Pune Pitch Rated 'Poor' by Match Referee

Remove this Banner Ad

While I agree the pitch was a poor one, I’d rather watch a Test on that pitch (at least once in a while) rather than the bland bores that have dominated Australian Test pitches over the past few years.

While I agree the pitch was a poor one, I’d rather watch a Test on that pitch (at least once in a while) rather than the bland bores that have dominated Australian Test pitches over the past few years.

Agreed

The WACA pitch against NZ in my view was worse than this.

I watch more actively when it's a lower scoring test as every ball has the feeling something could happen. On roads you can go shopping, gym, bike riding etc come back and still missed bugger all

Agreed

The WACA pitch against NZ in my view was worse than this.

I watch more actively when it's a lower scoring test as every ball has the feeling something could happen. On roads you can go shopping, gym, bike riding etc come back and still missed bugger all

This. Plus the fact that when someone does play a big knock on one of them you feel like you've seen something out of the ordinary. Why De Kock's hundred at Bellerive stands out so much.

I went to day two of that NZ WACA test. Was only there for 55 overs but I didn't miss a whole heap.

Kohli coming out and saying blah blah s**t bowler bad pitch wah wah oh yeah i played and missed oops

Haven't really read any press since the game but someone in this forum quoted his words at the presentation and all he did was praise the opposition and lament how bad he and his side were. Happy to be shown otherwise from subsequent interviews though.

Mentally fragile based on one test?

They might be dog s**t away from home but until falling in a total heap like they did in the first test becomes a pattern it's harsh to call them fragile based on their first home loss in 3 years or something.
Or something? Your the stats man you can do better than that...

This. Plus the fact that when someone does play a big knock on one of them you feel like you've seen something out of the ordinary. Why De Kock's hundred at Bellerive stands out so much.
I was there. One of the best 100's I've seen. Had the pleasure of briefly meeting him as well after the game. Very humble bloke, looks about 15 yo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was actually really surprised and happy with the attitude our lot had for the test, it was just a matter of well this is the pitch and both teams play on it so lets just get on with it, they need to keep that same mindset when kohli and co are churning out the runs on the flatter lower and slower decks that will likely follow as that can be almost if not more of a challenge than the pune pitch.

I was impressed with the level of concentration that was on display. I expect it from Smith but Renshaw was mighty impressive.

I feel a bit sorry for Usman but I hope they don't change the team.

Quite clearly. Green tops dry out and become lifeless after 1-2 days. Raging turners keep getting worse as the days wear on.

Also as for comparing Trent Bridge.. that wasn't really a green top, that was just s**t batting.

It was the fault of the pitch!

The fantasy pitch that existed inside the batsmen's heads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back