News & Events Quality of news.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

News.com.au is just your place for a couple of the big stories of the day and then new idea/womans day articles. Its handy to see what the big issues are and then if you want to get info go elsewhere. It is what it is and would get a pretty big portion of aussies looking at it as todays population love to read MAFS and celebrity jargon.

The one thing they do do is create an article about some topic based on the tweets of random people and use that as the basis for their article. And its not even experts, its just Karens and Jo Blog from down the road.

The funny thing about news website and how people complain about the bias they show.....they all have a bias depending on who owns them. There is no great news website out there, hell there is no great journalism out there anymore.

News.com.au is just your place for a couple of the big stories of the day and then new idea/womans day articles. Its handy to see what the big issues are and then if you want to get info go elsewhere. It is what it is and would get a pretty big portion of aussies looking at it as todays population love to read MAFS and celebrity jargon.

The one thing they do do is create an article about some topic based on the tweets of random people and use that as the basis for their article. And its not even experts, its just Karens and Jo Blog from down the road.

The funny thing about news website and how people complain about the bias they show.....they all have a bias depending on who owns them. There is no great news website out there, hell there is no great journalism out there anymore.
ABC. No need for Murdoch.

I don't know how this is a story. Haha. Not a very surprising mistake.

I'm only reading this s**t for cringe factor but I was like how is that even a ******* story.

They were quick to use the "internet was in a spin" for the Google outage. I swear some of these story headlines should be simplified.

NEWS and the Australian run pretty much the same theme. Over exaggerated headlines with specific buzz words. Without a doubt they are the absolute worst of the worst in the media. I just can't get over how ******* stupid some of those headlines are.

Go to something like ABC news and you've got a reasonable headline, good description before you click.

CNN - Straight to the point WYSIWYG

Last edited:
It's their 'most read' article too so jokes on us.

1608053018488.png

I always like the ones like 'US shocked by Australian Covid rule'. No they're not. You found a snippet that mentioned Australia but nobody cares.

You often see ones like 'Aussie star making headlines in NFL'. They aren't. I watch North American news and all my friends are into NFL and nobody has heard of this guy. Haha.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's their 'most read' article too so jokes on us.

View attachment 1028912

I always like the ones like 'US shocked by Australian Covid rule'. No they're not. You found a snippet that mentioned Australia but nobody cares.

You often see ones like 'Aussie star making headlines in NFL'. They aren't. I watch North American news and all my friends are into NFL and nobody has heard of this guy. Haha.

Here is the cricketers "clashing"

I'm sick of everything being referred to as a "hack"

saved 5c = money saving hack
new cleaning product = cleaning hack
Ignoring articles with "hack" in the title is the one time-saving hack you need to start now!

I'm sick of everything being referred to as a "hack"

saved 5c = money saving hack
new cleaning product = cleaning hack
It's like the article they bring out that says "how to get more time off work", More holidays etc. The article simply states when to take your time off work around holidays which every ******* worker already knows.

I think I've used the work "hack" to describe something at least twice in the last week on this very website alone!

Clearly I need to buck up my ideas. :notworthy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back