Discussion Random Discussion (No Politics, Religion) - SHOW CHIN PASSPORT ON ENTRY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be the same CHO that announced a short sharp 7 day circuit breaker 6 weeks ago
Yes it is Sutton and he shouldn’t be in the position he is in, he is a corrupt turd

He might be but I think it will be a board of people, he's just out front because he has the least munted head and can speak coherently. They use international modelling but modelling reports can be manipulated to look like they are saying something different than what the person modelling it intended.

He might be but I think it will be a board of people, he's just out front because he has the least munted head and can speak coherently. They use international modelling but modelling reports can be manipulated to look like they are saying something different than what the person modelling it intended.
This is what I would assume also mate, but then again when do they ever make sense...

It never ceases to amaze me why people don't just go to the source rather than rely on someones "interpretation" or get partial story because you're only looking at a summary document.

Attachments

• 210919 - Burnet Institute - Vic Roadmap.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
They are shitting themselves that they'll be unelectable if they stay locked down. I'm pumped that we are going to get back to something like normal. I didn't think I cared about a road map out but having some dates makes it a lot easier to get through.
Yeah I feel more positive now than I have for a while. Again it's not to say I trust them at all but he couldn't have been more adamant yesterday about us getting out of this and dealing with it. Again though I haven't taken much of a look at every restriction, just the ones I care about. As long as I can go to the pub, footy and gym I am OK with that. If I worked in an office job or had kids or did anything else that impacted my life I might feel differently but thankfully for a guy that is pessimistic as all hell about government, I don't get affected too much.

Im scratching my head around the split shifts for the school kids (for lack of a better term) If my prep kid gets it then its coming home and my grade 3 kid is going to get it regardless if they are on alternating school days.
Im assuming its to limit the spread between families but I dont fully understand this one.

Oh also he mentioned that they don't know if the shipment of Pfizer will come in for October. I have a Pfizer booking for end of October. Does the fact I made a booking mean that they will have a dose for me then, or will I turn up without one?

Oh also he mentioned that they don't know if the shipment of Pfizer will come in for October. I have a Pfizer booking for end of October. Does the fact I made a booking mean that they will have a dose for me then, or will I turn up without one?
My understanding is if you have a booking they have a dose mate.

No you will be fine

My mother in law got told to test yesterday, due to her going to some shops 9 days ago.
The shops she went to are still not listed as a site.
She lives in the same house as my ( soon to be ex) Wife, and i had my son at my place on the weekend ( as i'm allowed to ).
9 days is way too long for their tracing.
I am pretty sure she's fully vaccinated at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure mate. 900 odd?
Yeah im unsure too, I know there are outlying factors to consider but when this is all done and dusted it'll be interesting to see which methods/mentality are most effective for saving lives.
I actually dont know how they would measure such a thing when there are so many variables. Be interesting nonetheless.

Yeah im unsure too, I know there are outlying factors to consider but when this is all done and dusted it'll be interesting to see which methods/mentality are most effective for saving lives.
I actually dont know how they would measure such a thing when there are so many variables. Be interesting nonetheless.

I watch a few American political commentators and they recently have been banging on about world worst lockdowns in Melbourne. I get where they are coming from but I wish they could also evaluate how we are balancing it with the healthcare system. I wish our government would come out with some modelling or something to show what capacity the system is at. I really don't care about how many cases we've got anymore. It's pointless. We should be told how many hospitalisations there were, how many ICU patients there were, what % the system is at because of it, etc. I don't even know if we have the balance right between restrictions and healthcare capacity. To be in lockdown more than any city in the world must mean we have the worst healthcare system, right? But that can't be right, we're a developed nation?

I watch a few American political commentators and they recently have been banging on about world worst lockdowns in Melbourne. I get where they are coming from but I wish they could also evaluate how we are balancing it with the healthcare system. I wish our government would come out with some modelling or something to show what capacity the system is at. I really don't care about how many cases we've got anymore. It's pointless. We should be told how many hospitalisations there were, how many ICU patients there were, what % the system is at because of it, etc. I don't even know if we have the balance right between restrictions and healthcare capacity. To be in lockdown more than any city in the world must mean we have the worst healthcare system, right? But that can't be right, we're a developed nation?
I think you're correct on a number of points George. Especially the healthcare one.
We have a large percentage of hospitalisations in ICU - and I only know that because my wife commented on it the other day and remarked that the numebr was pretty bad.
The daily case numbers are quickly becoming irrelevant much like NSW - the virus has moved past the point of containment and eradication.

I think you're correct on a number of points George. Especially the healthcare one.
We have a large percentage of hospitalisations in ICU - and I only know that because my wife commented on it the other day and remarked that the numebr was pretty bad.
The daily case numbers are quickly becoming irrelevant much like NSW - the virus has moved past the point of containment and eradication.
I don't know why they don't shift the focus from cases to the impact on hospitals? Personally it would give me more incentive to get vaccinated if I could the see the damage it's causing rather than just rattling off "500 cases today". It's so vague. Majority of them don't need care so why bother knowing that information. Tell us how many beds are left, how many ventilators, if there's enough staff in hospitals, etc. Isn't this the reason we are locked down? For them? Yet we get basically no information about it.

I don't know why they don't shift the focus from cases to the impact on hospitals? Personally it would give me more incentive to get vaccinated if I could the see the damage it's causing rather than just rattling off "500 cases today". It's so vague. Majority of them don't need care so why bother knowing that information. Tell us how many beds are left, how many ventilators, if there's enough staff in hospitals, etc. Isn't this the reason we are locked down? For them? Yet we get basically no information about it.
To be honest this is probably a much better conveyance of information - but it wouldnt be accurate as they could only report on public healthcare but we'd get a guide I suppose.

...is this the start of a Vote 1 Bigfooty campaign??

I think its about 180 in hospital at the minute and around 70 ICU ??
He said 20 of april last year he had spent 1.3 bil and had an extra 4000 ICU beds
Our Health systems have been neglected for decades and he was our Health minster for a few years

STATEHOSPICUVENT
NSW1,236234123
Victoria2045540
Queensland1900

STATEHOSPICUVENT
NSW1,236234123
Victoria2045540
Queensland1900
After 2 years we should be in a position where 204 in Hospital shouldn't be a tipping point

After 2 years we should be in a position where 204 in Hospital shouldn't be a tipping point
Totally agree Mow - but are we in this position *because* of our restrictions? Or have we been overly cautious and just lucky?
This is the detail I need to make a decision one way or the other and this is the type of info that rarely gets out because of the level of detail required to build a case study.

Right now we have 1% of the population of the worst hit LGA with active Covid.
Pretty much everywhere else is pretty much sweet FA.

What happens if you let it rip, so that 20% of Hume contract the virus?
What happens if you lift the 10km limit so that every LGA is like that?

Pretty easy to see demand for 10 000 hospital beds.

You can't flood every LGA with the virus , then pull it back.

I put myself in Dan's spot , and i simply can't make the decision to kill people.

Thanks for the post mate and yes completely agree how are we living like this with only 200 in hospital?

It comes down to how you evaluate success, killing the least amount of people or saving the most money or the least inconvenience etc.

Our nanny state method has been ultra successful in containing death and even mass spread but has cost freedoms and money. The US is like a third world country healthcare system, it will have spread a lot more there than people know about. People are reticent to go to seek medical advise if they don't have money. Getting ill can cost you everything if you're not insured and still cost heaps if you are.

Places like India are the same. You don't access healthcare there unless you are rich. They won't have tested certain demographics so have skewed data. New Zealand and Western Australia have probably handled it the best of any places in the world and they were hardcore lockdown fans. Ironically they had the least financial carnage and the least loss of overall freedom.....even compared with countries that have reopened. Europe is still locking down and has no return to how it was before yet. Places like Western Australia have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back