Protea squads for twenty/twenty and one-dayers : some new faces

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2003
paradise
Other Teams
the best
South Africa Pro20 squad Graeme Smith (capt), Loots Bosman, AB de Villiers, Herschelle Gibbs, Andrew Hall, Justin Kemp, Neil McKenzie, Makhaya Ntini, Justin Ontong, Robin Peterson, Roger Telemachus, Thandi Tshablala, Johan van der Wath.

One-day squad Graeme Smith (capt), Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, Boeta Dippenaar, Herschelle Gibbs, Andrew Hall, Justin Kemp, Charl Langeveldt, Andre Nel, Makhaya Ntini, Robin Peterson, Shaun Pollock, Ashwell Prince, Johan van der Wath.

Re: Protra squads for twenty/twenty and one-dayers : some new faces

Ontong? WTF.

mcphee_is_a_gun said:
why is Van Der Wath's name in bold by the way?
Was gonna ask the same thing...

Power21 said:
Protra Squads?

A typo you intolerant beast:D

Also interesting that the chairman of selectors has twice in the past wekk reiterated support for the captain. Could it be the case of "full support of the board". Now we all know what happens next!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mcphee_is_a_gun said:
why is Van Der Wath's name in bold by the way?

Accidental editing but I read where his strike rate in twenty/twenty this year is 250 and given is 37 off 16 balls against us Sydney, you never know he might be quite a hit.

F/D said:
Yeah, I think thats his best possie for the future anyways.

Has de villiers got any ability as a keeper or are they just trying to develop him to replace Boucher? Boucher has not been picked for 20/20 which is a shock along with Pollock's omission.

Romeo said:
Has de villiers got any ability as a keeper or are they just trying to develop him to replace Boucher? Boucher has not been picked for 20/20 which is a shock along with Pollock's omission.
I dont think we are taking the 20/20 seriously, just blooding a few players and see how they go. de Villiers certainly can keep, and as most would know is a gifted young batsman.

I think they are grooming him for Boucher but the form Boucher is in, I would want him in the side for another 1-2 years.

F/D said:
I dont think we are taking the 20/20 seriously, just blooding a few players and see how they go. de Villiers certainly can keep, and as most would know is a gifted young batsman.

I think they are grooming him for Boucher but the form Boucher is in, I would want him in the side for another 1-2 years.

Well if South Africa doesn't take 20/20 seriously it might get off on a bad footing again. As for de Villiers I was impressed a lot by his fielding in the test series so it might be a waste to make him keep. He has a lot of enthusiasm and I'm told is a great golfer who plays from scratch and tennis player as well so has talent.

Romeo said:
Well if South Africa doesn't take 20/20 seriously it might get off on a bad footing again. As for de Villiers I was impressed a lot by his fielding in the test series so it might be a waste to make him keep. He has a lot of enthusiasm and I'm told is a great golfer who plays from scratch and tennis player as well so has talent.
Very talented Rugby player too, could have gone all the way with that too.

Bentleigh: Yes he can, but I think this is basically our 3rd string side :eek:

F/D said:
Very talented Rugby player too, could have gone all the way with that too.

Bentleigh: Yes he can, but I think this is basically our 3rd string side :eek:

Well if it's your 3rd string side it's rather stupid because all we heard is how much better you'd do over there and when he arrive you play junk against us. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Romeo said:
Well if it's your 3rd string side it's rather stupid because all we heard is how much better you'd do over there and when he arrive you play junk against us. Doesn't make much sense to me.
I really dont give a fluck about the 20/20, its not game over however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back