Game Day R3 Port v Fitzroy, at the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

The push non free to Jonas slash mark to hipwood and htb non call to bizarre deliberate to Ebert would be 2 of the worst calls in the past decade and we copped them in one match

We probably can lay claim to 8 of the worst 10 ever umpiring calls and that is amazing.
Alberton today was cheating at an official level on an industrial scale.
South are good and were better than us on the day but the umpiring was just like tonight.

Why? Coz it's true? The last ten minutes of the game Vs Carlton they were a man down.. a key forward. They couldn't score. Had he played they could of pinched that. We were lucky. Carlton are terrible and we scraped over them throw in the best win evaa vs "Melbourne" we don't look that flash anymore. Next week is a huge test.
We were two men down v Carlton you cabbage. They also should’ve beaten the swans today.

I can’t believe I said this in 2016 and it could be until the end of the 2021 season where I get my wish. Pretty much a whole generation completely wasted.

On the brightside, Rozee looks like a future superstar, but it sticks in the craw that after 6+ seasons and having blown the list up while retaining a host of 30yo+ stars, we just endured Groundhog Day for the umpteenth time.

There’s one constant but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

And we were two players down in that last 10 minutes. So Carlton were actually a player up you dumb flog.
Who? Jack watts? Sorry I forgot Amon lol

Massive losses.

Forget the fact that Curnow is Carlton's top 1-3 players and main goal scorer.

* you people over rate this side.

We are a bottom 6 side middle of the road at best.

A game we threw away. Can't blame the selection as we dominated that game and missed simple shots on goal which was a deciding factor over team selection, or coaching or the other excuses that normally get thrown around. That that left the door open for them and to their credit they burst through it as we got tired being a man down.

Some of the decision making by our senior players late, defies logic, on top of their goal kicking earlier. DBJ's poor kick that was a turnover which lead to the Neale goal stands out, the Westhoff handball over the top to Robbie Gray who was running to the bench injured was another one, we were 10 points up at that time as well, we should've slowedthe game down then. That's unforgivable.

Boak and Rozee our best by a long way, Rozee looks a potential superstar. Thought Jonas and Burton played well, SPP as well. Ollie will be better for the run.

Out of curiosity why did that last quarter go for 37 minutes? There wasn't a avalanche of goals so that has me stumped.

Why? Coz it's true? The last ten minutes of the game Vs Carlton they were a man down.. a key forward. They couldn't score. Had he played they could of pinched that. We were lucky. Carlton are terrible and we scraped over them throw in the best win evaa vs "Melbourne" we don't look that flash anymore. Next week is a huge test.
Lol we were 2 players down come on

On the brightside, Rozee looks like a future superstar, but it sticks in the craw that after 6+ seasons and having blown the list up while retaining a host of 30yo+ stars, we just endured Groundhog Day for the umpteenth time.

I'm sure Kochie and KT can work out what the constant is..........

A game we threw away. Can't blame the selection as we dominated that game and missed simple shots on goal which was a deciding factor over team selection, or coaching or the other excuses that normally get thrown around. That that left the door open for them and to their credit they burst through it as we got tired being a man down.

THIS.

Who? Jack watts? Sorry I forgot Amon lol

Massive losses.

Forget the fact that Curnow is Carlton's top 1-3 players and main goal scorer.

**** you people over rate this side.

We are a bottom 6 side middle of the road at best.
Down a midfield rotation for just about the entire game, and Watts was the guy who would've been covering Curnow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was out for the first 3 quarters: worth watching the replay?

Watch the replay for Rozee's performance, it was same level as Tredrea vs Carlton.

Feel sorry for the ones that busted a gut tonight and were let down by those who didn't.
One good game in every three is not good enough from some of our 150+ game players.

Yeah but it is unfathomable about supposedly AFL greats like Robbie and Westy crumbling in front of goal. What sort of leadership is that?

They've been doing it their whole careers and you expect different?

Jeez this post could have been cut and paste from a number of gameday threads in the past few years. Anyone got a stat for how many close games we have won in the last 3 years? Anyone got a stat for how many games we have lost with significantly more inside fifties. Same crap, different year

Travis Boak, Robbie Gray, Justin Westhoff all drafted in the same year? (Boak was awesome tonight)

Some of the decision making by our senior players late, defies logic, on top of their goal kicking earlier. DBJ's poor kick that was a turnover which lead to the Neale goal stands out, the Westhoff handball over the top to Robbie Gray who was running to the bench injured was another one, we were 10 points up at that time as well, we should've slowedthe game down then. That's unforgivable.

Boak and Rozee our best by a long way, Rozee looks a potential superstar. Thought Jonas and Burton played well, SPP as well. Ollie will be better for the run.

Out of curiosity why did that last quarter go for 37 minutes? There wasn't a avalanche of goals so that has me stumped.
Thank god for some sanity in this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back