Autopsy Rd 2, April 1, 2017- SUNS vs GWS @Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

It just saddens me to see everyone turning on each other like hungry dogs. It was a bad loss. The loss to brisbane was tough to swallow after the first quarter result.

But not one of us knows whats wrong exactly, and demanding heads to roll 2 games in when everyone and their mother was predicting a bloodbath for us against the Giants coming off their loss to the Crows is pretty poor.

You're all better than this and it's time you pull your heads in and show the support part now more than ever. Otherwise you mind as well stop calling yourselves supporters.
We can't afford to be losing by 100+ points against quality opposition (if we have expectations for simply making the Top Eight). We lost against one of the favourites for the wooden spoon last week, too. We're a bottom four side (and deservedly so) as things currently stand. I can't understand how we can still be bottom dwellers after all the concessions we got. It boggles the mind.

It just saddens me to see everyone turning on each other like hungry dogs. It was a bad loss. The loss to brisbane was tough to swallow after the first quarter result.

But not one of us knows whats wrong exactly, and demanding heads to roll 2 games in when everyone and their mother was predicting a bloodbath for us against the Giants coming off their loss to the Crows is pretty poor.

You're all better than this and it's time you pull your heads in and show the support part now more than ever. Otherwise you mind as well stop calling yourselves supporters.

Yeah nah
I see a lot of people who've invested a lot of time and emotional energy into a Club that can't seem to find a forward gear
I haven't read too much on here that is scatter gun Richmondesque "I'm microwaving the membership"
Just profound sadness and looking for culprits and ways to turn this around

I see a lot of people who've invested a lot of time and emotional energy into a Club that can't seem to find a forward gear

Completely agree. Have supported since day one and became a member the year after. Drive 2 hours each way to get to as many home games as possible, and then sat through a hell of a lot of smashings in the process. All i want to see is some form of improvement. And even if we weren't going to make finals this year, i honestly thought we might have. But getting handed 100+ point losses is just devastating after such a positive off-season.

I've been thinking the exact same thing.
It would be very interesting to see how they would go without Ablett and Hall my suspicion is they would be a better TEAM.

Hopefully we get to find out come Sunday

My only worry is with no Hanley the pace is gone from our midfield. Lonergan, Fiorini, Brodie, Barlow should all play in our midfield but is that too slow?
Hawthorn played with a slow midfield for close to a decade, they just move the ball exceptionally better than anyone else over that period with their skills/smarts

Suffice to say we are not one of the more skilful lists in the comp, so we do need leg speed. Hopefully Hanley back after Easter R5 or R6

1 more thing before I stop looking at this thread. It would be nice to see our Captains front up to the media, instead we have mum and dad taking the heat in Evans and Eade. Have some pride lads, show up and cop your medicine. Even Ablett is fronting the media on Thurs on the footy show and he isn't in the official leadership group anymore.

Ok rant over from R2

1 more thing before I stop looking at this thread. It would be nice to see our Captains front up to the media, instead we have mum and dad taking the heat in Evans and Eade. Have some pride lads, show up and cop your medicine. Even Ablett is fronting the media on Thurs on the footy show and he isn't in the official leadership group anymore.

Ok rant over from R2
I think we all know why Gaz is appearing on the footy show because they pay the big $$$ for the #exclusive interviews. And we all know Gaz loves the cash.
I just hope the interviews not with the one eyed cat supporters on the show in big bill or Bec

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we all know why Gaz is appearing on the footy show because they pay the big $$$ for the #exclusive interviews. And we all know Gaz loves the cash.
I just hope the interviews not with the one eyed cat supporters on the show in big bill or Bec
Hutchy is a geelong supporter as well though. Expecting every question to be when are you coming back? when are you coming back?

Hawthorn played with a slow midfield for close to a decade, they just move the ball exceptionally better than anyone else over that period with their skills/smarts

Suffice to say we are not one of the more skilful lists in the comp, so we do need leg speed. Hopefully Hanley back after Easter R5 or R6
Surely before round 4 or 5.

Hutchinson is an A Grade total embarrassment. While Hutchinson is bagging GCS (enevitable) Ablett should ask him about the Footy Show ratings since he took over.
I like Hutchinson, he's good at what he dose and he's a very smart guy, There's two big problems with the footy show and ratings won't improve until they get rid of rebecca maddern and the F***head so called comedian

I like Hutchinson, he's good at what he dose and he's a very smart guy, There's two big problems with the footy show and ratings won't improve until they get rid of rebecca maddern and the F***head so called comedian

What's he good at? Sifting through dumpsters

In the end what we really need is for Lynch/May to take Gary aside and hit him straight between the eyes that we don't need Gazza circa 2014 to be competitive. It's time for Gazza to become just another soldier and do everything that all the other soldiers do and get no special dispensation to not do all the defensive aspects expected. I'd be happy for him to be a 20 touch player averaging 1 goal a week but as long as he gets his hands dirty in the trenches it will inspire all the other young blokes to do the hard stuff as well and the Suns should be better as an overall unit as a result.

In the end what we really need is for Lynch/May to take Gary aside and hit him straight between the eyes that we don't need Gazza circa 2014 to be competitive. It's time for Gazza to become just another soldier and do everything that all the other soldiers do and get no special dispensation to not do all the defensive aspects expected. I'd be happy for him to be a 20 touch player averaging 1 goal a week but as long as he gets his hands dirty in the trenches it will inspire all the other young blokes to do the hard stuff as well and the Suns should be better as an overall unit as a result.
I saw him on more than one occasion against GWS let someone walk around him like he wasn't there and he just watched absolutely zero effort. He then followed it up with absolutely zero chase effort.
Very very poor.

I saw him on more than one occasion against GWS let someone walk around him like he wasn't there and he just watched absolutely zero effort. He then followed it up with absolutely zero chase effort.
Very very poor.

Thing with Hanley though is his family is in another country. After losing a son i could understand them wanting both their other sons to stay in the Country a bit longer especially considering they probably wouldn't understand AFL well compared to the Riewoldt family

Thing with Hanley though is his family is in another country. After losing a son i could understand them wanting both their other sons to stay in the Country a bit longer especially considering they probably wouldn't understand AFL well compared to the Riewoldt family
Yes fair enough.
I think he will make a massive difference if he can find form and peace in his circumstance. He is very polished and skillful which is exactly what we are lacking ATM.

Jeezus enough with the ablett bashing already lads. Yes he had a piss weak game and there appears to be issues within the club but it's all paper talk at this point isn't it? Can we at least wait to see how he responds on the park this wkd before just writing the champion off?? Haven't read anything about how awful rory thompson played, he was directly involved in 5 turnover goals on the wkd from my count, just awful. Also Matt Rosa, worst I've seem him play. Lynch and May, shadows of the players they were last year. I'm putting it down to a shocking day out by the entire team. Only round 2, let's see how Gaz backs it up aye? Runs are on the board, he deserves a chance to respond IMO. We'll beat the hawks this week I'm confident of that. Gaz to rip in, entire team will lift. Then ideally down to melb next week to back it up against the blues. Parity restored.

I'm a dreamer, surely not the only one?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back