Preview RD 23 Geelong v Carlton Sat Aug 24 435pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanleys best is actually pretty good. He did really well at points this season, he gets around the ground, kicks goals and hits contests hard. But when he goes bad, he vanishes.

Right now they have to back Stanley in, as they have given Abbott almostno match time, and Smith really isn't up to it.
Hope we have a clear out, keep Stanley as a ruck/fwd back up, bring in a new ruck to start, and delist/trade Smith, Abbott, Fort, etc.

Really hope the boys use this opportunity to get a pre-finals tune up and don't take the blues for granted. They aren't as bad as their ladder position makes out, because of the Adelaide exchange of first round draft picks they have zero incentive not to give it their best effort to win. They stuck with us last year down here, don't want to see a repeat of our 2013 round 22 clash against Brisbane.

Stanleys best is actually pretty good. He did really well at points this season, he gets around the ground, kicks goals and hits contests hard. But when he goes bad, he vanishes.

Right now they have to back Stanley in, as they have given Abbott almostno match time, and Smith really isn't up to it.
Hope we have a clear out, keep Stanley as a ruck/fwd back up, bring in a new ruck to start, and delist/trade Smith, Abbott, Fort, etc.
His best is elite.. he just doesn’t produce it enough, he also doesn’t have any resemblance of an average game, just big ordinary. Hopefully we get 3 elite finals games

cooked full stop 31yo pure inside mid, he cant really do anything else

i'd have moved him to the backline last year, dont think he can play wing

I'd be very surprised if Joel got back to good form next year he is too bash and crash and those type of players dont last that long.

He has had minimal impact all year.

No worries I just wanted a clarification so you can be proven wrong if his form improves either in finals or next year. I have no inside information but if he isn't carrying an injury I would be astounded. He is one the greatest players ever to play for this club. I am almost certain he will show is he a star again when injury free. Only time will tell and I could be wrong but seeing as I generally disagree with your assessments I just wanted your exact opinion on record so it can be held to account. IN JOEL I TRUST #Don'twriteoffchampions

Sounds a bit like what happened to Buddha Hocking. Kept playing on sheer willpower but certainly dropped off quickly.
Let's hope Selwood just saving himself for a big tilt at finals.

Andrew Mcleod played unbelievable football with his knee bone on bone for like 5 years. It ain't a death sentence and more a pain management issue. I think Hocking's knees were much worse than just bone on bone. Anyway as I have said before once Joel is healthy again I believe he will show that he is still an absolute champion. Unfortunately I don't think it will be this year. However he could easily be unreal in finals on will power alone. He is that good

I know the response was brilliant. He just repeated everything I pointed out was ridiculous to measure defenders by. Almost of his points negatively directed towards Bews were based on hypotheticals. hahaha

I'd say hold the fort on that one. Give him another preseason to try build frame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cooked full stop 31yo pure inside mid, he cant really do anything else

i'd have moved him to the backline last year, dont think he can play wing

I'd be very surprised if Joel got back to good form next year he is too bash and crash and those type of players dont last that long.

He has had minimal impact all year.
Didn't think he was too bad off the wing early in the year. If Ablett retires then I don't mind him in the forward line next year. But yeah his inside mid days are pretty well done

No worries I just wanted a clarification so you can be proven wrong if his form improves either in finals or next year. I have no inside information but if he isn't carrying an injury I would be astounded. He is one the greatest players ever to play for this club. I am almost certain he will show is he a star again when injury free. Only time will tell and I could be wrong but seeing as I generally disagree with your assessments I just wanted your exact opinion on record so it can be held to account. IN JOEL I TRUST #Don'twriteoffchampions
Interest with Joel he hasn't bleed since Dangerfield came to Geelong (3 years,)maybe there's no more blood to give,God knows he has given more than his share or maybe he's just got smarter.Could Joel transition to another non on ball role to extend his time in the game,I'm not sure he can.Lets hope for something out the box over the next month or so.

Apparently Walsh needs 10 disposals to break the all time possession record for a first year player.

Bring on Cam "Lockdown" Guthrie, I say ;)
If we send cam to him, he’ll lock down on him so hard the record will be broken by quarter time.

We really need to send him to cripps to limit him to 35 touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back