List Mgmt. 2016 re-signing mission accomplished!

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting mentioned a bit down here about another mass exudus. Are they just making up stories or is there more to it. Lewy, Gardiner who else might be going? Hate to lose Gardiner.

Getting mentioned a bit down here about another mass exudus. Are they just making up stories or is there more to it. Lewy, Gardiner who else might be going? Hate to lose Gardiner.

Gardiner isn't going anywhere. Bigfooty purple monkey dishwasher at its finest.

The only source for that "mass exodus" thing is Tom Browne's fiction writing.

Of course not.

Retention allowance anyone?

Question... is that really the answer but? We already talk about paying overs for the talent currently on the list... A retention allowance makes the vulture managers even more predatory.

Strip away everyone else's allowances, get our facilities up to speed and a full compliment of staff and I'll be happy.

Maybe I'm getting cynical, but if we keep getting screwed over by interstate players and managers I'm happy to keep loading up on locals - especially if 3 years in we question the quality of the recruit. I understand our talent pool is seriously shallow but if its a choice of a 6.5/10 interstater and 6 local it's starting to become a no brainer.

Question... is that really the answer but? We already talk about paying overs for the talent currently on the list... A retention allowance makes the vulture managers even more predatory.

Strip away everyone else's allowances, get our facilities up to speed and a full compliment of staff and I'll be happy.

Maybe I'm getting cynical, but if we keep getting screwed over by interstate players and managers I'm happy to keep loading up on locals - especially if 3 years in we question the quality of the recruit. I understand our talent pool is seriously shallow but if its a choice of a 6.5/10 interstater and 6 local it's starting to become a no brainer.

IMO due to the lack of profile up here we just can't get the 3rd party deals that VIC clubs cab get. I think we need to see our cap increased to the level that VIC clubs can get for their players via 3rd party Deals or something along those lines.

Hipwood and Andrews go alright for locals ;)

I like a retention allowance paid by the AFL and outside the player negotiation process. I hated it when Sydney ran a shorter player list to pay top dollars that included the retention allowance component for the whole team. Non stars got screwed.

Just watching the gold coast game again. Finally seen where green sprayed hipwood. Green was well within his right to be upset. But * me the way he went about it sums up why i wont be upset when he is gone. Showed no leadership qualities while he baked his teammate. People question rockies leadership but this from a senior player is im no way acceptable. What a flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the gold coast game again. Finally seen where green sprayed hipwood. Green was well within his right to be upset. But **** me the way he went about it sums up why i wont be upset when he is gone. Showed no leadership qualities while he baked his teammate. People question rockies leadership but this from a senior player is im no way acceptable. What a flog.
Funny things happen on a footy field though. Not everyone makes decisions that they are comfortable with post fact. I think that's a really rough and unnecessarily personal assessment of Green.

Funny things happen on a footy field though. Not everyone makes decisions that they are comfortable with post fact. I think that's a really rough and unnecessarily personal assessment of Green.
I do agree that some people make silly mistakes in the heat of the moment. However good leaders and the people we need wouldnt do that. They would do the opposite. Green has showed little to no leadership over his time here (yes not every player has to) and what he done there just amplyfied the fact. Not 100% sure whether he was on the field or not but when hipwood kicked the first goal he was no where to be seen. Doesnt work hard enough. Doesnt tackle enough. Offers little. Would much rather see keays in his spot. Brutal yes. But for too long we have been soft.

I do agree that some people make silly mistakes in the heat of the moment. However good leaders and the people we need wouldnt do that. They would do the opposite. Green has showed little to no leadership over his time here (yes not every player has to) and what he done there just amplyfied the fact. Not 100% sure whether he was on the field or not but when hipwood kicked the first goal he was no where to be seen. Doesnt work hard enough. Doesnt tackle enough. Offers little. Would much rather see keays in his spot. Brutal yes. But for too long we have been soft.
No leadership doesn't make him a "flog" or a bad person. That's what I have a problem with.

No leadership doesn't make him a "flog" or a bad person. That's what I have a problem with.
Baking a team mate who was playing his thrid? game and offering no support or advice IMO was a floggy thing to do. Your right. Overall probably slighty harsh to judge him on that singular event. But expecting team things when he doesn't set the best example himself isnt the best thing to do.

Baking a team mate who was playing his thrid? game and offering no support or advice IMO was a floggy thing to do. Your right. Overall probably slighty harsh to judge him on that singular event. But expecting team things when he doesn't set the best example himself isnt the best thing to do.
I wasn't defending his act. I was saying you went too personal, which you now seem to admit.

The current list of players is by the far the most unlikable list ever assembled by the Brisbane Lions sans half a dozen or so.

Green is in the top 2-3 that I can't wait to see the back of.

The current list of players is by the far the most unlikable list ever assembled by the Brisbane Lions sans half a dozen or so.

Green is in the top 2-3 that I can't wait to see the back of.

It's a big call. We've had some pearlers over the years.

Justin Sherman, Albert Proud, Jason Gram, Jared Brennan, Llane Spaandermann, Jason Akermanis, Brendan Fevola, Steven Lawrence.

True, only some of those guys have been convicted of significant crimes but the others still have time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back