List Mgmt. Rioli to Port Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. I mean, the club could easily, easily set him up with some cushy mining industry job on high pay post football
-indigneous liaison officer
-cultural attache'
-sacred site awareness official
Etc, etc
What can Port Adelaide actually offer him post football? A pound of weed and a slab of West end?
did this happen with Jetta No because fanciful ideas like that don`t usually eventuate ..

did this happen with Jetta No because fanciful ideas like that don`t usually eventuate ..

Its not necessarily fanciful if a shrewd manager can negotiate it, and with the eagles business contacts its not implausible

What actually happened to Jetta post football?

He OWES us to get a good deal in a trade for the club and "ideally" not nominate exactly where he wants to go. That's what someone who cares about the club would do.

He doesn't owe us by being shackled here though. Particularly when there are much more lucrative deals on the table elsewhere.

I dunno, I don't like AFL mouthpieces weighing in on the situation and chipping Willie. It's not like he has any idea what he really doing, blokes being led by the hand by his manager.

He OWES us to get a good deal in a trade for the club :whitecheck: and "ideally" not nominate exactly where he wants to go. That's what someone who cares about the club would do.

He doesn't owe us by being shackled here though :whitecheck: . Particularly when there are much more lucrative deals on the table elsewhere.

I dunno, I don't like AFL mouthpieces weighing in on the situation and chipping Willie. It's not like he has any idea what he really doing, blokes being led by the hand by his manager.

Actually Dark Sharks, I think his manager is doing a *ing woeful job.

The sight of simple Junior, fending off questions at the airport, left me thinking that, the poor bastard has been left high and dry by his management team.
He should have never been placed in that situation in the first place.

The entire fiasco that his management have orchestrated thus far, is nothing short of an absolutely appalling sh1t show.

He OWES us to get a good deal in a trade for the club and "ideally" not nominate exactly where he wants to go. That's what someone who cares about the club would do.

He doesn't owe us by being shackled here though. Particularly when there are much more lucrative deals on the table elsewhere.

In usual circumstances I would agree with you on this but this is not a normal circumstance.

This isn't Joe Spud coming out of contract and wanting to get a few extra dollars out of some Norf contract so he bails. Like Xavier Ellis said, WC have looked after Rioli more than any player has ever been looked after and they are repayed by him bailing to Port to get an extra year. The amount of extra time and resources that have been put into Rioli over the past few years would be outrageous.

Nah son that's pretty crook.

In usual circumstances I would agree with you on this but this is not a normal circumstance.

This isn't Joe Spud coming out of contract and wanting to get a few extra dollars out of some Norf contract so he bails. Like Xavier Ellis said, WC have looked after Rioli more than any player has ever been looked after and they are repayed by him bailing to Port to get an extra year. The amount of extra time and resources that have been put into Rioli over the past few years would be outrageous.

Hold up babe :raisedhands:

This isn't some rando club Rioli is just nominating. He's returning to a "safe space" known to him, where he spent time playing for Glenelg prior to being drafted. A city (Adelaide) that was good to him, allowing him to commit fully to football, lose 16kg, play for the SANFL rep side, and then get drafted.

This also appears, out of a handful of suitors enquiring about his services, the place where the money is also the best and contract the longest.

I agree totally with the extra time, money, care Wet Toast had given to Rioli... but i think he's to much of a gumball to really realise that and register it.

Strip it all back and it's rioli choosing the final contract of his AFL career, the most lucrative and he's doing it back at Adelaide where fortune was kind to him previously.

That's it. Nesbitt and the boiz are totally shafted in this situation, full gimp, I just don't think fans should really take it too personally given the reasons for Rioli going compared to staying.

If he stays, he's on a lesser contract with a shitload of restrictions, with an ageing spud team that finished on the bottom of the ladder about to start a rebuild. Pear on the other hand has a bunch of indigenous role models for him, more cash, longer contract and is still contending for a flag... somewhat.

Can argue all day, I'm just not wasting my breath thinking Rioli is a bad guy. He's just dumb and incompetent IMO. The manager is the bad guy.

Deciphering the various grabs of News it appears that Junior discussed the plan to move to Port with his father before he passed away. The reasoning is not apparent, but respecting his dads thinking will be very high in Juniors mind, and this is why he will appear conflicted when trying to explain his actions.
Therefore... IMO WC would be best accept this and get the best trade possible... something that will get them a shot at another potential x-factor like Sheezel.

Imagine if Giants and Suns supporters boo’d everyone who’d left their respective clubs

There’s more players that have left than there are supporters. Poor *ers would be worn out by quarter time each week they played one of the Vic clubs
Probably hard work at the best of time:
LDN-L-UCLA-FBC-0829-KB7-2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Clarko be offering Joe Spud so much money to go to Norf if he wasn't any good though? Typical WCE negligence letting Joe Spud go for nothing

Deciphering the various grabs of News it appears that Junior discussed the plan to move to Port with his father before he passed away. The reasoning is not apparent, but respecting his dads thinking will be very high in Juniors mind, and this is why he will appear conflicted when trying to explain his actions.
Therefore... IMO WC would be best accept this and get the best trade possible... something that will get them a shot at another potential x-factor like Sheezel.
Would like to see how you came to the conclusion that his old man told him to move to Port.

We have bigger problems to worry about than Rioli. If he wants to go then so be it. Trade him out. It is not going to cost us a shot at a premiership. I would rather we traded him out than gave him 4 years. It would be hypocritical to criticise the club for letting him go and at the same time criticise them for the current state of the list which is gummed up with overpaid players with overly generous contracts that we can't get rid of now.

I'm one of those people that don't care when someone leaves a club. It's a job you do while you have your contract. When Judd left I happily thanked him, moved on. If Gaff had done the same, I would have been fine.

But Rioli, after what happened, would be unforgivable.

I'll boo a player for the first time in my life.
My sentiments 100%, but having said that now that he has shown his true colours, piss him off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back