Unofficial Preview Rd 18: Changes For The Derby - Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasnt being critical, it's more after the fact that with surprise losses for Richmond and west coast 2 points would actually have been almost as good as 4.

Agreed.

To be fair to the boys, I think all of them and us at the time thought it was 4 points or bust.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

B Cumming Taylor Haynes
HB Ash Davis Perryman
C Kelly Hopper Taranto
HF Greene Hogan Daniels
F Lloyd Himmleberg Hill
FOLL: Mumford Green Coniglio
INTER: Briggs, Ward, Idun, Kennedy
Sun: Reid

With north beating west coast, we are only 2 points out of top 8, I wish we had drawn with gold coast. Not his fault at all we lost, but does anybody else think toby should have tried to kick a behind with his kick with about 2 minutes to go?
It looked like he did to me - the wind got it and dropped it short. If he'd kicked it straight at the goal, it would've probably been out on the full on the near side because of that wind.

I think you operate under the misconception that the only way to develop is by playing AFL. Leigh Montanya was talking about it this week and he highlighted that plenty of players develop in the lower tier and that its a perfectly acceptable way to develop. An example is nick blakey struggling to lock down a position... goes to the VFL and plays as a half back, shows promise and talent and then gets promoted back to the senior team. An example for us is a player like Bruhn. If he plays AFL he plays as a forward.... but blind freddy can see he is a midfielder first and foremost. Playing him at VFL allos him to be in an AFL system with the coaching and review of that industry... but in the position he needs to play to develop for his LONG TERM future.
If only we had the recent success of the Swans in choosing, developing and retaining kids from the draft.

The team is there... the quality of that list is comparible to perhaps the Power's list.... we just aren't bringing it when it counts

And the Swans are hard to bea atm

Out: Whitfield
In: Shipley

Like for like replacement only. Personally I don't see what Cogs adds to the midfield that's not already out there. He could replace Taranto if desperate. Understand others see this differently.

I'd caution against dropping either of the mosquitos (Daniels/Hill) as weather looking bad again and the ball will be on the deck most of the day.

Out: Whitfield
In: Shipley

Like for like replacement only. Personally I don't see what Cogs adds to the midfield that's not already out there. He could replace Taranto if desperate. Understand others see this differently.

I'd caution against dropping either of the mosquitos (Daniels/Hill) as weather looking bad again and the ball will be on the deck most of the day.
The class difference between cogs and shipley is just too big.

Although its not like for like.. Cogs just HAS to be the in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who should he take midfield minutes off? Assuming he doesn't spend the whole game on a flank
He is on a million a year and just had 36 posessions and 8 tackles in the twos.. he should be playing

Valid question on where the minutes come from. It will be similar to the MDB plays I would assume. When he tagged last time, Green and Taranto played a little more time forward and Ward spent a little more time outside on a wing

Makes me think we should of rested Mummy from the Suns game.

Mummy did struggle vs Hickey for much of the Derby win earlier this year, not for lack of effort but it did appear an unfavourable match-up

Still a huge call though as Mummy enjoys towelling Swans on-ballers for recreation.

It’s going to either be a genius or idiotic match committee decision.

Mummy did struggle vs Hickey for much of the Derby win earlier this year, not for lack of effort but it did appear an unfavourable match-up

Still a huge call though as Mummy enjoys towelling Swans on-ballers for recreation.

It’s going to either be a genius or idiotic match committee decision.

The presser today said his back is stuffed and he will need several weeks off. It’s an injury not a call

Or do you mean the call is Briggs v Flynn?

The presser today said his back is stuffed and he will need several weeks off. It’s an injury not a call

Or do you mean the call is Briggs v Flynn?

Hadn’t heard about the injury at the time.

I really hope Mummy, against all odds, gets a chance to get a farewell home game.

He deserves to go out with a bang - hopefully at the point of impact with Cotchin in R22.

Not that it's related to anything but my work is directly opposite the Sofitel where the players are staying.

Anyway I went over for a lunchtime burrito and Cogs and his model missus were at the juice bar right near me. Not sure if he was preparing for a tagging role Saturday or he was excited to be playing 1's but he was all over her like a cheap suit. Like an over worked up 14yo on a first date.

And they did not really have far to go to "get a room"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back