Play Nice Richmond, set to become the biggest club in Australia, now with 100K members

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn jumped to a league leading 28,000 members after the Melbourne merger fiasco and we never heard the end of the jibes about our "pet membership", yet we're supposed to take it all on board that Richmond have 100,000 paid-up members. That's hardly fair.

Hawthorn 1997 membership: 28,000 (<-- Dogs, cats, budgies, goldfish, gerbils... Hahaha! Ho ho ho!)
1997 home crowd vs Port Adelaide: 29,886
1997 home crowd vs Brisbane: 27,947
1997 home crowd vs Adelaide: 23,463

Richmond 2018 membership: 100,000
2018 home crowd vs Adelaide: 54,934
2018 home crowd vs Fremantle: 43,240
2018 home crowd vs Brisbane: 32,870

A record for an Adelaide game.

Hawthorn jumped to a league leading 28,000 members after the Melbourne merger fiasco and we never heard the end of the jibes about our "pet membership", yet we're supposed to take it all on board that Richmond have 100,000 paid-up members. That's hardly fair.

Hawthorn 1997 membership: 28,000 (<-- Dogs, cats, budgies, goldfish, gerbils... Hahaha! Ho ho ho!)

Maybe the rules on what constitutes a membership and how it’s recorded could of changed? And pretty sure a fair bit has changed in society since 1997. You realise Mariah Carey and Limp Biscuit aren’t chart toppers anymore yeah?

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

"The motto stands for playing finals three times, having zero debt and signing 75,000 members within the next five years."
0 debt easily done.
3 finals (took 1 extra year)
Hit 70k in that 6th year too, 75k didnt get hit until the 8th year.

"With a vision for 2020 that they return not just to being one of the top four Victorian clubs, but the top Victorian club."
With 2 years to spare. Ez.

"3 flags by 2020"
This will be very hard. But a chance.

Not bad for some very ambitious goals considering where we were in 2010. Had only 37k members when that plan came out and that was after Cousins joined us which boosted us up from only 30k the previous year.
Im sure pretty much the entire AFL community had a bit of a giggle when they saw another 5 year plan being announced, especially one with such lofty goals.
It is indeed

I remember having a chuckle at the time and yet here we are.

Credit in spades to the Tigers admin.

On another note was it only a year ago the Focus on Football ticket was up and about? What happened to those guys?

Maybe the rules on what constitutes a membership and how it’s recorded could of changed? And pretty sure a fair bit has changed in society since 1997. You realise Mariah Carey and Limp Biscuit aren’t chart toppers anymore yeah?

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower
Sorry Captain Blood 17 but I must pull you up on this.

Its Limp Bizkit

To be fair, I know a lot of Richmond supporters in my age group (mid 20s). That's not the same for Carlton.

I'm fond of telling a Carlton-supporting mate he's a bad father because one of his kids barracks for Richmond. Perhaps footy clubs don't run as strongly along family lines as they used to in this era of "children's rights".

Historically they've drawn as many through the gate as Richmond when they're firing.

It is indeed

I remember having a chuckle at the time and yet here we are.

Credit in spades to the Tigers admin.

On another note was it only a year ago the Focus on Football ticket was up and about? What happened to those guys?

Someone should alert Damien Barrett to this sliding door. I shudder to think what could have happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://membership.richmondfc.com.au/pet-membership

Granted the singing isn't great, but I don't hear any 'woofing' or 'meowing' by the 94,000 Richmond supporters in this clip ...

Perhaps, just perhaps, there are members who can't get to each game (because, you know, they work or have family commitments), and therefore purchase a 3-game membership. This would explain for the utter numbskulls in this thread, why Richmond doesn't draw 99,000 to each home game

Granted the singing isn't great, but I don't hear any 'woofing' or 'meowing' by the 94,000 Richmond supporters in this clip ...

Perhaps, just perhaps, there are members who can't get to each game (because, you know, they work or have family commitments), and therefore purchase a 3-game membership. This would explain for the utter numbskulls in this thread, why Richmond doesn't draw 99,000 to each home game

The combined with the fact that there literally aren't 100k seats available to members at any given game. Once you take out AFL members and MCC it's 50k.

Impressive achievement whatever way it’s spun

They had a strong powerful base when they sucked for years and it’s expanded more

Can never not accuse their fans of loyalty

It’s a credit to Gale and co and a great achievement not sure why people are always so keen to piss on things

Classy post :thumbsu:

https://membership.richmondfc.com.au/pet-membership

Hawthorn jumped to a league-leading 28,000 members in the aftermath of the Melbourne merger fiasco and we never heard the end of the jibes about our "pet membership", yet we're supposed to take it all on board that Richmond have 100,000 paid-up members. That's hardly fair.

Pet memberships and one game memberships aren't included in membership figures

I think anyone paid in some way is good enough.

You cant all be season ticket holders, especially those who live interstate or further....
Why? I'm 700kms North of Adelaide but am a full Member.
You either fully support the team or you don't. Counting 3 game memberships is like being partly pregnant

Why? I'm 700kms North of Adelaide but am a full Member.
You either fully support the team or you don't. Counting 3 game memberships is like being partly pregnant

See it for what it is - a tool for attracting sponsors. "We reach x thousand people each week..."

So if Richmond get 30-40,000 Tigers fans along to every game, what are the other 60-70,000 "members" doing every weekend ?

Serious question.

A similar question could be asked of every other club, but nobody else craps on about their "membership" like Richmond fans.
The Tigers seem to have a larger number of absent members than every other club, so I'm genuinely curious.

Who are these people? Where are they all? What do they do on the weekend?
We don't live in Melbourne. simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back