Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Very bizarre selection strategy.

Bolton out doesn't make sense.
Ross is very stiff.
Rioli has done nothing all year.
Bringing in Balta and Chol in the same week?

Absolutely bring in Balta to replace Astbury.
And chol we need a 2nd ruck and Chol will give more than Soldo as he can rotate in the forward line.

We need to play 2 rucks, soldo might get his chance again but with shortened qtrs cant be sitting on the bench. Chol at least can cause problems in the fwd 50 cant say the same for soldo.

On Rioli agree shouldn't have come in, Bolton very stiff to be dropped.

Happy that Aarts is debuting, fast and tough and uses the ball well.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Absolutely bring in Balta to replace Astbury.
And chol we need a 2nd ruck and Chol will give more than Soldo as he can rotate in the forward line.

We need to play 2 rucks, soldo might get his chance again but with shortened qtrs cant be sitting on the bench. Chol at least can cause problems in the fwd 50 cant say the same for soldo.

On Rioli agree shouldn't have come in, Bolton very stiff to be dropped.

Happy that Aarts is debuting, fast and tough and uses the ball well.

I think Bolton is out because they want players who run in straight lines for this match. It is one of the most demoralising things you can do to your team in footy is run head on into a contest, you come out unscathed, your opponent comes out going the other way unscathed, only you don’t have the ball, and he does.

Things are getting serious, so good idea to go for players who will create an honest contest over players who have more bells and whistles.

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I don’t mind a season of tinkering and building for the future years. Unfortunately this would have been the last season for one or two key players at a top level so we have to look at what we have and might need in that regard. Plus any games put into some of the current second tier at the expense of badly out of form players should that continue seems a no brainer with very little at stake really. Feels like a free hit and would hate to waste it in terms of development.
i agree this year is cooked as in i dont know what will happen, but i reckon almost everyone in our team is within our next premiership window. we obviously do need to improve, we need someone to replace rance most of all, a young defender for the next few years, hopefully thats balta, we need one of our young inside mids to step up too, i reckon if 2 or 3 youngsters really grab their chance itll be enough

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Our most clever player I fully agree with. But 2020 version of Riewoldt sux. He is playing terrible football. He ain't performing well in the fwd line ATM. Which is why I thought he should be tried in a different position. JR loves playing ruck I wonder if he plays more ruck minutes and Chol is IN to have a 2nd tall option.
lets play dusty at full back as well, tom lunch as the water boy

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
stack omitted , I think that's fair
bolton - did he do something wrong at training ??? This is how you lose guys at years end with out a good and honest reason behind dropping him
maybe its

Chol - I’ve been hoping he would get an opportunity but fear Gawn will toy wth him in the ruck , Gawn has a lot of little tricks for throwing big guys around at ball ups and throw ins and the harder they try the better Gawn gets
Maybe Chol avoiding contact and trying to leap over him might work???
would have preferred Soldo against Gawn and Chol against someone like the Bulldogs English

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
stack omitted , I think that's fair
bolton - did he do something wrong at training ??? This is how you lose guys at years end with out a good and honest reason behind dropping him
maybe its

Chol - I’ve been hoping he would get an opportunity but fear Gawn will toy wth him in the ruck , Gawn has a lot of little tricks for throwing big guys around at ball ups and throw ins and the harder they try the better Gawn gets
Maybe Chol avoiding contact and trying to leap over him might work???
would have preferred Soldo against Gawn and Chol against someone like the Bulldogs English
With Nank playing majority game time onball Chol probably won’t be opposed to Gawn that often (he has to rest too).
Hoping Chol can have an impact up forward too, has been in crackin form, and is a good converter

Back