Banter Preseason general discussion - The Reigning Premiers Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Woosha's land of the giants.

And no it didnt work.

Our list is looking very tall.

Hope Simo remembers what changed last season and landed us a unexpected flag.

The inspired Ryan/Rioli picks transformed an old, tired and slow team into the Premier.

A backline of Cole, Duggan and Shep erases (almost) the nightmare of being at Subi and watching us being put to the sword by a committed and quick Bullies.

Brown was truly shafted by the selection committee that night.

The inspired Ryan/Rioli picks transformed an old, tired and slow team into the Premier.

A backline of Cole, Duggan and Shep erases (almost) the nightmare of being at Subi and watching us being put to the sword by a committed and quick Bullies.

Brown was truly shafted by the selection committee that night.
It should have been Brown to replace the injured Lycett or roll the dice and play the injured Lycett.

We hedged our bets and the Bulldogs put us to the sword.

It should have been Brown to replace the injured Lycett or roll the dice and play the injured Lycett.

We hedged our bets and the Bulldogs put us to the sword.
We lost the game because we went out with a "ho-hum" approach against a team that had just lost a game they didnt care about against Freo a week or two before.

We lost the game because we went out with a "ho-hum" approach against a team that had just lost a game they didnt care about against Freo a week or two before.

Yeah the same team that went on to win the flag beating Hawthorn, GWS and Sydney? They beat better teams than we were that year so it was just their time

So if i kicked to a one on one in the FP youd back Cripps to beat NN?
I don't think anyone would back Cripps in that situation. But in terms of if the ball hit the ground, covering a man running out of defence and general ability to run out a game and cover the whole ground, it is a different issue. It isn't that NN isn't the better player, of course he is, but it's about team balance. If NN came in to the team in your scenario (to play as a forward), he would need to replace a tall (either a ruck or one of the forwards), otherwise we would be too top heavy. It is unlikely to be an issue as one of the rucks will be replaced. I think it's highly unlikely they play Hickey, Vardy and NN with both JK and Darling fit as well. The only scenario I see Hickey, Vardy and NN in the same team is if JK was injured and one of them was the designated JK replacement and, even then, I think we have better options.

I don't think anyone would back Cripps in that situation. But in terms of if the ball hit the ground, covering a man running out of defence and general ability to run out a game and cover the whole ground, it is a different issue. It isn't that NN isn't the better player, of course he is, but it's about team balance. If NN came in to the team in your scenario (to play as a forward), he would need to replace a tall (either a ruck or one of the forwards), otherwise we would be too top heavy. It is unlikely to be an issue as one of the rucks will be replaced. I think it's highly unlikely they play Hickey, Vardy and NN with both JK and Darling fit as well. The only scenario I see Hickey, Vardy and NN in the same team is if JK was injured and one of them was the designated JK replacement and, even then, I think we have better options.
If NN came as a forward it would release Jk to play up the ground more.As much as JK is a great player; the weakest part of his game is high marking.He's a thumping kick,very mobile,can kick left,his field passing/vision i would rate as elite,i actually think he would have been an even better CHF than FF.When Sydney are struggling they throw Buddy into the midfield where he has great influence but they suffer by lacking targets further forward;we wouldnt have that problem.Some posters on here seem to get a bit blinkered at times and refuse to consider things outside the box.Last year WCE thought outside the box.After Richmond won the flag everyone raced out and recruited runners.We took the two big boys Brander and Allen not for BALANCE but because they were the two best players available THEN we looked at balance; re run.By the way im just chucking these ideas out there coz im bored so hold the sarcasm. [not you FG ]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A forward line of:

Nic Nat Darling Hickey
Brander JK O Allen

With Waterman, Keegan and M Allen all rotating into the forward line.

That is a dream forward line and i cannot wait to see it in action.

Projected Eagles team round 1

Schofield Barrass Rotham
Brander McGovern Edwards
Waterman M.Allan Yeo
Darling Vardy McInness
Brooksby Kennedy Williams
Hickey Redden O.Allen
Bines Riach Foley AhChee

Naitanui to replace AhChee or Foley when he is back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back