Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v North Friday 29th March 4.20PM @ Marvel - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Elijah Hollands, Caleb Marchbank, Jacob Weitering
OUT: David Cuningham (calf), Brodie Kemp, Lewis Young
NEW: Elijah Hollands

Round 3 team v North Melbourne
Backs:Caleb MarchbankJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLewis Young

Kemp praised for our improvement with defensive transition (acknowledge brain fades) but dropped for a guy who is an interceptor only, poor ball user and has zero games in him...guess time will tell but this seems risky. Weiters no brainer

I mean ... this is true. Marchy can be a bit of a quicksand when it comes to moving the ball quickly. Aside from the prelim last year, he was dropping marks like crazy as well.

I would hope the coaches are able to invest the time to see that Young has trouble killing contests on his own more regularly, and the Kemp is more a victim of playmaking flair.

If you're wanting to drop Kemp for his mistakes, then you'd almost have been wanting to drop Saad against Brisbane. Mistake-free* football is just impossible, and Young made it harder for his team at times despite holding up ok.

Kemp has a role to play somewhere in this 22, and it would be infuriating to see him dropped given how much he's rallied since that awful pre-season game.
You find the weirdest arguments to hang your hat on
Boyd's been fine. Clear point of difference player for us

Cant say i agree with marchbank coming in over kemp with a very minimal pre season, along side weitering who missed a fair chunk himself. A bit risky i reckon.

Cant say i agree with marchbank coming in over kemp with a very minimal pre season, along side weitering who missed a fair chunk himself. A bit risky i reckon.
Marchbank had a full injury free pre season but got a bad flu a week before the practice games and thus missed a few weeks. He'd have plenty of miles in his legs.

How’d he do that with an injured toe 😂

The foot bone's connected to the toe bone, the toe bone's connected to the hamstring, the hamstring's connected to the something ...

homer simpson GIF

Marchbank had a full injury free pre season but got a bad flu a week before the practice games and thus missed a few weeks. He'd have plenty of miles in his legs.

He lost 6kg and was out for over a month, played no practice matches. It’s not easy to return from a heavy illness like that.

If he wasn’t good enough for managed minutes in the VFL last week how can he possibly be good enough for a full AFL game 6 days later?

I would hope the coaches are able to invest the time to see that Young has trouble killing contests on his own more regularly, and the Kemp is more a victim of playmaking flair.

If you're wanting to drop Kemp for his mistakes, then you'd almost have been wanting to drop Saad against Brisbane. Mistake-free* football is just impossible, and Young made it harder for his team at times despite holding up ok.

Kemp has a role to play somewhere in this 22, and it would be infuriating to see him dropped given how much he's rallied since that awful pre-season game.

Kemp is undersized to play key back, that’s it…

The other 4 defensive spots are taken up by better quality players, that’s it…

He lost 6kg and was out for over a month, played no practice matches. It’s not easy to return from a heavy illness like that.

If he wasn’t good enough for managed minutes in the VFL last week how can he possibly be good enough for a full AFL game 6 days later?
Didn't the VFL team have a bye last week? Pretty sure our last VFL game was a practice match against the Tigers on the 14th.

He is just a better player, nothing more, nothing less…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marchbank has been back in training for some time

While Kemp has played 2 games, defensively he is not at the level of Marchbank

Weitering and Marchbank defensive stoppers

Then 5 others that defend well, better users and decision makers

So where does that leave Kemp ? Too much class and talent to be left in no man’s land. I agree he’s not a second defender and when all fit there’s no spot for him. Maybe up forward ? We do lack fire power except for the two talks and when Martin is fit (injury prone).
I agree….we need to find a spot for him.
Good problem to have I suppose

Swear I read the boys had a run around last week.

Disregard that point if not. I’m still sceptical on his overall fitness with the reports of how hard the illness hit him.
Yeah I think they had a bye, either way Marchy always comes in underdone and never embarrasses himself. A full pre season with a flu at the end is more training than he's done in probably half a decade now.

Marchbank has been back in training for some time

While Kemp has played 2 games, defensively he is not at the level of Marchbank

Weitering and Marchbank defensive stoppers

Then 5 others that defend well, better users and decision makers

That is debatable. But I am not questioning the inclusion based on his talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back