• 35: Nathan Broad

• 40: Callum Coleman-Jones

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaguely remember a game from 2013 when the goal umpire didn't pay a goal.
Cost us a win away against Freo and top four that year.

Getting a goal but the umpire paying a free kick against Jack for excessive shepherding (or whatever) on the goal line šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

When I looked at the block of six games, WC was the only one I thought we might lose.
Adel, Ess, WC, Saints, Suns, Pies.
St Kilda forward Max King has a sore back so he is vulnerable in a pack contest and probably won't stretch for marks.

When I looked at the block of six games, WC was the only one I thought we might lose.
Adel, Ess, WC, Saints, Suns, Pies.
St Kilda forward Max King has a sore back so he is vulnerable in a pack contest and probably won't stretch for marks.
Looks like darcy Moore is out for at least a month too

Getting a goal but the umpire paying a free kick against Jack for excessive shepherding (or whatever) on the goal line šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬
Thanks. I vaguely remember.
It denied us a top four berth in 2013.
2013 was when Matt White kicked what looked like the match winner and the goal umpire's leg got in the way, called no goal
The Jack shepherding one was also against Fremantle but in 2017

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was it against Richo (at least one of the games)?

That was a Dreamtime game. I was at that one with 5 Essendon Supporters, including my now wife. I told them all to get ****ed walking outside the stadium and walked 10meters in front of them as they drunkenly cheered the song. I was also very drunk before the game and me and another mate decided to get our faces painted for a laugh. I was one sad looking tiger

EDIT: Sorry i just re-read the thread. Im talking about the Richo mark and goal denied from a push in the back, where Essendon then rebounded up the field before we had a chance to even react. Don't actually recall the Rogers, Bond one - surprisingly

That was a Dreamtime game. I was at that one with 5 Essendon Supporters, including my now wife. I told them all to get fā€™ed walking outside the stadium and walked 10meters in front of them as they drunkenly cheered the song. I was also very drunk before the game and me and another mate decided to get our faces painted for a laugh. I was one sad looking tiger

EDIT: Sorry i just re-read the thread. Im talking about the Richo mark and goal denied from a push in the back, where Essendon then rebounded up the field before we had a chance to even react. Don't actually recall the Rogers, Bond one - surprisingly

Haha, there's just to many sad episodes, that's why all RFC supporters are so bloody emotional and scarred...
The game involving Richo and Bond was also eventful as I think Mark Merenda nearly broke a swans player in half in a shirtfront.

The cheating Swans player who took a dive was their full back - Andrew Dunkley,...

Haha, there's just to many sad episodes, that's why all RFC supporters are so bloody emotional and scarred...
The game involving Richo and Bond was also eventful as I think Mark Merenda nearly broke a swans player in half in a shirtfront.

The cheating Swans player who took a dive was their full back - Andrew Dunkley,...

Do we have a year or round? Im hoping i can find it on Youtube now!

2013 was when Matt White kicked what looked like the match winner and the goal umpire's leg got in the way, called no goal
The Jack shepherding one was also against Fremantle but in 2017
Yes. It was 2013 not 2017.
Nothing to do with 2017 or Caddy.
It was 2013 because we were denied the win and thus a top four berth that year.
I remember Dimma referred to the goal umpire incident at the presser.

In hindsight, Dimma was proved to be correct after the incident in 2013.
He was calling for more professional adjudication at the time.
He was a pioneer in calling for goal line cameras and goal reviews.
It can cost, it could cost a grand final.

We are missing the on-field leadership that not only moves to best position but directs the less experienced (a' la Rance) to do the same. It has been a flaw particularly this season, mentioned many times on our board. We struggle with oppo momentum shifts within quarters. Line leaders need to step up the comms.

I definitely feel like there has been a lack of talk in the back quarter - which i think is in part why we have seen so many unforced errors with marks etc - just a lack of chat out there to say "you are open" etc

That was a Dreamtime game. I was at that one with 5 Essendon Supporters, including my now wife. I told them all to get fā€™ed walking outside the stadium and walked 10meters in front of them as they drunkenly cheered the song. I was also very drunk before the game and me and another mate decided to get our faces painted for a laugh. I was one sad looking tiger

Still filthy about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back