Autopsy Rd 3 Sydney v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney really needs to sort his set shots out because pound for pound he is the best 1 on 1 player in the game

fox played his role perfectly

Dawson is the best kick in the comp

Blakey bobbed up for a goal but really needs to start doing more

Ollie is borderline A grader now.Extremely good in a contest given his size, very evasive and has the smarts to find the footy, only thing holding him back is his disposal

McLean was a good selection, provides a strong contest. Wouldn’t mind cementing him in forward line for 8 or 9 weeks regardless of form and see what we have in him

papley is all class, only needs a few opportunities to hurt the opposition.

Taylor hasn’t been getting a lot of it but he’s all class when he does. Handy pick up

Colin O'Riordan contributed -14 metres gained for the match :rolleyes:

Heeney rebounded well after last week, and Kennedy was a gun. I really like McLean's application

I have no idea what Hayward is contributing at the moment

O'Riordan copped a bad wack in the head in the 3rd quarter.

Still can't believe Hayward and Blakey got spots ahead of McInerney

COR needs to go - I can't see him being a staple backman going forward

Gray did ok, at least he was on the tele and you could see his effort

Remember when every fwd 50 entry was a long bomb? I'm glad this year that they're taking shorter options and sending the ball in at better angles

Kennedy is playing well but you can tell he just looks at his limit right now, may be time to call it a day at the end of the year

He stood up when it counted that’s the perfect involvement for him when others stand up I reckon

he was the highest rated player on the ground

Heeney really needs to sort his set shots out because pound for pound he is the best 1 on 1 player in the game

fox played his role perfectly

Dawson is the best kick in the comp

Blakey bobbed up for a goal but really needs to start doing more

Ollie is borderline A grader now.Extremely good in a contest given his size, very evasive and has the smarts to find the footy, only thing holding him back is his disposal

McLean was a good selection, provides a strong contest. Wouldn’t mind cementing him in forward line for 8 or 9 weeks regardless of form and see what we have in him

papley is all class, only needs a few opportunities to hurt the opposition.

Taylor hasn’t been getting a lot of it but he’s all class when he does. Handy pick up

Man your bloody cheerful, love it
But heeney the best 1 on 1 pound for pound and Florent a grade ? Settle down I reckon

Seemed like Cunningham spent more time in defence today which I'm well in favour of. Really hope he stays there. I'd drop O'Riordan and bring in either Ronke forward or McInerney/Stephens on a wing for next week.

And Brand had played well in both rounds 1 and 2 and was unlucky to pick up an injury ahead of this week - but our defence may well be a little better suited to our game plan without him there. North have a relatively small forward line so we also didn't desperately need another tall defender, but our short/precise kicking game out of defence is better suited to having a more skillful/quicker bunch of defenders in.

Bulldogs have Naughton and Bruce who Aliir and Rampe should take so I can see us going without Brand next week too.

Last edited:
Thought they might be due for a win against us but North are still our bunnies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs have Naughton and Bruce who Aliir and Rampe should take so I can see us going without Brand next week too.

Not convinced by Brand but he might be the go against Bruce, if he is fit. Just had a nightmare that Horse may bring back Melican to play on Naughton . In Round 1 last year, Lewis made the Footscray spud look like Pratt/plugger/buddy in the worst effort from a KPD I have seen in many a year.

- Hope McCartin is OK. A week off might be good for him
- Loved what McLean showed all game
- Sinclair looked out of his depth but damn he does give it his all
- Kennedy and Parker good as well
- Love the look of Rowbottom
- Blakey should be made to do 50 set shots from 35m every day until the next game
- Heeney when he isn't jumping for everything showing his worth
- Hayward, mate, you need to get the ball more
- Dawson has an amazing kick and his goal isn't talked about enough
- North's misses early helped us get back into the game and was ultimately what won us the game

Hopeless! Pathetic! Horse needs to resign now. Send half the team back to ressies. Sack all board members. We'll be wooden spooners for the next ten years.

*gets message in ear piece* Right....uh huh....OK.

Well seems we won so well done to the boys. Carry on.
Yep cant believe Beatson chose Florent over Simpkin and why did Robbie Fox play so well when he doesn't no how. Can't believe Horse went so negative at the end and what the hell is Kennedy and Parker doing winning clearances in our shite midfield

Just a note for a young side. We will eventually be able to play 4 quarters.
I know but, it would have been nice to have put North away. Same with Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back