Preview Qualifying Final 1, 2021 - Melbourne Demons vs Brisbane Lions @Adelaide Oval, Saturday 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't believe Birchall got another game.

I just want to see him execute sharp razor kicks this game rather than that dinky sideways stuff everyone mentions.

I don't care if there's no one to kick to because further up field there's no player movement. I want long piercing corridor kicks.

I don't care if the ball gets cut off and turned over because the opposition is zoning too well, I want him to pull the trigger anyway rather than finding another option.

Not sure I've seen a greater whipping boy at the club. When Cam was getting games in his second year there was a bit, but nothing like this.

I just want to see him execute sharp razor kicks this game rather than that dinky sideways stuff everyone mentions.

I don't care if there's no one to kick to because further up field there's no player movement. I want long piercing corridor kicks.

I don't care if the ball gets cut off and turned over because the opposition is zoning too well, I want him to pull the trigger anyway rather than finding another option.

Not sure I've seen a greater whipping boy at the club. When Cam was getting games in his second year there was a bit, but nothing like this.

Birchall when available will always play under Fagan.

We can have our opinions and the coach has his own too :). Lets see what happens on saturday.

Gardiner was whipped close to death early days....unbelievable...

It’s not his kicks forward, back or sideways I personally have an issue with. It is that he is so horribly slow that he gets found out enormously when trying to defend.

Birchall when available will always play under Fagan.

We can have our opinions and the coach has his own too :). Lets see what happens on saturday.

Hopefully a nice high pressure defensive four quarter effort like that against Geelong earlier in the year. One where we can utilize Birch's strength's without exposing his lack of pace because the ball is coming in our back half every twenty seconds. ;)

A comfortable six goal win setup in the first qtr would be great for my nerves.

I hate to say it but losing this final wouldn't be a disaster. If we win good chance we would have to host a prelim in WA, plus adding in the finals bye and the week off we'd only have played 2 games in a month.

Want to win, but the afl is really compromising the finals with this bye. I don't think it was a concidence that both teams that won week 1 lost in the prelims last year

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to say it but losing this final wouldn't be a disaster. If we win good chance we would have to host a prelim in WA, plus adding in the finals bye and the week off we'd only have played 2 games in a month.

Want to win, but the afl is really compromising the finals with this bye. I don't think it was a concidence that both teams that won week 1 lost in the prelims last year
I thought it was announced during the week that we will be playing home semis/premlims depending on results?
strong rumours doing the rounds here that the bye after the prelim WONT happen and the granny will be on the 18th.

Ah Chee could potentially be a really big out, could Lester be a bit of a soft drop? If we lose it's a good reason to bring him back in, if we win he may find it hard to crack the side in a prelim.

I thought it was announced during the week that we will be playing home semis/premlims depending on results?
strong rumours doing the rounds here that the bye after the prelim WONT happen and the granny will be on the 18th.

This is what I just read, I know it's an opinion piece. But this is the paragraph that got me worried

"If Port Adelaide and Brisbane win this weekend’s qualifying finals, they would both likely remain in their home states and travel to Perth for preliminary finals before the grand final a fortnight later on September 25, with the AFL using its bye the preceding week so players met WA quarantine laws."

2 more sleeps :brisbane: :D >

Interesting that during that presser Fages said he'd rather the boys didn't have to get vaccinated as it can really knock you around for a few days, I wonder if the rumour that the WA Premier may require players/staff to be vaccinated to come to WA is fair dinkum....Mmmm! :think:

Why the f... do the Lions always have their press conferences outdoors so you can't hear the question?

This is what I just read, I know it's an opinion piece. But this is the paragraph that got me worried

"If Port Adelaide and Brisbane win this weekend’s qualifying finals, they would both likely remain in their home states and travel to Perth for preliminary finals before the grand final a fortnight later on September 25, with the AFL using its bye the preceding week so players met WA quarantine laws."
It an opinion.

So they’re playing the prelim in Perth and then have wait 2 weeks for the GF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back