General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

did anyone hear anything on 3aw last night that parish & crowley have injured their hamstrings?? someone told me they heard it however doesnt seem to be reported anywhere...

did anyone hear anything on 3aw last night that parish & crowley have injured their hamstrings?? someone told me they heard it however doesnt seem to be reported anywhere...
Laverde, Parish and Crowley aren't playing this week. They 'pulled up sore' after the match against your lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say so, just to avoid the outrage of having suspended players.

Hurley, Heppell and Hooker are all in the top 50. Or should be.

Well they finished their top 50... No Dons in there.

The AFL Players have announced their Top 50 Players:

50. Dylan Shiel
49. Marcus Bontempelli
48. Bernie Vince
47. Jack Riewoldt
46. Josh Gibson
45. Jack Steven
44. Tom Hawkins
43. Brent Harvey
42. Nathan Jones
41. Harry Taylor
40. Brett Deledio
39. Tom Rockliff
38. Taylor Walker
37. Jake Stringer
36. Andrew Gaff
35. Nic Naitanui
34. Shaun Burgoyne
33. Jeremy Cameron
32. Eddie Betts
31. Robert Murphy
30. Rory Sloane
29. David Mundy
28. Dayne Beams
27. Jordan Lewis
26. Callan Ward
25. Nick Riewoldt
24. Aaron Sandilands
23. Dane Swan
22. Trent Cotchin
21. Chad Wingard
20. Dustin Martin
19. Alex Rance
18. Luke Parker
17. Cyril Rioli
16. Travis Boak
15. Josh Kennedy (WC)
14. Dan Hannebery
13. Josh Kennedy (Syd)
12. Todd Goldstein
11. Jarryd Roughead
10. Robbie Gray
9. Matt Priddis
8. Joel Selwood
7. Lance Franklin
6. Sam Mitchell
5. Luke Hodge
4. Scott Pendlebury
3. Patrick Dangerfield
2. Gary Ablett
1. Nat Fyfe

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-03-21/inside-the-game
Simon Conway said:
Inside the game
He was the man behind Essendon’s all-conquering 2000 premiership midfield and this season Robert Shaw is taking fans inside the coaches box.

Shaw will be essendonfc.com.au’s Chief Football Analyst.

A Life Member of the Essendon Football Club, Shaw played 51 games for the Bombers before turning his hand to coaching.

He served as an Assistant Coach under Kevin Sheedy for more than 200 games, including that memorable season in 2000 when the Bombers lost only one match en route to a 60 point win in the Grand Final.

Shaw held senior coaching positions at both Fitzroy and Adelaide and was the General Manager of Football Operations at Fremantle.

With more than 35 years experience at the highest level, Shaw has established himself as one of the game’s leading analytical minds.

In 2016, Shaw will provide a comprehensive wrap of each Essendon match for BomberTV. He’ll analyse the game plan and assess the progress of the Club’s next batch of young stars. He’ll also preview the upcoming games and look at the tactical moves the current coaching panel may use.

Each Wednesday, Shaw will also produce a weekly column discussing the issues, the progress, the players and the personalities.

Robert Shaw’s first BomberTV video, including his observations from the NAB Challenge will be on the website later today.
I swear they read big footy. Yay! Analytical follow up! If we have to have bad live commentary, at least we get a decent breakdown afterwards?

Anyone got any opinions on Robert Shaw?

I wonder if we'll get post-match videos from the coaches... I liked those last year but I'm not sure if that's Woosha's style.

Why is the Heppell player thread locked?
I was going to post about seeing him speak on 360 about the saga and that he is all class.
All the banned player threads have been locked as they were getting clogged up with WADA/Hird talk rather than player talk.

Hi Bigfooty Bombers,

My name’s Yianni. I’m a Roos supporter, I’ve been here on Bigfooty since 2001 and I’m also a professional stand up comedian. With Comedy Festival coming up, I asked the mods if I could let you guys know about the two shows I’m doing this coming month and offer a discount to anyone from your board who wants to come along.

COMEDIANS AGAINST HUMANITY
An interactive, improvised hour of chaos and fun.

Every audience member gets three white Cards Against Humanity cards. Each night, I host three guest comedians. We use the audience cards to generate topics then challenge our guest comedians to create material on the spot.

If you want an idea of what it's like, here's a clip from one of the shows we did in Fremantle.

THE SIMPSONS TAUGHT ME EVERYTHING I KNOW
A hilarious and cromulent look at a lifetime spent quoting, referencing and learning from The Simpsons. Can an obsessive knowledge of the world's longest running cartoon embiggen one's understanding or is that unpossible?

Contains impersonations, stories, jokes and videos about one of the best TV shows of all time.

Here's a one minute clip from when I did the show in Perth

If anyone’s interested, there are other clips on my Youtube page

I’m happy to offer discounts if any of you wanted to come along.

The usual Wed, Thu and Sun price for Comedians Against Humanity is $23 but if you enter the codeword ‘OHTHEHUMANITY’ you can get tickets for $20.

The codewords only work when booking through Trybooking (i.e not through Ticketmaster. Don't book through them anyway, both punter and producer pay higher fees)

I can’t offer a discount on Simpsons, but tickets to that are only $22. Alternatively, all Tuesday or group (5 or more people) tickets are either $20 (Comedians Against Humanity) or $18 (Simpsons) so if a few of you want to come you could save a bit. It’s always fun to meet some people from BF in real life too!

Thanks for your time and thanks to the mods for indulging me. Best of luck to the Bombers this year (except against North!) and if I don’t see you, have a great 2016 AFL season and Comedy Festival.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back