Game Day Rd 2 Adelaide V Geelong, Fri 22nd Mar 2024 7:40pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a weird game. We could have conceded 10 goals that quarter playing like that.

Reminds me of a similar one against Port at the same venue where Taylor kept us in the game under heavy fire in 2nd quarter where it was just pinned in our defensive half, we ended up winning that in the last couples of minutes with some Selwood grit.

Cameron and Hawkins are superstars but they aren't great at bringing the ball down on the long kicks down the line

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Need to stop the long bombs. I say it every season, kick shorter + lower to Hawkins, to bring him out + mark on the lead. He's phenomenal at marking, then.

Something with our D50 exits is seriously stuffed. It's either Adelaide uncontested mark or too many flying for a mark leaving free Crows...and just as I type that we finally get it up our end for a shot.
Yeah I don't why Guthrie didn't take the short towards the end of the first quarter. Cost us a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just no marking option down the line.

No Cameron, no Hawk, no Stanley.

That’s why the crows owned inside 50s that quarter.

I’ll take a 2 goal lead.
Even when we do get the ball to ground, Adelaide are scooping it back to a sweeper.

Also a lot of situations where our pressure is pretty good but they still manage to escape and get territory.

We need to kick to open space and burn them with fast possession chains. This is basically how all of our scores have been created.

I’m keen to know what role Clark plays better than anyone in the team.

He's an excellent player and a keeper. Give him a chance, gets to the ball but just needs to stick tackles and bring it in more effectively. Will come with time and strength.

Clark not ready. Not quite strong enough yet. Need to convert better to stay in it here.

He's an excellent player and a keeper. Give him a chance, gets to the ball but just needs to stick tackles and bring it in more effectively. Will come with time and strength.
You can see how good he’s going to be. And I can see why he’s compared with Selwood with the way he plays.

Clark not ready. Not quite strong enough yet. Need to convert better to stay in it here.

There's 3 blokes who would be ahead of him in the pecking order who would be watching on from their couch in Geelong. He's there because we're short of options.

Jordan Clark is not ready for AFL, he trys but is being pushed around like a rag doll. Tuohy turned a positive field position into a negative one by taking so long to make a decision. Tomahawk just has to try harder when he is the only big man in a contest. On a number of occasions he just let the opposition players take uncontested marks. It's a long time bad habit of his so I don't expect it to change. Geelong looked totally stuffed in the second quarter, players standing around and watching their opponents take control. Another effort like that second quarter and Geelong is cactus. How that blatant push in the back to Dempsey wasn't paid is a mystery. His opponent jumped on his back and rode him into the turf. Umpires obviously scared to pay free kicks against Adelaide.

These are valuable games for Clark until Guthrie returns. A few of those contested balls and tackles he still looks like what he is, a kid. The keeping your feet and body positioning will come.

I'd say 2025 will be more his year but with our outs, you keep playing him in the 1s.

Jordan Clark is not ready for AFL, he trys but is being pushed around like a rag doll. Tuohy turned a positive field position into a negative one by taking so long to make a decision. Tomahawk just has to try harder when he is the only big man in a contest. On a number of occasions he just let the oppisition players take uncontested marks. It's a long time bad habit of his so I don't expect it to change. Geelong looked totally stuffed in the second quarter, players standing around and watching their opponents take control. Another effort like that second quarter and Geelong is cactus. How that blatant push in the back to Dempsey wasn't paid is a mystery. His opponent jumped on his back and rode him into the turf. Umpires obviously scared to pay free kicks against Adelaide.
Jordan Clark plays for Freo now mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back