Remove this Banner Ad

Wagner Pearce Ryan
Clark Cox Walker
Aish Young AB
Freddy Jackson Emmett
Walters Amiss Treacy
Darcy Serong Fyfe

Johnson JOM McDonald Switta

Sub: Brodie. Or Ras. Or Simpson. I can't decide.

I'm holding hope Cox is ready for Rd1 and I'm willing to give Treacy another chance just to see if he rekindles any of his magic back with the other J's.

Best I can come up with.
I like that team, but I think Simpson needs to play. Somehow.

Cant see both Wagner and Walker getting picked. Hard to know who's rated higher internally.

Cant see both Wagner and Walker getting picked. Hard to know who's rated higher internally.
If we can fit Worner and Hughes in the team we can fit Walker and Wagner. Ryan needs to play third tall. Playing him on Rioli is just stupid. When Chapman comes back, things get a little more difficult.

If we can fit Worner and Hughes in the team we can fit Walker and Wagner. Ryan needs to play third tall. Playing him on Rioli is just stupid. When Chapman comes back, things get a little more difficult.

I agree, but I think you’re playing with fire if you bring Cox, Walker and Wagner all not fully fit (assuming Cox comes straight back)

Walker Pearce Ryan
Clark. cox Aish.
Brayshaw Fyfe sharp
Freddy Treacy Emmett
Walters Amiss Jackson.

Darcy serong young.

JOM, Switta Johnson simpson.

Sub: Erasmus.

- Wagner unlucky.

Last edited:
Anyone know the likelihood of Cox being fit?

Walker Pearce Ryan
Clark Cox(McDonald) Aish
Sharp Young AB
Frederick Treacy Emmett
Walters Amiss Jackson
Darcy Serong Fyfe

Bench: Johnson Switta Simpson JOM

Sub: Erasmus or Brodie

I like that team, but I think Simpson needs to play. Somehow.
I like getting as many multi positional players as I can on to the bench for my B22s, but I was stretching with JOM and Switta.

If I was confident on Noddy and Sharp on the wings, I could probably have Aish on the bench and maybe drop McDonald. Would make it tricky again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like for Brodie to be the sub. Bring him on and throw him in the guts while he’s fresh, If Fyfe looks cooked it could be a straight swap. If a defender goes down you would move Young back to cover.

I would hate to see Simpson get a debut as a sub, would suck coming on with a quarter and abut left and burning yourself out getting used to the pace of the game

Doesn't make a lot of sense to rush Cox back when McDonald has just put in a couple strong performances and we drafted him for this specific reason (back up to Moose/Cox). And I would go with Walker over Wagner if I had to choose one but personally I'd like to see both become mainstays this year. both have natural attacking instincts and we really should be taking advantage of that.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to rush Cox back when McDonald has just put in a couple strong performances and we drafted him for this specific reason (back up to Moose/Cox). And I would go with Walker over Wagner if I had to choose one but personally I'd like to see both become mainstays this year. both have natural attacking instincts and we really should be taking advantage of that.

Normally yes, but I worry Hipwood and Daniher could towel us up. But I did like what I saw for McDonald so I’ll understand if he gets picked.

Who out of Walker and Wagner makes way for Chappy when he’s fit? I think we’re too small for both to be in the same team

Normally yes, but I worry Hipwood and Daniher could towel us up. But I did like what I saw for McDonald so I’ll understand if he gets picked.

Who out of Walker and Wagner makes way for Chappy when he’s fit? I think we’re too small for both to be in the same team
I think McDonald would be a better match up on Hipwood than Cox, seems to be more mobile which is Hopwood’s 1 wood. Cox could take Hughes spot if he’s fit to play and walker takes worners place.

What did everyone that didn't go to Adelaide do this weekend to prepare themselves for round 1? Thinking particularly of Brodie, Wagner and Walker. A couple of round 1 places might have suddenly opened up in our championship team

I think our wing deficiency could potentially open the door for some decent Wagner playing time. Him and Chappy could rotate from HBF to wing depending on matchups with Brandon locking down the best small. I just really like Wagner's potential for high metres gained, he kinda reminds me of a poorer man's Heath Black.

I think our wing deficiency could potentially open the door for some decent Wagner playing time. Him and Chappy could rotate from HBF to wing depending on matchups with Brandon locking down the best small. I just really like Wagner's potential for high metres gained, he kinda reminds me of a poorer man's Heath Black.
He has the blonde hair though. More Quenton Leach off the half back from the early years vibes.

Wagner would of loved playing under Neesham.

Walker, personally I prefer Wagner.
JL has his purple circle.
Opening game it’ll be the same spuds getting around.
O’Meara can * right off.
Hoping Cox returns for Hughes.
Debut Simpson instead of dragging along Banfield on the pine.
Aish is another in that click.
Does he hold his position when Chappy finally returns?

Last edited:

Ahh Heath Black.. one of my all time fav dockers

Walker, personally I prefer Wagner.
JL has his purple circle.
Opening game it’ll be the same spuds getting around.
O’Meara can * right off.
Hoping Cox returns for Hughes.
Debut Simpson instead of dragging along Banfield on the pine.
Aish is another in that click.
Does he hold his position when Chappy finally returns?

Have to agree these mature B graders like JOM and Aish are on thin ice. Their tanks are small, end to end running subpar. They have nice kicking skills but cant apply pressure as they are slow, the lateral movement of JOM is laughable. The problem also, our elite players aren’t quick either. Our teams pace comes from Clark, Walker, Switkowski, Frederick and the rest are medium paced or slow. We suffer a lot when the fleet footed players are missing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back