Preview Rd 9 Geelong V Bulldogs Sat May18 4:35 pm @ GMHBA

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL this is just like the calls I get from "telstra" informing me my internet will be shut down and to urgently ring this number with my credit card number before the whole system collapses.

:D haha too true or the Microsoft system cleaner that will not only clean out your system but your bank account!!!

Maybe Guthrie was an option but we know how much the MC love him so doubt it would happen.

Guthrie was never an option to be dropped - didn't have his best game against North but he is having a really solid season.

Leading the club for tackles with 6.2 per game
3rd for clearances with 4 (Kelly 6.75 & Danger 5.25 ahead of him)
1st for goal assists with 1.5
4th for contested possessions with 9.5 (Kelly 12.62, Danger 12.25 & Selwood 9.67 ahead)

Guthrie is deserving of his spot in the side

Guthrie was never an option to be dropped - didn't have his best game against North but he is having a really solid season.

Leading the club for tackles with 6.2 per game
3rd for clearances with 4 (Kelly 6.75 & Danger 5.25 ahead of him)
1st for goal assists with 1.5
4th for contested possessions with 9.5 (Kelly 12.62, Danger 12.25 & Selwood 9.67 ahead)

Guthrie is deserving of his spot in the side

Fair enough, who would you have dropped instead of Constable and Guthrie to bring Selwood in?

Fair enough, who would you have dropped instead of Constable and Guthrie to bring Selwood in?

hopefully this is the conundrum for the balance of the season - players who must come in, no one deserving to be left out.

Due to injury/soreness, I would have treated rested Atkins in the first place.

But if everyone is fit & firing, I'd suggest that Constable is currently our 23rd man and that he may struggle to lock down a spot if all of Kelly, Danger, Duncan, Selwood & Guthrie are available and playing well.

As an inside midfielder, Constable is currently a bit more limited than others - maybe they can work on his versatility if/when he returns to the VFL.

Is it strange that we have 2 big men in the emergencies? You would think that Parsons/Simpson would come in for Rohan if he doesnt play, who would Sav or Abbot replace?

Sav would replace Hawkins if required

Abbott would replace Stanley, and be used in the #1 ruck position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feck me , a friend of a friend who knows a source............
I've also heard a rumour - we've got a new player called Chinese Whispers and he's a late in for Who Flung Dung :eek:
Who Flung Dung...gold! Haven’t heard that in yonks.

Not in the form he is in,Rohan to FF Taylor CHF,agree with Abbott for Stanley.
Only if Rohan is ok - hopefully he is fine to play, but thinking he's been given until the last minute to prove he's over his concussion concerns from last week

Based on performance Constable is in the unfortunate position of only having 1 real position where he's competing against high quality experienced players. It's the same problem GHS had but ultimately right now Constable is not in our best midfield and that means he's not in our best team. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be giving him plenty of games to learn (we should) or that he can't improve significantly even this year but right now he's an accumulator without an obvious real strength to make him stand out.

Take the weekend where he was pretty good in transition, got involved in a fair few attacking moves and was generally pretty clean with the ball. But he also was run off at times and he had 1 clearance, 0 center clearances and only 6 contested possessions which just isn't enough for a guy who spent a lot of time in the guts. He's just not damaging enough with the ball to get most of his numbers on the outside like someone like Duncan might. He's also not a good enough ball winner for us to play him on the inside in front of guys like Selwood, Dangerfield or Kelly. He's not good enough defensively to take Guthrie's spot (nor as versatile or as good a clearance players) and he's not got the attacking quality to replace a guy like Parfitt. So for the moment he's stuck just outside the best 22. That doesn't mean he's not one of the first cabs off the rank when we need a replacement or that he can't be easily in our best 22 after another 20+ games and a couple of preseasons but he's not there yet.

The amount of posters working themselves into a lather over ins outs and everything in between makes me laugh. If the first third of the season has taught us anything it’s just to relax and have faith in the MC and medical/fitness guys, not as if it’s always been done right as it is at the moment so just sit back and enjoy the 22 that run out tomorrow.
It was like this in the Premiership years too. People would make out like picking Shannon Byrnes or Trav Varcoe was going to be the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back