Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v North Friday 29th March 4.20PM @ Marvel - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Elijah Hollands, Caleb Marchbank, Jacob Weitering
OUT: David Cuningham (calf), Brodie Kemp, Lewis Young
NEW: Elijah Hollands

Round 3 team v North Melbourne
Backs:Caleb MarchbankJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLewis Young

Be interesting to see how the selection panel view this week.

How much do we mess with a winning side? Aside from Walsh and weiters, imo we need to be careful not to bring in to many players whom haven’t played a lot of footy.
Do u bring in hollands? Or give him a run in the twos?
Same as mots and Martin, if both available, do we play both in the senior side? Or maybe one plays senior and one twos?

How many times between now and game time will the statement:

“This is their grand final”

be used.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be honest, I find it all a bit disrespectful - the same as we did when Titch Edwards from Richmond said the same thing about us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s understandable that some of our supporters still feel a bit of anxiety against teams we’re expected to win….i was one of them most of last year and even start of this season although we’ve been winning our fair share.

We’ve come a long way…we’ve got lots of talent and more importantly the hard working types that imo make a world of difference.

I’m a lot more confident now.

Not nervous but this is the sort of game that we need to win by plenty.
Last year we made heavy work of it but came away with a scrappy 24 point win.
Banking percentage gives us flexibility in the 2nd half of the season.
I'd like Weitering and E Hollands back in for Young and Kennedy.

I'll be confident about winning when we have two more forwards who can create their own goals from anywhere in the fifty- graft is good - class is better in the forward line. Need some magic up front - we haven't seen since Garlett/Betts/Walker were destroying teams with skill.

Not nervous but this is the sort of game that we need to win by plenty.
Last year we made heavy work of it but came away with a scrappy 24 point win.
Banking percentage gives us flexibility in the 2nd half of the season.
I'd like Weitering and E Hollands back in for Young and Kennedy.
E Hollands has never played an AFL game for Carlton.

Attributed that to Kemp and Gov or as a team?
Attributed to both our system and those 2 players.

Hoyne said our system improved to the point where we were the worst turnover team in 2023, averaging 6 goals/game, to now 10 goals/game from turnover.

That's a massive improvement of approx 70%. Big props to the work our coaches and players did over the offseason to improve what was probably our biggest area of concern from 2023. Know it's only 2 games but early signs are looking good and it's got me super excited for what lies ahead!

Hoyne mentioned the two biggest contributors to our improvement in scores from turnover are Gov and Kempy. Gov's the obvious one from watching our games but Kempy less so and came as a pleasant surprise to me. He also noted Williams and Saad, but also called out Boyd as an up-and-comer and one to watch in that aspect.

Wasn’t impressed with Elijah’s kicking in the praccy match against Cats, hopefully he was just a bit rusty but don’t envisage he’ll be elite by foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be interesting to see how the selection panel view this week.

How much do we mess with a winning side? Aside from Walsh and weiters, imo we need to be careful not to bring in to many players whom haven’t played a lot of footy.
Do u bring in hollands? Or give him a run in the twos?
Same as mots and Martin, if both available, do we play both in the senior side? Or maybe one plays senior and one twos?
If the bye was treated as a reset, then they will simply choose the best available team vs our oppo.

Young, O Hollands , Kennedy out

Wieters, E Hollands, Martin in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back