Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v North Friday 29th March 4.20PM @ Marvel - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Elijah Hollands, Caleb Marchbank, Jacob Weitering
OUT: David Cuningham (calf), Brodie Kemp, Lewis Young
NEW: Elijah Hollands

Round 3 team v North Melbourne
Backs:Caleb MarchbankJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLewis Young

In: Weitering Hollands Motlop
Out: Young Kennedy Fantasia/Owies

Newman Weitering Kemp
Williams McGovern Saad
Boyd

DeKoning Hewett Cerra
Acres Cripps Cottrell
Carroll O.Hollands

Motlop McKay Cuningham
E.Hollands Curnow Durdin
Fogarty Fantasia

EMG… Young Owies Kennedy

Injured…
Silvagni Docherty, Walsh Martin M.Carroll

Reserves available..
Cowan Binns Pittonet Lemmey Monahan Wilson S.Durdin Cincotta O’Keefe Akuei Moir Mirkov

Last edited:
In: Weitering Hollands Motlop
Out: Young Kennedy Owies

Newman Weitering Kemp
Williams McGovern Saad
Boyd

DeKoning Hewett Cerra
Acres Cripps Cottrell
Carroll O.Hollands

Motlop McKay Cuningham
E.Hollands Curnow Durdin
Fogarty Fantasia

EMG… Young Owies Kennedy

Injured…
Silvagni Docherty, Walsh Martin M.Carroll

Reserves available..
Cowan Binns Pittonet Lemmey Monahan Wilson S.Durdin Cincotta O’Keefe Akuei Moir Mirkov

Can't argue with this. Wouldn't be bringing Marchy in straight away, would let him come back via the reserves for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a fall back game style which we have used to get us back into games the last two we have played. Simply go to playing closer to the man around the field and focus on creating contests rather than trying to win the ball in the clear and that has looked a lot better for us. We have never really looked great when the game has been open and free flowing except when we are able to dominate clearances.

We might be able to play a more open, ball hunting loser checking game if we dominate the ruck.

But I would be very tempted to go this way from the start. Start the game pressure and contest focused and then perhaps look to play a bit loser and open things up.

I think if we apply pressure early, put them back in their box and take the heat out of the game that way we will have a much easier day out there than if we go ball hunting and then find ourselves in a close game that we have to readjust and generate pressure in later.
I’m in total agreement G. Especially how hard North came early at Freo last week. Make it a contested game early until we break them.
I honestly think we will get late 1st quarter goals if we do this.
Can rip in from there.

A lot of people willing to jettison Kennedy. Not sure I agree until Walsh and/ Martin back, I think we need the midfield rotations, particularly without Doc. I guess the question is whether Hollande can provide that…I haven’t seen enough of him to comment.
3 CBs against the Tigers. Hardly a midfield rotation.
Only had 6 against Brisbane after Doc got injured.

Fisher "Getting traded, you always want to sort of prove yourself to your old club"

1) You asked to be traded
2) You did that because you didn't want to prove yourself
Fisher wouldn't even get a game with us if our injury list was three times as long. Cannot kick and played one to two good games for us. One against dogs and one against eagles. Other than that he was poor to fine most weeks.

Watched norf vs freo last weekend. Was very impressed with L.D.U., Tom Powell, McKercher and of course, Sheezel. They do have a lot of young talent and their supporter's must be upbeat about the future of their team. However, we should be way to strong in the last quarter, Blues by 32 points.
We are not getting beaten by a team of noobs. This team is like our young developing team four to five years ago playing against bigger and more established bodies. They are no chance.

Fisher wouldn't even get a game with us if our injury list was three times as long. Cannot kick and played one to two good games for us. One against dogs and one against eagles. Other than that he was poor to fine most weeks.
I can't agree with the "cannot kick" comment. On his right? Correct but his left is very handy IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back