Play Nice Rance Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Please respect the "Play Nice" status of this thread.

Whether or not you have "a valid point", nastiness and rumour-mongering will result in post deletions, thread bans, and warning points depending on the post and my mood at the time.

Love love love :kiss:

Actually not too bad for Richmond.

They showed last year they don’t need him, and he’d be on quite a bit of coin so this will allow them to have a big crack at a free agent next year.

Leaves us a bit exposed if Grimes or Astbury goes down. Would need to develop a KPD almost from scratch. Broad's a pinch-hitter, not sure Garthwaite will make it and Balta and Chol don't have settled positions.

Feeling devo for the Tigers fans more concerned with their club's list position than the man himself. Especially having just won a flag without him.

Be strong guys :'(

He's quite clearly a strange cat that wanted to go out on his own terms

I find it refreshing, good for him. Having the foresight to not shoot your body into pieces is wise, especially when footy isn't your entire life (he's a keen god botherer)

You say you want more characters in footy; Rance is one of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you . If I followed Port Adelaide ( est. 1996) I’d have no faith either.
Nut job ? From the club that gives us Koch ? Pfftttt.

Don't get me wrong, Koch is a nut job too but religious nuts take the cake.

You’re the nut job mate if you can’t just pay credit to a great player I recon you would have happily had him at port !
Still looking for the part where I said he isn't a great player. Can't find it, I'll keep searching.

Leaves us a bit exposed if Grimes or Astbury goes down. Would need to develop a KPD almost from scratch. Broad's a pinch-hitter, not sure Garthwaite will make it and Balta and Chol don't have settled positions.

You were in the exact same position in 2019, and you guys did ok.

A genuine star. Timing is very peculiar.

Dad Murray was a star in WA (and two years in Vic) before becoming the eagles first captain. Strong football family.

Alex Rance put together an impressive career:

*AFL premiership player: 2017

*All-Australian team: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

*All-Australian Captain: 2017

*Jack Dyer Medal (RFC B&F): 2015

*Jack Titus Medal (2nd RFC B&F): 2016, 2017

*Richmond vice-captain: 2017–2019

Faith is such a weird thing to say you are focusing on. What does that mean exactly? Going to church more often, praying more often, hitting himself with a whip for impure thoughts more often?
Campaigning for the religious discrimination exemption bill?

Stange decision, strange timing, strange reasoning.

Good on him though I guess, you do you. Enjoy retirement Rance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back