Richmond...

Remove this Banner Ad

And sacking two players before the game??? Good call, Garry, very good call.:rolleyes:

Brown knew 2 weeks ago he was gone and Cogs knew last week.

Just because you found out last night doesn't mean they did too. ;)

Strange thread to be honest but have fun.

Can only imagine that Hardwick watched tonight with a sense of real apprehension. The Tigers were woeful and in a game where each of them had a chance to stake a claim for their spot on the list next year, few (if any)took the opportunity. :eek:

Terrible performance, but I don't buy into this. Pretty sure the decision makers are not going to add any extra weight (if any) to a rd 22 dead rubber.

Terrible performance, but I don't buy into this. Pretty sure the decision makers are not going to add any extra weight (if any) to a rd 22 dead rubber.
You're right in general, but if you were a fringe player, surely this would have been a chance to stake a claim on the list?
Last week we played Obst, Garlett and Josh Smith, all of whom were touch and go for a spot next year. I reckon Garlett got himself a contract based on that game, while the other two certainly did themselves no harm.

We've beaten them the one and only time we've played them this year, and that was in Melbourne.

Cast your mind back a little further, R4E.

:thumbsu:

You reckon we haven't given our own mob a posting flogging at such times fairdinkum? You know we have. We'll do the same tomorrow night if last year's Rd22 performance was repeated.

1) This is the North Board, and we are all North supporters. So it seems pretty obvious that we would have a interest in criticising/praising North Melbourne's performances. Not sure the same can be said for Richmond...

2) Even if we do put in a stinker, there will be the same merry band, led by the same band leader, on here to defend the team. Which is good--this is balance. The sort of balance you expect from a board full of North supporters. Again, not sure we can expect that when we talk about Richmond on the North board.

It was reported on TV that all the players were told pre-game that these 2 players were playing their last game.

Maybe you should have gone down and addressed the rest of the players at training.;)

Nathan Brown is on SEN. He just said Craig Cameron told him on Wednesday.

Someone has no credibility.

To be honest, I feel sorry for them to. I've a brother that follows the Tiges, and a good mate that plays for them (Currently out injured & near the end of his career), so for those reasons, and some others as well, I'd like to see them enjoy some success.

I like many others here, have been to the "G" to watch our team win 2 flags, and sadly, lose another, so we've experienced the extreme highs and extreme lows. So I'd like to see teams like Richmond, St.Kilda & especially the Bullies, experience some of that "Euphoria"........ but not to much, and especailly not at Norths expense ;)

Cast your mind back a little further, R4E.

:thumbsu:

Yeah, thought you may have been referring to last year's match, but our team's changed a fair bit since then.

Doesn't mean we wouldn't have seen a similar result if we played them at Subi this year, of course.

I have to agree.

This is a very weird thread, particularly when you consider the round 22 disasters that we've had this decade.

Yeah, must say, if we play true to our Round 22/last match of the season/interstate form, this thread is going to look ridiculous come 10:30PM tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, must say, if we play true to our Round 22/last match of the season/interstate form, this thread is going to look ridiculous come 10:30PM tonight.

The omens aren't great

*Round 22
*Interstate
*Send off match for a popular North Melbourne man (Crocker)

Add in the bad karma from this thread and I'm starting to feel a little bit worried.

Plus, we're sticking the boots into a club that has just had a terrible send off to one of their favorite sons in Mark Coughlan.

If someone else was laughing at us after our horrible send offs to Stevo, Arch and Shannon Grant then I would have been pissed off. So I think it's pretty ordinary for us here to point and laugh at Richmond now.

The omens aren't great

*Round 22
*Interstate
*Send off match for a popular North Melbourne man (Crocker)

Add in the bad karma from this thread and I'm starting to feel a little bit worried.

Plus, we're sticking the boots into a club that has just had a terrible send off to one of their favorite sons in Mark Coughlan.

If someone else was laughing at us after our horrible send offs to Stevo, Arch and Shannon Grant then I would have been pissed off. So I think it's pretty ordinary for us here to point and laugh at Richmond now.

Agreed 100%

Add to that, we're live on FTA into Melbourne, another great omen. :thumbsu:

This is a legitimate thread.

USC has written 90+ critical articles about us over the last 3 years.

We have put up with Richmond flogs mouthing off about our coaching situation and our list on this board for 2 months.

The media have also pretty much propelled the line that the Richmond job was a better one and that they have a better list than ours.

I think in light of that we've got a right to discuss that 'effort' from Richmond last night, and ask how exactly their list and the job looks compared with ours, particularly in light of last Sunday. Hope someone puts that to USC and Grant Thomas on Footy calcified.

But we're playing Port. :boggled face thingy

Nah, I know what you're saying. A thread like this only stands to bite us on the ass in this high-stakes world of internet forums.

Fwiw, I'd say the wiper was just having a bit of mischievous fun, and I wouldn't get too serious face thingy about it all.

Oh, and this....

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15515439&postcount=64

It was reported on TV that all the players were told pre-game that these 2 players were playing their last game.

Maybe you should have gone down and addressed the rest of the players at training.;)

You are correct, the rest of the playing group were told pre-game but Brown and Cogs themselves were told before that.

Nathan Brown is on SEN. He just said Craig Cameron told him on Wednesday.

Someone has no credibility.

Brown's discussions that it was the end started before Wednesday. He knew he was gone 2 weeks ago. CC might have given him the final word on Wednesday but that would have been mere confirmation of what he already knew.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back