Rising Star Rnd 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's not an entirely merit-based system, Bolton has played one brilliant game this year. Stack has played about 5

So fair to say, the frontrunners for the award so far are?

Walsh
Rozee
Stack
Miers
Cousins
J.Clark

So fair to say, the frontrunners for the award so far are?

Walsh
Rozee
Stack
Miers
Cousins
J.Clark
It'll be out of Walsh and Rozee. Stack is good but drifts in and out of games, same goes for Miers. Cuz and Clark are too vanilla and won't get the recognition they deserve.

From my mob, Mitch Lewis will get a nom late in the season and so will Scrimshaw

Those were the same as Jack Ross's numbers prior to injury on the weekend and he doesn't even get mentioned.
Not quite.

21.3 disposals
3.3 marks
3.3 tackles
0.3 goals

Ross is a good young prospect all the same.

3f97d3f6c3d6e8ee0e821ec3e8578d93.jpg

Constable has been good but I doubt he will standout enough to win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miers and Stack would be the only 2 players who could possibly win the award other than Walsh and Rozee IMO and should be equal 3rd favourites. Unfortunately players keep coming up with outstanding one off performances to get the weekly nom and history says the winner normally comes from a relatively early nomination

Miers has been amazing this year and at this point has had the best season of all first years.

Stack probably needs a few more good games imo.

Walsh and Rozee have dropped off a touch the past few weeks.

For mine, the best first year player who seems to be completely ignored is Bailey Smith by media- he has been super impressive and surprisingly for a dog player- he gets hard possessions.

Can anybody provide a reasonable argument that Miers deserved the award ahead of Bolton this week?

Bolton had 6 coaches votes, 4 goals and was critical in the outcome of the game. Miers, 0 coaches votes.
Hocking and Whateley. Isn't that the reason why anything positive ever happens to Geelong? They're also hellbent on bringing down the Tiges at every opportunity they get.

Hocking and Whateley. Isn't that the reason why anything positive ever happens to Geelong? They're also hellbent on bringing down the Tiges at every opportunity they get.
I asked for a reasonable argument though, based on their games?

"Best" :p

Its been a damn good class of kids this year, not as if The Richmond kids have missed out against scrubbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back