Racing RACING FUTURES

Remove this Banner Ad

2 Japanese horses at value for the Doncaster:
Mozu Ascot @$41 (Lads)
Group 1 winner over 1600m in Japan and win a G3 over 1400 last start.
My Style @$31 (Lads)
4th in a G1 over 1600m 2 starts ago. Has won at G3 level and placed at G2.
Both 6yos. Both nominated and, according to Twitter sources, the plan is to come. The markets are now “All-in” so you could do your money cold. Also relatively unproven on wet tracks.
But all things considered they look worth a bit of a go to me, especially Mozu Ascot, that price looks crazy.
Mozu Ascot win a G1 in Japan today so that makes it less likely he’ll come. Bigger money elsewhere in the world in WFA races.

Starting to thing early futures betting is a mugs game

Unless you have inside info - in Australia I’d be limiting myself to raiders only and even then mostly as back to lay propositions.

Stuff like LG comes around about once a decade if that.

Late nominations can impact your selections too and in some cases result in getting unders

Yep, puzzling decision, as was the decision to run yesterday when their plan was to run in a handicap at the next start. Mr Yahagi doing it his way.

My other main concern is that he has had to revert to dirt to re-find his winning form and that the move is because there is less depth in the Japanese dirt runners. His turf form had really tapered off prior to the switch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As suspected Mozu Ascot thrown in. Avicat and Happy Clapper topweight with 58kgs.

To be fair - Happy Clapper has won one with with 57 so has to get 58 and Avi won the only WFA mile in the Spring by panels and is clearly Australia's best miler

As I said - Mozu's turf form has been suspect the last 12 months and he wouldn't rate that much different to Kluger who had 53 last year. If it was on dirt he would be topweight no doubt.

To be fair - Happy Clapper has won one with with 57 so has to get 58 and Avi won the only WFA mile in the Spring by panels and is clearly Australia's best miler

As I said - Mozu's turf form has been suspect the last 12 months and he wouldn't rate that much different to Kluger who had 53 last year. If it was on dirt he would be topweight no doubt.
i feel like you are trolling me when you say Avicat is our best miler
he is absolutely not even in the top 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back