are well above B standard. You just expected the players to roll over and demand a coaching change and refuse to win...?

For a club that has consistently been in A-Grade I’m sure they would’ve loved the drop back to B.
You claim the players were over the old coach. The club reappointed that old coach for 2019 despite the club being relegated from A back to B.

If the players were actually over the coach, wouldn’t the change have been made in September 2018? Instead of May 2019 when they were undefeated and flying?

The internal machinations around this are an embarrassment to OSFC.

You claim the players were over the old coach. The club reappointed that old coach for 2019 despite the club being relegated from A back to B.

If the players were actually over the coach, wouldn’t the change have been made in September 2018? Instead of May 2019 when they were undefeated and flying?

The internal machinations around this are an embarrassment to OSFC.

Training was repetitive and players expected a change to happen. Club committee praised his youth first policy and he is a nice enough bloke, but the best coach available is now in the senior coaching role.

Can’t help a bust up b/w a senior coach and assistant though, that’s completely separate. Club needed to act. Take it how you want but that’s how it is sometimes.

Can’t help a bust up b/w a senior coach and assistant though, that’s completely separate. Club needed to act. Take it how you want but that’s how it is sometimes.

Not at clubs where the committee properly support the senior coach it doesn’t....

In relation to this case I’ve been privy to who said/did what, and when, and it doesn’t reflect well on the newly minted coach or club itself.

I am closely involved in this OS matter and all I can say it has been disgracefully handheld by OS, unfortunately the fish rots from the top and the president, Tim shearer, has actually condoned and promoted bullying behaviour by Barry Mitchell- to make matters worse this guy is on the board of hawthorn and should treat the matter of bullying with far more respect.
The amautership behaviour by Tim is best exemplified by the fact that he initially asked dale to pay out Barry’s contract and get rid of him and when he refused he forced dale to resign and promoted Barry. The comments that Barry wants to run the club like a VAFA club is spot on

I am closely involved in this OS matter and all I can say it has been disgracefully handheld by OS, unfortunately the fish rots from the top and the president, Tim shearer, has actually condoned and promoted bullying behaviour by Barry Mitchell- to make matters worse this guy is on the board of hawthorn and should treat the matter of bullying with far more respect.
The amautership behaviour by Tim is best exemplified by the fact that he initially asked dale to pay out Barry’s contract and get rid of him and when he refused he forced dale to resign and promoted Barry. The comments that Barry wants to run the club like a VAFA club is spot on
Can confirm this was my mail too.

President would only accept resignation of Mitchell if Bower agreed to pay him out of Bower’s coaching fee. Bower refused due to Mitchell’s antagonistic and bullying behaviour, so Shearer forced Bower to mediate or resign.

Astonishing

Beyond astonishing. I can also confirm this tale of events. Tim Shearer should resign tomorrow. An absolute disgrace!
We all remember Mitchell having to set his office up on the other side of Optus Oval as he finished his last year with Carlton VFL. Poison!

Well with all that going on at the Club, all credit to the Scotch players to put on a good show today - says something about their onfield leadership I would think.
Great effort by the Ashes at the Frearson today. Haileybury’s top 6 players are very very good. Monash the full Jekyll & Hyde this year.

Well with all that going on at the Club, all credit to the Scotch players to put on a good show today - says something about their onfield leadership I would think.
Great effort by the Ashes at the Frearson today. Haileybury’s top 6 players are very very good. Monash the full Jekyll & Hyde this year.

Wherever the truth may lie, there was no lack of on-field spirit at K2 today. Nor was there any obvious disharmony.

Bede’s looking like the best of the rest. Interested to see where OGs lie, have been in every game they’ve played this season minus Scotch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back