AFL Toast Rnd 5: Win against the Magpies

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn it feels good to grind out a win off the back of pure defensive grunt.

Phillips, what a solid performance. TBell wears pyjamas with his face on them.

All umpires are scum.

His second efforts were just brilliant, Grundy played well, but his impact on the game was minimal.

Great game, Tbell is done

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Loved his comments. I know other rucks have height and size against me, so I just back myself and try and jump early. Took it to Grundy and dominated.

Did the reverse jinx this morning in another thread and pleased with the final result. Didn’t think we had the ability to play like that in those sort of conditions.

A sign of maturity after the disappointment of last week. 30cm away last week from a 4-0 start but I think we would’ve been pleased if offered 3-1 at the start of the year.

I think conditions on the Gold Coast/Metricon will suit us. Just keep banking wins wherever we play and fingers crossed, if we do get a finals series, we are there and crowds can get involved.

Crashed into Maynard I think it was. Limping, jarred his knee or hip (or both) on the way down.

He fell across his ankle in the marking contest that Langford won - wasn’t pretty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty much the improved pressure was the difference. If we can maintain the rage then we are going to be around the finals. Just have to find it more often than not. Would like to see us go harder on the spread. We are still too slow to react when we win the footy. They need to back themselves and roll the dice a bit. The defensive zone is still a work in progress but overall has been better. Blues did their homework by shutting down Sheil. Pies paid the price.
Laverde did not do a lot but one noticeable thing was on the long kick in he was the leading target and at least he made a contest in front rather than it being T Bell lumbering forward and being over run.

Awesome stuff. Especially after giving them a 3 goal head start. Can we please be a little more consistent?

All games ebb and flow, we were the better team for the majority of the game - it was a top win against a good side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back