Autopsy R18, 2018 v Gold Coast: One of the biggest upsets in history.

Remove this Banner Ad

He was picked to do a job...he didn’t!

Don’t have enough spare players to drop all of the players picked to do a job but didn’t.

Just think he is the wrong target here. Probably shouldn’t have been selected but his teammates far more culpable in the loss than he is.

Just not writing off his AFL career after one game...

Well just think of it Kennedy was lucky to play as well he could of easily been ruled out probably reeks of desperation we couldn't rest him against a side like GC.

The Grundy issue well who knows whats going on there, no excuse for that s**t loss yesterday but im trying to see why and how it might of happened and the reasons behind it.

Club drops Grundy, plays Hanners/ jack injured

Hanners looks s**t and under pressure keeps putting team mates under the pump

Probably everyone knows Reg won’t get a contract and some are annoyed it will be to throw cash at Aliir who they didn’t pick for ages

Lloyd has probably said he is off for more $, team mates know

Probably sick of Reid always being hurt
Sick of the same game style and voice

If those sorts of small issues infest a club and the group it can fracture quick

Or who the * knows, maybe we have an arrogant list, thought it was a walk in the park yesterday

Probably everyone knows Reg won’t get a contract and some are annoyed it will be to throw cash at Aliir who they didn’t pick for ages

If those sorts of small issues infest a club and the group it can fracture quick

Or who the **** knows, maybe we have an arrogant list, thought it was a walk in the park yesterday

Longmire saying in public he expects McVeigh to retire while McVeigh saying the opposite.

Who knows could be a few issues we dont know about.

Yep, drop him, but wouldn’t write him off, which I don’t think you are? Presume you just mean for the short term
He’s a next year player, always was. The club was always going to go Naismith/Tippett with Sinclair permanent forward/injury cover ruck. Cameron, long term when Tippett goes and that’s obviously fast tracked. Even after those injuries, Cameron was injury cover this year and was never going to play while Sinclair was on the ground (they didn’t want to risk injury to their back up option). The club dropped the ball last week at the selection table and it backfired on them magnificently (Longmire, admitted that)! Grundy must also be sending out the ‘I told you so’ message via the smug grin on his face, you would think?

Sent this text to a few friends straight after the game yesterday:

It was absolute rubbish. We've got no hope of the flag this year. Nic Newman isn't up to scratch and shouldn't be playing in the seniors. And the match committee needs to take a lot of responsibility for not being able to find a slot for Grundy. We could've done with an actual defender today. Complacency after a good first quarter is a sign of a team that isn't hungry enough.
I waited until today to post in this thread to sleep on it, but I really can't be bothered to say anything else. I could go into more detail about specific players and specific frustrations, but it all boils back down to my immediate post-game thoughts. Just a disgrace.

\

Florent like in his first 15 games! Yet everyone lining up to kiss his arse.
Don’t know why but you’ve got it in for Florent!

His debut AFL game he had 8 disposals and never had less than 7 last year.

His worst game is 6 in round one this year.
Has had 20 disposals 8 times this year (7 of his last 10 games).

Proves the clubs investment in him was the right decision I would have thought...

He’s a next year player, always was. The club was always going to go Naismith/Tippett with Sinclair permanent forward/injury cover ruck. Cameron, long term when Tippett goes and that’s obviously fast tracked. Even after those injuries, Cameron was injury cover this year and was never going to play while Sinclair was on the ground (they didn’t want to risk injury to their back up option). The club dropped the ball last week at the selection table and it backfired on them magnificently (Longmire, admitted that)! Grundy must also be sending out the ‘I told you so’ message via the smug grin on his face, you would think?

Yep agree with all of that

\

Florent like in his first 15 games! Yet everyone lining up to kiss his arse.

Not arguing it wasn't a disappointing debut, but it would've helped him if we had ANYONE capable of kicking to a team-mate's advantage.
Do your homework.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was probably our worst defeat in living memory.

At least in say the 2014 GF we at least lost to a great team. And you occassionally get games where you're not at the races. Worst thing here was that we kicked six goals in the first quarter and looked set for a 60-70 point victory....but then kicked two more for the rest of the game. So it wasn't even a game where we didn't turn up first quarter and gave us too much to do....this was a plain falling asleep after quarter time.

* this club. Humpy, you deserve better. So does Grundy. Rest can go do one for all I care. If this was yesterday I'd have done a Cluthblu (Bay 13 reference for those unaware).

A dominant first quarter, after that, what the hell happened!

Our forward attack mostly consisted of kicking it long to the GCS fullback Stephen May.

The flag is a fading dream in 2018. Play the kids.

What happened during the bye?!

North game aside, and they arent very good, this is the worst period of football I can remember us playing since maybe even pre Rodney Eade.

Or who the **** knows, maybe we have an arrogant list, thought it was a walk in the park yesterday

Or maybe an overrated list ? **** knows there is a high level of inconsistency and failure to turn up by players in this team who are highly rated. Then again it is highly subjective as to who is doing the rating.

Trouble is Mick going by Longmire being about as flexible as the framework of the Harbour Bridge I doubt he could be told anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back