AFL Toast RND 5: Win Against The Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

My takeaways:

1) Leave Duursma free at your peril. he run up and down all night, not only getting 2 great goals, but also working extremely hard defensively which is amazing to see. He's been one of our best performers since round 3 and it's great to see him hitting the scoreboard.
2) Our current forward line is pretty deadly. Something we've struggled with in the past is creating damaging scoreboard pressure but tonight we never let the foot of the pedal, especially in the second half of the game. Stringer and Langford are known quantities, but Harry Jones has been our most important player there, he provides a great marking option up the ground and a killer danger in the 50, too. He's really built into a consistent and dangerous forward.
3) Sam Durham has an energy and spirit that we've desperately needed. His agility and precision kicking was a much needed addition tonight and he tore them apart when he had the opportunity.
4) Zach Merrett and Jye Caldwell are absolute beasts in the guts, we need them there constantly.

200w.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see what a forwardline with Wright instead of the resting ruckman forward (necessitates dropping a ruckman).

A Wright, Jones, Langford, Stringer combo with Gresham amd another small could be brutal.

Would love to see what a forwardline with Wright instead of the resting ruckman forward (necessitates dropping a ruckman).

A Wright, Jones, Langford, Stringer combo with Gresham amd another small could be brutal.

I’d love Ridley back.

When’s the last time we kicked 10 of 11 goals and kept the opposition to about one goals for two quarters.

Apart from Smith that was a full strength Dogs team and we had a few out. Great effort

Good win.
Next step, we know they got up for the game after a bad week before,
Now get back on the track through the week and repeat it on the road.

Start getting the reps of stacking even responses. Don't fall for the quick sugar hit, back up the response against a vulnerable opponent on their home deck.

Goldy, McKay, Duz, Duursma, Harry - great games.

Parish felt like he got his touch back a bit as the game wore on which was great to see.
Martin a bit more damaging. I havnt been a fan of the halfback move, personally I'd love him playing more inside, feel like he has that ability in tight to freeze people and kick accurately out of a stoppage instead of just handpass or running it out and it move him closer to goal.
Davey worked into it, feels like he gives up on the chase a little, but has tools that if he can put together we need (pace and skills).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back