Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been laughing for the last 10 minutes

47580225_2308602589184875_3647228537762480128_n.jpg

December 4, 2018
A Statement from Bruce Springsteen

Just a note to quell some of the rumors over here on E Street. While we hope to be back with you soon, the E Street Band won’t be touring in 2019. Before I go back to my day job, the year will be consumed with a break after our Broadway run and various recording projects I’ve been working on. We do hope to see you soon, and until then, we have some mighty E Streeters out there regularly performing with their own projects who’d love and deserve your support. All love and Happy Holidays!

- Bruce Springsteen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you pay $225 to a concert at Rod Laver (or any seated venue) do you get annoyed that people in front of you stand up and dance?

I have mixed thoughts

Wat do others think?

If you’re not feeling the urge to rise to your feet yourself you’ve likely wasted your $225 I’d say gifo. The last few gigs I’ve attended I’ve been on the ground level close to the stage where you have no choice. The only downside is when a massive group of tweeners decide it’s a ripping idea to turn the area into a drug fuelled mosh pit. Although it is fun clocking shirtless flogs as they bump into you and your missus.

If you’re not feeling the urge to rise to your feet yourself you’ve likely wasted your $225 I’d say gifo. The last few gigs I’ve attended I’ve been on the ground level close to the stage where you have no choice. The only downside is when a massive group of tweeners decide it’s a ripping idea to turn the area into a drug fuelled mosh pit. Although it is fun clocking shirtless flogs as they bump into you and your missus.

We did Shania Twain last night and Security was called by a sitting patron to make a group of dancing middle aged Mums sit down. It got tense.

Sounds timid compared to your Boyz II Men Gig

Shania was hawt fwiw

If you pay $225 to a concert at Rod Laver (or any seated venue) do you get annoyed that people in front of you stand up and dance?

I have mixed thoughts

Wat do others think?

"Sit the * down" tends to work for me.

We did Shania Twain last night...............

Then you deserved it. In fact, these soccer mums were doing you a favor.

Wear a couple of rings with raised faces on each hand and the message will get through.

Tbh the last time I saw an altercation over not sitting down was as a 15 year old in 1985 at the Dogs v Roos MCG Final when a young buck was asked to sit down by a Dad at Punt Rd Goals

It ended in young buck slapped to the side of the face and them both being ejected before the Bounce

FWIW I stood in the Terraces at Rod Laver for Springsteen in 2014 and not an issue...but other than the floor the venue is precariously tight between seats

Last night...good grief...wat nek?

I have mixed thoughts

Wat do others think?
I saw Blur a couple of years ago and they implored people mid-gig to "get on your ******* feet".

I thought, "listen here, Damon. You're playing to a bunch of people in the 40s, on a school night. What exactly do you expect?"

I have mixed thoughts

Wat do others think?
That’s exactly why I don’t go to concerts at entertainment centre type venues anymore (unless I can get tickets in the mosh Pitt).
Sitting down like a dork with your hands on your knees after paying $150+ is just not rock n roll man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back