RIP Neil Kerley

Remove this Banner Ad

9b8aa03a0b00953970510b2c34dcea8f
wow… what an absolutely beautiful photo.

two legends of the game.

RIP Neil…

Also the (in)famous tale of how when he was playing for Westies and they lost the 58 GF against Port due to hitting the post with 90 secs left.

After a few bevvies that night, he and some teammates jumped the fence at Adelaide oval and cut down the offending post.

A piece of said post still ( i assume ) sits above the bar at Richmond oval
used to be but not anymore. in a glass case in the hallway of the club.

he was long before my time but the impact he had on westies and south australian footy is practically immeasurable. not many, if any, other coaches in the leagues would've been coach to 3 different sides' premierships. next home game is going to be quite emotional, and unfortunately another kick in the guts to go along with how awful our 130th year has been.

Also the (in)famous tale of how when he was playing for Westies and they lost the 58 GF against Port due to hitting the post with 90 secs left.

After a few bevvies that night, he and some teammates jumped the fence at Adelaide oval and cut down the offending post.

A piece of said post still ( i assume ) sits above the bar at Richmond oval

yep...legendary story

Damn, sad news.
A real character from South Australia well before my time.
These personalities from a different generation were link to past of 50's and 60's that most of us knew nothing about so to hear from them and tell stories of past was priceless and you could not do anything but respect them for there service to our great Aussie game. Now another one gone.
R.I.P Knuckles

Mum passed in December so was going through grandfather's old photo albums for photos for her funeral montage...found this pretty cool pic papa took of Knuckles after Westie's premiership. I like a lot about this pic - that papa managed to be right place right time to catch Knuckle's elation while he is hoisted shoulder high, with the iconic scoreboard and cathedral in the background.

Knuckles Premiership Westies Original.jpg Knuckles Premiership Westies.jpg

I'd love to rock some of those suave hats too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mum passed in December so was going through grandfather's old photo albums for photos for her funeral montage...found this pretty cool pic papa took of Knuckles after Westie's premiership. I like a lot about this pic - that papa managed to be right place right time to catch Knuckle's elation while he is hoisted shoulder high, with the iconic scoreboard and cathedral in the background.

View attachment 1436103View attachment 1436104

Lovely pic, thanks for sharing.

Just a side note, what a time to be alive as a fan and celebrate your team's win on the field on Grand Final Day. The class of dressing and not an obese person to be seen.

Kerley is from an era and time that will never ever happen again.

wow… what an absolutely beautiful photo.

two legends of the game.

RIP Neil…

For the rest of the Victorians in here, here is Teddy in his final lap at the MCG, he stopped for one moment at 4mins30s for Knuckles.

That's an amazing photo!

Fantastic photo - awesome stuff

As a Victorian always thought of knuckles as SA’s Ted whitten. Seemed like a real man’s man.
They were telling a story on SEN this morning that he was boundary rider for a crows game in the 90’s, someone went down behind play and they threw to knuckles to comment on it. He said “I saw what happened but I’m not telling you who hit him”
Classic stuff.
RIP knuckles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back