Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Miller

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 27 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree Cotchin's just hard at the ball he is no sniper, never seen him go the man.
I think he did a few of those soft gut punches one year and was part of the reason they cracked down and made it a 1 week suspension for striking.
I’m sure that was probably retaliation for the treatment he was getting though.
He is hardly what I would call dirty or a sniper.
There are definitely those Essendon supporters that don’t like him because he got the Brownlow when Jobe was done for drug cheating.

Why would we play Young forward when he's showing great promise as a key defender?
Because we have multiple players who can play as kpb and only Jack and Sampson Ryan who are even competitive as kpf. Young to his credit will at least always compete

He kicked straight sure but his goals were due being in the right place at the right time. They either came from the hard work of others or horrendous mistakes from West C.
He was in the right place because he pushed forward. Same with Hopper and Toranto The mids have been playing to defensively IMO

So which Cat player is going to take out which Tiger this time?

We had Danger knocking Vlastuin out in the GF

Hawkins pushing Balta square in the back into Soldo, taking him out of footy for 18 months

Stewart absolutely taking Dions head off last year

The Cats have a real habit of injuring our players….
It must have been a gutless king hit just like stewarts last year because the bloke is a complete wuss and here is the proof of it below!

1655808120246.gif

Because we have multiple players who can play as kpb and only Jack and Sampson Ryan who are even competitive as kpf. Young to his credit will at least always compete
True, but I'd rather he has a couple of games in the VFL as a forward first. There's Bauer who could be tried there as well.

Id rather punch myself in the balls continuously for 5 hours than watch that............
Choice Choose GIF by G2 Esports

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must say

I would not hold it against Trent Cotchin if he knocked Tom Stewart into next week in the 1st quarter and received a 4-5 game suspension

I have a mate who played with and against Richard Lounder in under 17s and under 19s. He was actually quite skilled and mobile for his size and played some great early football for Centrals in the SANFL.
Not saying he would have been a star or anything like that, but his failure to carve out a decent career was all about conditioning, preparation and his lazy attitude.
Remember, these were different times in the AFL/VFL. Players trained three nights a week after work or study. It's not the full-on, full-time commitment it was these days.
The Flea Weightman references some of the issues in his book. Lounder would simply not turn up to training some nights and would always have an excuse, such as 'my car has broken down ... again'.
Apparently one night a club official turned up at his house to see why he hadn't come to training and Lounder was on the couch with a lovely looking lass with dozen or more VB cans on the coffee table.
He wouldn't last four weeks these days in the system, let alone the 15 months he did back then.
Make no mistake, he had ability, but zero application and work rate.

Wow, just wow! So many things I didn’t know. Makes a lot of sense, though, because my recollection was that that period was just about the lowest of the low, for the club, and a career of just four games is a real indictment in that context.

Yeah, from what I recall if he didn't take a mark he was completely useless (apart from knocking out slow witted opposition defenders of course). Really, really slow. I can remember people referring to him as The Tree, such was his mobility.

The limited statistics I can find on his career seem to bear that out because just about all his possessions were from marks

Payback.
It's payback time for Stewart's gutless hit on Dion.
In an ideal world, Nank would run through Stewart, but Miller has the bulk to do some serious damage.

Payback.
It's payback time for Stewart's gutless hit on Dion.
In an ideal world, Nank would run through Stewart, but Miller has the bulk to do some serious damage.
TS tripping over Miller and knocking his head on the ground rendering hisself unconscious...

Back