Preview Richmond vs Brisbane - Metricon Stadium, Friday July 16, 7:50 - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tigers,

Very anxious Lions supporter here. The odds seem crazy for this match!

- each team has 5 best 22 out. Tigers actually getting some back while lions figuring out life without Hipwood (replacement Fullarton been prerry ordinary) and Adams (in our best 2-3 players the past few weeks)
-Daniher coming off a poor weak when did not look interested. Lynch has had the wood on Harris.
- huge lift surely for Riewoldt’s 300th
- crowd probably about 50/50 and we have come off a poor game at Carrara
-5 day break for tiges but lions two flights in a week and interrupted training
-lions 6 players 0-24 games, tigers 3 (experience edge?)

Anyway expecting a fast start from richmond. Will be happy to be within a goal or 2 at quarter time.

do you guys assume that dropping kids for the inclusions is one more crack at finals for this year? Seems logical. 11 wins will likely get a spot. And then who knows.
Richmond 2021 has barely got going. Losing to everyone. Vlas took a long time to find the pace ditto Prestia before another injury. Nank IN is huge as is Lambert and I like Parker IN too. Chol carrying the ruck load for all these weeks has been too much. Chol does some good stuff but is not Nank. RCD, Naish, Ross & Dow all did a few good things but not enough to win games.
Bris hasn't got the Gabba hoodoo anymore & you're tracking well. Pre Daniher you seemed to have the tall fwds worked out ok. ie. rucks rotating & Hipwood.
I hope we don't start fast. I prefer we finish fast.
Bookies are about right

Richmond with nearly 4k members in QLD has the 2nd highest membership in QLD only behind Lions and GC.

Not sure if tiger members living in Brisbane can attend this game at Metricon as I thought (happy to be corrected) there was a lockdown in Brisbane and residents can not travel to GC, hence why lions played saints at GC last week.

It also illustrates the gulf between VFL and AFL. Can anyone seriously imagine Caddy getting 39 touches in the AFL ? He was never quick and now it seems he's unable to stop AFL level players running off him. Like a few other here I love him because he has a lot of campaigner in him but he's injury cover now and we have heaps of injuries.

Will be interesting to see what happens with him as the season ends when we will most likely be playing kids.
He might be a shock retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back