Media Random Musings From The Desk Of The Admin (Season 26)

Remove this Banner Ad

22/12/2018

Hi folks,

And so another season came to an end. I'd like to once again congratulate Yakker on leading the Mount Buller Demons to the minor premiership and then a record win in the grand final along with FinBar19 on kicking 11 goals in a legendary performance. Cheers to everyone that put in the work across the season to help it run from week to week, the guys in the simming team NaturalDisaster , Doctor Gero , Hate , JoshWoodenSpoon and also a massive thank you to Loonerty who has stepped down from his role as simmer at the end of this past season after 3 seasons of service. Furthermore, thanks to everyone that put in substantial efforts in statistics and maintaining history in the archives; Ant Bear , Hate (again), Cadaver , Ljp86 and Broken. Appreciate all the work that you guys put in.

Season 26 has been another success (whereby success under my watch is defined as a state where the Sweet FA is not a burning pile of rubble at the conclusion of any given season) thanks to some really engaged rookies, not only notable ones like Barrybran, Cadaver and Nunez but others who have flown under the radar a bit like TheInjuryFactory , Jivlain , grumbleguts, Sab22 just to name a few. We've also seen a bit of a renaissance from many veterans of the league which is always nice and the likes of Noobz0r and BRAB stirring up a dose of controversy in the media which makes for interesting reading.

Okay so what now?

The Beez Trophy presentation is the next major event, and that will occur on January 4th, 2019 whereby the Season 26 most valuable poster as voted on by active members of each team will be revealed.

After that we will be taking the State of Origin reboot to the next step by officially announcing the captains of each state. I will confirm now that the 2019 series will be played during the latter half of January and 5 state representative teams will be competing:
- Vic Metro
- Vic Country
- WA
- SA
- Allies
The captains for each state team have been selected by me and we're simply at the stage of preparing official presentations. Soon after they have been announced the appointed state captains will appoint vice-captains of their own choosing, and select and coordinate their team over the following week. The likely format will be a round robin tournament that is followed by a grand final between the top 2 that will take place over 2-3 weeks.

Additionally, there's also going to be a charity fundraiser for dementia research happening around this time (BRAB will prepare more details when appropriate) so January will be a very eventful month and it's going to be a busy offseason.

Also something to be aware of is the Bigfooty site will be seeing a major software update between 26th December 2018, and 1st January 2019.

Read More: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/forum-software-upgrade-big-news-starts-boxing-day.1210432/

This will mean that posts made between these dates will be sucked into the void so if you have a big media thread idea planned, or a major announcement/event coming up make sure that you post it outside of this period so that you don't lose it. I won't be making any major public announcements during this time.

That will be all for now, I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Be sure to stay safe over the holiday season and take care of yourself. Hopefully, I'll see you all again in 2019 and we start the new year off with bang. :christmastree::santa::partypooper:
#BooTheBumpkins #jt4beez

Also something to be aware of is the Bigfooty site will be seeing a major software update between 26th December 2018, and 1st January 2019.

Read More: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/forum-software-upgrade-big-news-starts-boxing-day.1210432/

This will mean that posts made between these dates will be sucked into the void so if you have a big media thread idea planned, or a major announcement/event coming up make sure that you post it outside of this period so that you don't lose it.
See you all at the Gumbies BnF, December 27.

You can compliment my media as much as you like Cloud_ , I’m still upset about the SoO captaincy snub.
If this inspires you to go rogue and make Cypress Creek a SoO location, then count me in.

You can compliment my media as much as you like Cloud_ , I’m still upset about the SoO captaincy snub.
Don't worry Noobz, soon enough you'll be even more upset, I promise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Gumbies venues are heavily dictated by costs ......plus with only friends coming, they don't need a lot of space

But banning dancing was too much ...

I've seen SM dance, it's for the best.

Are we extending the goal squares or not?

Will be a good way to cull some of the lazy, fat, good for nothing full forwards that frequent this league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back